14 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2013 1:09 PM by fallenSamurai RSS

Error: Disconected by host.

So I've been having connection problems for weeks then I unninstalled/reintslled the game, bought Final Assault DLC and now I can connect to online services but...:

1. I only get available games when I turn off my DLC so I got screwed on that 1.

2. The games that I do get to join ... well I can't join them past the lobby. I don't even get to the map loading screen because I get the above error - "Disconected by host."

Please help, I'm loosing my patience with this game that I haven't been able to play for weeks now.

I would really like to see an respone because I can't seem to find any other way to contact the developers.

Thank You.

• Re: Error: Disconected by host.

Unfortunately I'm sorry to inform you that you wasted your money on this title. (especially the DLC)  It is dead and Activision has dropped any and all support.  The developers will not be contacting you... 

The few remaining that do play the ranked game are almost all hackers, either fully (aimbots/wallhacks, etc) or partially (abuse of MW3SA and other such host programs)  Your chances of finding a clean game without hackers or cheating hosts if you can actually get it working are slim to none.

While there are the unranked dedicated servers included in MW3, they are EXTREMELY sabotaged,  so there is a very high chance that the few that exist will be gametypes and/or rulesets that you won't want to play. (for me it's softcore gametypes and crouch only rulesets)

Sadly unless you happen to find an unranked server you like all you can really do is just uninstall and consider it a lesson learned to never buy another Call of Duty title again.

Sad to say that I expected another answer but I guess I was kidding myself.

Glad to say that I won't be buying any other Call of Duty franchise products ever again.

It all started with the lack of care for the honest players being herrased by cheaters and let to this.

If on the official Forum, after 250+views now and no answer from a "official moderator" my quest for finding a solution other than unninstalling and boycotting CoD products begins.

fallenSamurai wrote:

Sad to say that I expected another answer but I guess I was kidding myself.

Glad to say that I won't be buying any other Call of Duty franchise products ever again.

It all started with the lack of care for the honest players being herrased by cheaters and let to this.

If on the official Forum, after 250+views now and no answer from a "official moderator" my quest for finding a solution other than unninstalling and boycotting CoD products begins.

Yeah same here. I wouldn't even have BO2 right now if a friend hadn't insisted on gifting it to me so he has someone to play against bots with...

The funny thing is I would eagerly have bought all the DLC for MW3, and would undoubtedly be buying all the DLC for BO2 if only they would give the PC just a fraction of the support it requires.

R.I.P. Call of Duty.

So I finally figured out what happened. It's a Steam thing. It's a VAC Ban to be exact.

As many of you know ther servers were overflowing with hackers so I decided 1 day to fight fire with fire. I searched the net and installed a hack to use whenever a hacker entered the lobby. Problem is I never got to use the hack(it never worked) and there was a drop in the number of hackers. To be honest I forgot about it until I ran into this problem and after many searches I found out that I have a VAC Ban from Steam for the MW3 Multiplayer. The funny thing is that Steam allowed me to buy the Final Assault DLC witch only has multiplayer maps but doesn't allow me to play multiplayer. I am really determined to take this all the way with Steam because it's not faire that they take my money but don't let me play considering that I NEVER CHEATED, wanted to have a cheat just in case but NEVER CHEATED.

Well the good news is that you now know that Vac bans work, the sad news is that you joined the rest of the idiots that use "or in your case installed a cheat" a cheat.  but you must have used it to find it did not work. the fact you forgot about it means you have had it installed for some time.  it is the same thing vac detects the cheat used or not   if you got the DLC after your ban, you may have a case, to get a refund but I would not hold your breath on that one.

i need help. my call of duty mw3 account just stopped finding games. without reason, i cant find any games.

This is how this ended. I got in touch with Steam and after some emails back and forth I got the refund for the DLC. Funny thing is that the first response was a quote from the license agreement and I had to ask for an honest answer not just a quote. They asked me iof I wanted a refund and I got it.

Hope that alternate ways/servers appear so I may rejoin the mw3 gaming scene, untill then I'm VAC-ed out

@fokiaaa try disableing the DLC (F1) before you do a lobby search. After I got my DLC it wouldn't find any games available, after disableing...all normal.

Well at least you got a refund, I don't know how long a vac ban is for, may be permanent or just a few months?  but to be honest there are a lot of cheats in the game "as with many other PC games" so you may be better off finding a game that has fewer cheats playing in it and you will not be tempted to fight fire with fire in the future.  Our clan runs a cod4 server and we now stay clear of MW3, which is a shame because if it was not for the amount of cheats playing the game it would be top of our clans list to play.

The only reason I decided to fight fire with fire is the imense amount of cheaters I came accross.

Onto another game I guess.

Still it's a nice resolution from Steam, not so from Activision and that's why I'm not even considering BO2 for my new multiplayer game.

Well to be honest, BO2 and MW3 have a lot of cheaters in them, and even cod 4, but most dont get on the server because of punkbuster but one or two make it onto the sever each week and  are delt with if they stay for more than a few games "you can watch them on cod 4" which makes it easy to tell if they are just good players or have a cheat running but most are just good players but it's the same with BO's if you play well you get kicked all the time so I don't play that much but I do like WAW and a bolt thats fun to play ...

Trust me I can spot a cheater. I'm not a player that when I loose I call the opponent a cheater like some do.

With the KillCam in MW3 one can really see if there is a cheater. Plus the 60-0 kill ratio is another sign of cheats. I'm still surprised why I got banned and I reacall meeting cheaters in different days...still cheating theyr assess off. 

Pleased to say that I have found an alternate way to play the game. Private servers, different account, stats from 0% but I've played for a few hours and no cheaters what so ever. PERFECT.

The only thing I miss is the Lobby Leaderboard, in KC I was in the 1500's.

yeah i already tried that with the dlc but nothing helps. i cant join any servers and it looks like my steam did not upgrade mw3 to the latest version. if you got any tips, i opened a disscussion so please reply to my answer there

Well I'm playing an alternate way, private servers and it's not connected to Steam in a major way(you just need to have Steam running). You will have to start from 0 with your stats but there are other plus sides. You just need some files and an account on a page and you are set.

I've been playing for 3-4 days now and came across 2 hackers... which is waaaaaay less that what I would encounter on Steam.

If you think you want something like that P.M. me.

P.S. You will be playing the DLC maps if you want to.