38 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2013 9:30 PM by VeahPsycho RSS

Stat Reset!!!!!!!!

Treyarch.

i know its the christmas season and you guys might be on holiday or slowing down at work but i have had black ops since the day it came out. i was 1 triple kill off get diamond RGS's, i have gold shotgun and a few thing perm unlocked.

over the past few weeks i have had really bad signal always been playing on 2 or 3 bars and i get disconnected from xbox live atleast 2 times a day, yesterday after noon (christmas day) my nephew was over and we were playing online and we got kicked so we tried playing local and it frooze on us so we turned to game off and back on and tried it again and it did the same thing. so we just turned it off for a while and came back to play online again and when i signed in it said "YOUR STATS HAVE BEEN RESET"

logged in to have a look at whats going on and found that i was still the same level, all guns perks etc. were locked and i couldnt use them my perm unlocks werent there and my RPG's and Shotgun was reset lucky my subbys are all still gold (minus chicon) and i had a look and a few things were messed up like it said i had 270 kills with the crossbow (which i have only used no more than 5 times)

Treyarch i was at the point where i was gnna just throw my game in the bin but i saw its happened to a few other people, you say you listen to us please tell us whats going on and give our hard earned camos back. the hours ive spent on this game to be reset and made to start all over again is just annoying.

p,s even my stats in barracks are all screwed up says ive got over 1million kills with a rpg all headshots and then go look at the rgp and its got no camos unlocked.

i really enjoy black ops2 but i just want my things back that ive worked so hard for.

• Re: Stat Reset!!!!!!!!
    gzowner1

I call B$. Maybe your "Cousin" went into a modded lobby..

the local play is a glitch, no modded lobbies

BravestTitan43

13aked same thing happened to me today i was playing with my cousin on custom games then like an hour later i logon and it says my stats have been reset and i lost like 4 custom classes and and i dont have any unlock tokens also it says that i prestiged the skorpion which i only used like 2 times this has also happened with some other guns and my R870 shotgun it said i had 2561 kills and 0 headshots and i spent alot of time getting the art of war camo for that shotgun which got reset i also had my combat knife on kryptic typhon camo now i dont a bunch of other stuff is also messed up Wtf? Any info on what do do? im prestige 6 so i dont wanna just quit

message cutpurse, you'll need to be patient as he is the only one dealing with local match de-ranks

almost the exact same thing..

i had all COC unlocked also and now im down to only 6 i think. my knife was at the same level as yours and yep reset also.

i actually wouldnt mind losing my rank if it was to mean i would be able to keep my camo's as it took so long to get to where they all were.

do they have treyarch forum mods or anyone who has better information that can help out!! if i have to email someone i will just leave details on who they are and address etc.

or even if i have to call treyarch up

rankismet

OP... Two words...

Quit.

Cheating.

You're welcome.

Well mr rankismet.

it was only a matter of time a smart ass like you came along wasnt it!!!

let me start by saying not everyone in the world has to be a cheater ok, black ops 2 is pretty much the first online game i have played for a long amount of time i have never cheated nor do i even no how to cheat.

yes i do share my xbox with my family as we are not rich enough to afford more than one xbox live account and truthfully im not ashame to admit that. if you think i was cheating why would i even write up a thread about it? wouldnt you think id just cheat again to get it all back?

i feel that i have earnt my ranks/camo's fare by putting time and effort into learning a game where people are already pro's and just sticking in there. so please before you even think about replying dont as you are just a uptight person in their own little world.

rankismet

13aked_as wrote:

Well mr rankismet.

let me start by saying not everyone in the world has to be a cheater ok, black ops 2 is pretty much the first online game i have played for a long amount of time i have never cheated nor do i even no how to cheat.

yes i do share my xbox with my family as we are not rich enough to afford more than one xbox live account and truthfully im not ashame to admit that. if you think i was cheating why would i even write up a thread about it? wouldnt you think id just cheat again to get it all back?

i feel that i have earnt my ranks/camo's fare by putting time and effort into learning a game where people are already pro's and just sticking in there. so please before you even think about replying dont as you are just a uptight person in their own little world.

Your account is your responsibility. There's an option to require your password to be entered prior to logging in an account. Poor has nothing to do with it.

People come on here all the time claiming they have been "reset on accident" and are proven to be full of it...

"YOUR STATS HAVE BEEN RESET" doesn't read like a "glitch"...

... it reads like you have been cheating your ass off...

Please stop.

Again, you're welcome.

rankismet wrote:

13aked_as wrote:

Well mr rankismet.

Your account is your responsibility. There's an option to require your password to be entered prior to logging in an account. Poor has nothing to do with it.

People come on here all the time claiming they have been "reset on accident" and are proven to be full of it...

"YOUR STATS HAVE BEEN RESET" doesn't read like a "glitch"...

... it reads like you have been cheating your ass off...

Please stop.

Again, you're welcome.

It isn't cheating. It is a bug. Like he said, he tried to play Local and it froze on him, the same thing happened to me too (but I got lucky and only lost 2 levels), and the message reads: "Persistance data for Gamertag *insert name of account here* has been corrupted, stats will now be reset to last save file,". However, the game last save file sometimes is also a bit messed up, causing some items to glitch up for the account. If it was cheating, he would've been FULLY RESETED (lost EVERYTHING) and likely banned also.

You need to stop assuming everyone who gets reset is a cheater, because it's NOT ALWAYS TRUE.

Full Reset/Ban = Suspected Cheater/Booster,

Glitched Reset/Some Stats Lost with NO ban = Not a Cheater.

You are welcome.

gzowner1

ya do realize its a holiday and no mod or programmer gives a whoot about your reset today. Even tho you claim you didnt do any wrong. Im just sayin....

this is forums right?

as you can see there is someone else who it happened to. so if its happened to other people then someone might have a idea on whats going on it doesnt have to be a formal mod.

by the way i would like to know this.

what is it you think i did?

let me point out before you answer it though. only my RPG's, 1 Shotgun, and knife got reset. all my subby's are still gold/ a few bloodthirsties off gold. my 10 COC i had unlocked got dropped down to 6, and my perm unlockes got reset but i got given back the perm unlock tokens

so if i was cheating why wouldnt everything get reset?

why only those few things?

why in my barracks does it say i have millions of rpg kills?

and my most used item was the emp gernade with 15+ million uses?

as i said if i did cheat why would i waste my time with posting a thread why wouldnt i just cheat again to get it all back?

p.s sorry i forgot to add. even though i disagree with what you think i do thank you for you thoughts, as i can cross that off as what i didnt do.

gzowner1

look guy, if your whole account was reset than you been flag for cheatin in some way shape or form, now if its just some items that got reset than something is clearly wrong. But for those that claim they got reset, they are refering to there profile. If your WHOLE profile got reset than you cheated, but ya need to be more clear on what been reset than just saying i been reseted. Am I clear enough?

ok well sorry. for that in my messed up head i thought i was clear

i understand what you mean about everything getting reset and what not, and if it happened to you that sucks as mine hasnt been fully reset and i am p*$%ED off.

i am only here to try and find out what are my options or if things are going to go back to what they were.

gzowner1

chances are if its a bug, it will be patched but they will not put you back. they will just do a complete reset if anything to get you back to normal. They have no way of knowing what your stats was prior to the bug.

BravestTitan43

Hey 13aked atm only my knife got reset and R870 which im trying to earn my camo again

it says i have the FAL DSW mastery when i have only gotten 9 kills with it this has also happened with the skorpion which says i have marsman and mastery for it but i have only had 5 kills with that gun and this has also happened with a few other guns, my knife and shotgun and my create a class slot have been affected by this lost 4 extra create a class slots atm im trying to get my camos back but it will take alot of time also it says i have 200.00% accuracy with the M216 basically all of my gun stats have been affected by this also my equipment stats have been affected aswell as my scorestreak stats

Did you play Local? There is a bug sometimes when you play it, your screen will freeze when trying to go to Create a Class/Scorestreaks, you will get either an UI error and/or after that it may state that "Persistance data for Gamertag *insert name of account here* has been corrupted, stats will now be reset to last save file," which the other save file might be a bit messed up as well, causing some of the unlocks and stats to go haywire. It happened to me too, luckily I only lost a few levels and nothing else at all happened.

Something similar like that I've explained might of happened to you, I only believe the ones who got slight bug resets and not full resets. Some idiots around here might mistake you for a cheater when you are not. I know when people are cheaters and when not, you're likely not one of them cheaters.

All I can say for solutions is contact Cutpurse, or if not, you just have to live with it.

BravestTitan43

Hey ItsAmirror do you know how to contact Cutpurse?

thanks

Hi, how do I contact Cutpurse, My game has also had the same problem got reset except for my level and it also unlocked a bunch of titles that I havent even started working on, would like to get back to normal gameplay, and I am also not getting permanant unlock tokens for prestiging. Any help on how to contact Cutpurse would be great

Hi, how do I contact Cutpurse, My game has also had the same problem got reset except for my level and it also unlocked a bunch of titles that I havent even started working on, would like to get back to normal gameplay, and I am also not getting permanant unlock tokens for prestiging. Any help on how to contact Cutpurse would be great

conman2010

yep it happened to my friend too .. i have wathced him waste bare time doing this i no and my whole fl knows he didnt cheat ... thier is a problem with legit stat resets... he was 9th with quite a few gold a diamond set ups now hes lvl 1 with nothing...  this also happened to him on waw blops 1 and blops 2 now ... screewwingg

here u go  Cutpurse       http://community.callofduty.com/people/5aac1e50cc17652eafa00e1c732e983a

is there even a way to get your stuff back

i had it today and all my 3 permanent unlock points are gone and i got all barracks and i really mean ALL!

i have to unlock all items again when i was level 40.

this really SUCKS!

CowboySr

I would like to chime in here. Anyone whos seen a post of mine would know that there is nothing I like more than catching a glitcher and seeing them pay. However I dont ever assume someone has cheated until I see their match record and find proof. That said, I myself have encountered this "glitch" twice over the past week. I didnt think much of it the first time as I only went from level 8 to 2 or something after prestiging. There was no game freeze. However Sat night before I went to bed I believe I was in a custom game and it made my xbox freeze. Reset, all was fine. Got up in the mid to high teens in levels after I continued to play. Then the next morning I was back down to level 2 again. Lost all of my unlocks and received a prestige token back. Its almost like 3arch detects the game freezing and has something that resets your level back to a backup time earlier in that day.   I didnt bother to submit a ticket because I only lost a couple hours of work, but there is something wrong out there. I myself will not be going into custom games anymore, I think I went in just to look to see how my emblem looked on my gun.

Does someone over here think we will be able to get the stuff back that we worked so hard for?

This happend to me aswell,i was prestige 4/level 42 i was playin local and i was gettin kicked off xbox live every 10 mins so tryed it again and it done the same,so i checked it this morning and i seens my state have all gone im now level 1 wtf is going on anybody help ?

experiencing the same issue, i was 4th prestige lvl 46 when i lost connection to xlive and now i'm on lvl 1 no prestige and have lost all my **** except the emblem and calling card that i had equipped at the time i got reset, i want my stuff back