9 Replies Latest reply: Dec 29, 2012 8:08 PM by thebigbry RSS

Avoid or block certain maps?

Hey new to forum, and new to MW3. been playing World at War for a while and used to play Counterstrike back in the day HA.

Any way I really hate the "Lockdown" map yet it seems that some servers taht is all tehy play. Every time I try to join a game it seems it throughs me in one of these servers that are strictly lockdown. as soon a I see it and there is intermission still left I leave lobby way a few and try to join another game. Just be stuck on another server playing this damn map.

So is there any way to block playing a specific map such as lock down? or maybe block servers that seem to be only allowwing this map?

I tried a search and did not find any info. But I am new here and have not learned the tricks of mastering the this particular search. So please if this has been covered and you can find the link I would greatly appriciate it, or if you have the answer.

• Re: Avoid or block certain maps?

does anybody actually use this forum?

It's a glitch in the server. Some lobby's are Lockdown 24/7. There is nothing you can do about it other than finding a new lobby. This place has been a ghost town since Black Ops 2 so I suggest heading on over there.

Thanks man. That really blows. I really do not care for that map. Too many camping spots. and I really hate just like when I played CounterStrike back  in the day. Servers that only use one map. Seems they are full of people who only know how to use 1 gun and are too lazy or scared to do anything but camp. which is what I see in lock down, and sea town. guys just hide ina  corner waiting for people to run by so they can rack their kill score up and then tell their buddies about how great they are. when they never even did anything.

I have found a couple maps I like bujt sadly I do not hardly know the names because I keep getting stuck on lockdown.

Again thanks for the info.

Dude, Lockdown is the best map out there! Dome is WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too small for my MK14 (even though it's still possible to use it there). Interchange is WAAAAAAAY too big, it gets very annoying to have to run across the whole map to get to where you want to go.

Lockdown is a medium map that has all of the action packed inside either the hallway or any of the two building joined by the hallway or the building that's in the bottom right-hand corner of the map (sniper spot). It's good for many guns/activities. You can use snipers in the building, you can use LMG's and shotties to tear through the hallway, you can use SMG's to rush into a room and flush it out, and you can use AR for any of this stuff.

Another thing I love about Lockdown is the walls' thickness. Do you know what I mean by that? Well, I'm not gonna spoil the fun you by answering that question.

I would NEVER leave a Lockdown lobby/server unless a F^(^!&% Haxor comes.

Good day, gentlemen.

Dude, Lockdown is the best map out there! Dome is WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too small for my MK14 (even though it's still possible to use it there). Interchange is WAAAAAAAY too big, it gets very annoying to have to run across the whole map to get to where you want to go.

Lockdown is a medium map that has all of the action packed inside either the hallway or any of the two building joined by the hallway or the building that's in the bottom right-hand corner of the map (sniper spot). It's good for many guns/activities. You can use snipers in the building, you can use LMG's and shotties to tear through the hallway, you can use SMG's to rush into a room and flush it out, and you can use AR for any of this stuff.

Another thing I love about Lockdown is the walls' thickness. Do you know what I mean by that? Well, I'm not gonna spoil the fun you by answering that question.

Good day, gentlemen.

Good day, gentlemen.

Good day, gentlemen.

Good day, gentlemen.

Good day, gentlemen.