6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 30, 2012 7:30 AM by yaboria RSS

I think lag comp is only half the problem.

KronosX8

Ok, we've all noticed that shots don't count, people aren't where they're supposed to be, hitmarkers that should be kills and shots fired before death that mysteriously don't show in a kill cam. Has anyone noticed that all this stuff still happens in a custom game with nothing but bots? It makes me think that the damage isn't calculated fast enough or positions aren't updated quick enough or whatever. Point being there are fundamental flaws in the game that only appear to be lag.

• Re: I think lag comp is only half the problem.

My guess is that the engine is to much overloaded with to many stuff, combine it with unstable connections and high pings because of bad Host selection.

KronosX8

It's not like this game has crazy graphics or anything. I just think theres fundamental flaws in the code. If I'm playing a custom game with bots, ANYTHING i do should count. Yet many times I'll fire off a shotgun shot before I die, and then I won't even fire on the kill cam. There is definitely something wrong with the code that runs the game which makes the lag look way worse than it probably is.

Halo 4 suffers from this while playing CO-OP campaign or Spartan Ops. There is a slight delay for everyone including host that doesn't happen in competitive multiplayer or solo Spartan Ops/Campaign. Same issues happened in Halo Anniversary COOP. Too much behind the scenes and the non host had a huge delay no matter what. The place Halo 4 wins though is none of this transfers to competitive multiplayer.

Yeah i know what you mean.The game has also much more framedrops than any other CoD before.

PC gamers also complain about the lag in this game and we all know that PCs are far more advanced than consoles, its the same on PC as we have on our consoles. Maybe a bug in the engine or bad implementation of a new code?

A other theory could be the Treyarch don't understand the IW engine, CoD3 wasn't based on IW Tech engine, WaW was Treyarch first CoD on IW Tech engine and they probably had some help from the old IW devs. Now since 50+ ex IW developers have left IW and Activision the games began to lag, it all has started with BO1 when West and Zampella didn't worked for Activision anymore. like i said, its just a theory.

nflfenatic

Maybe your tv is lagging. I switched from my $2000 tv to my old $100 basic tv and have been beasting ever since. After doing some research, turns out the new flat panels use a processor and can easily add 80 ms of lag. it was lagging against bots occ that made me try this and I never lag on the bots anymore.