19 Replies Latest reply: Jan 1, 2013 9:15 AM by SitRepPro RSS

Remove Drop-Shot or Bring back Quick-Scoping

I never understood why quick-scoping was so hated. Believe it or not, quick-scoping does require skill; unlike drop-shooting. Sure maybe make quick-scoping a little harder than in MW2 but don't completely kill it. The only people who hate it are people who can't do it. So my suggestion is either have both quick-scoping and drop-shots or make both impossible. If you say drop-shots are just a teqniue to the the game, well then so is quick-scoping. Is quick-scoping realistic? Well of course not but neither is drop-shots; at least at the speed that is performed in the game. Also, Call of Duty is a game so who cares if its realistic. If you want realistic then join the service. To go along with people who are pesamestic of quick-scoping, those same people tend to complain about hard scoping as well.

• Re: Remove Drop-Shot or Bring back Quick-Scoping

They didn't take out quick scoping. It's not that hard to QS

It's actually really easy to quickscope. Also, they put in a game mechanic where if you drop-shot, your accuracy with your gun goes down.

So wish granted.

SitRepPro

I can do it but I hate it.  Sniper rifles need to have the slowest ADS of the lot (they don't, LMGs do) because of the huge benefit of 1HK at infinite range.  If people are insta dropping while shooting they may be using modded controllers because I use a stock controller and always go from standing to crouch, crouch to prone and it takes a short while to do.

all you have to do is to change the button layout from default to tactical so that drop shooting is done by pressing and hold R3 rather than circle..  Some players still use Circle to drop shot....like I do but im not getting used to the Tactical button layout cause I don't panic knife as much..  Besides Its the same prone layout for battlefield 3 which makes game switching painless.

U don't need modded controls to drop shot hahahahahahahahah

Have you played much BO2?

Quick scoping works fine and they HAVE nurfed drop shotting.

Now if you drop while firing (even while ads) the accuracy goes wildly off target.

Quick scoping still works, your target just needs to be within the circle even way off center not near crosshairs.  Might take a tiny bit more skill but its still there.

Gerbera

I've encountered drop-shotting A LOT more than Quick-scoping, honestly.

And I'm pretty sure A LOT of them are using modded controllers, or have WAY too much lag compensation with the way they seem to instantly go prone without any sign of crouching first as it usually goes. I mean, I run around, there's a guy, BOOM, very next second, he's on his belly, shooting and kills me. Sure doesn't feel like there's any sort of accuracy lost doing it though.

QS requires aiming skills and mobility.  Its easy to QS but not easy to be positive in KD in a match where the only thing you was doing was Quick Scooping. QS requires Skill based on the Game style your using.  For example.  If your camping a cornor and shooting people in their backs by Quick Scooping than what skill is that verse Run N Gunning with a Bolt Action Sniper Quick Scooping while doing jump shot QS.  See thats skill.

I don't QS much, just only on 1v1's.... As far as Drop shotting it does take skill because U have to also gain control of the analog stick.  Drop shooting in general is easy but to drop shoot someone who was firing at you 1st takes having fast awareness and reaction.  It sure defeats panic knifing and panic hip firing for sure.  Its a great way to Troll players who can't stand it. 

What I do is Jump shot into a drop shot.  If someone is shooting me and missing their bullets, I tend to jump while turning in mid air towards the direction where i was getting shot from and Land into a drop shot.  Than is skill cause you don't know exactly where your getting shot from and when you land to a phone position your limited to stafe...

Drop shooting and QS shouldn't be taken away because its a gaming style which is why people were Upset that QS was taken away in Black Ops 1.. but its brought back for a good reason and thoes people getting killed by that gaming style just has to deal with it or learn how to do it or learn a counter strategy.

you can still qs they just adjusted how aim assist works with snipers for years qs said aim assist had nothing to do it it was skill.well now it does take skill to.qs and you don't see many anymore I wonder why? Oh that's right they need the aim assist to help them out.

MW2 still required skill. Did you see everyone quick scoping in MW2.  No, a lot of people couldn't do it then either. Maybe it does require more skill but how about Treyarch add weights to SMGs so they're not as fast when aiming and slow the runner down?

In my eyes quickscoping should not be in this game at all, the one thing I want from any call of duty is no snipers, balanced snipers or a no snipers game mode. Snipers are long range weapons keep them that way

SitRepPro

erikthefan wrote:

MW2 still required skill. Did you see everyone quick scoping in MW2.  No, a lot of people couldn't do it then either. Maybe it does require more skill but how about Treyarch add weights to SMGs so they're not as fast when aiming and slow the runner down?

There already is a movement penalty by weapon type I thought.  The only strange thing about the SMGs is that they have a faster ADS time than shotguns.  But then sniper rifles have a faster ADS time than LMGs too so it's not really surprising.