13 Replies Latest reply: Dec 30, 2012 9:26 AM by CallOfDutyFan88 RSS

Why are there still "Hide me" Perks in the franchise?

unknowen??

Seriously. Since COD 4 every COD installment has these "Hide Me" perks like Ghost, Cold-Blooded etc.

WHY?

What is it with the developers backing up campers. Of course they pretty much fixed Ghost now, but still, why add in all these perks that hide you from everything. For example Ghost makes you invisible to radar when moving, that backs up rushers. And then Cold-Blooded, a perk you can put in the second slot can also be used. Where is the logic in that? I also think it is stupid that you need a perk to counter an attachment (Target Finder). Removing these types of perks will enhance teamplay by miles. There will be no more guys hiding in corners anymore, and therefor people will be encouraged to play the objective and not just hide at spawn waiting for someone to pass.

I personally think that these types of perks should be removed or minimized.

Discuss.

• Re: Why are there still "Hide me" Perks in the franchise?

because not everyone likes the playing style "lets run around like a headless chicken"

theres nothing wrong with being a stealth type player who likes to remain hidden when picking off their targets

unknowen??

Honestly. How many people do you see running around with Ghost etc. Barely ever. What I am trying to say is, these perks are ideal for campeers mostly. And if they are used by campers, it ruins it for other people. Blind Eye is good when it is equiped by a normal player. But then you see camping b****** with Perk 1 and 2 greed stting in one spot with Ghost/Blind Eye and Hard Wired/Cold Blooded.

Also why should people bother trying to get things like Stealth Choppers when they can't do anything about a person with these types of perks?

Highwayman0226

Launchers take out stealth choppers pretty easy.  EMP nades instantly destroy a sentry gun the second it is placed.  These things ruin a players scorestreak as well.  Should they be removed from the game as well?  It's about balance.  I'm sorry that you have an impression that we should all constantly run around the map chasing red dots, but some people like to play more strategically rather than reactively.

TRU11

thats when you get your grenade launcher or RPG and blow that person up and do it each and everytime untill you get the noobtuber msg or rants over MIC,

you need coldblooded or blind eye if you want to destroy that dude streaks.

even without those perks that person will still do what that person likes to do and if those perks are removed well GL then trying to destroy that person streaks.

problem is not the perks , problem is that person.

Ghost already got nerfed and has become a part of history being the first and only perk that starts and keeps working if you preform certain acts.

also ive rarely seen someone use it but the sensor grenade is like a mini short orbital vsat.

if someone is camping in a certain area you can throw this grenade and it will tell you who is where facing what side.

only problem is if that person is headglitching with a TF it might be hard to get that person lol.

personally i feel coldblooded should also stop you from turning red on the TF and the TF should not make a sound with the corsshair is on you.
        It would make the TF far less effective against coldblooded.

right now even if there is no box you still light up red and it still makes a sound when the crosshair is on you.

Highwayman0226

I agree with you on cold blooded.  You are using a perk to specifically counter something, that perk should actually work.  I'm ok with the target finder, but it needs to be toned down.  Put a range on it where it doesn't work if you are X meters away.  I also don't feel it should show a big orange triangle if just your foot is exposed.  It's really not that different from Marksman or a Thermal scope IMO.

Lol you think cold blooded should go but the target finder is okay?  As long as bad players like you need red dots to find kills I'll be using whatever perk counters the uav I run n gun so.ghost is perfect for that. I always use a silencer on all weapons I will refuse to help you red dot chasers. You complain about ppl with cold blooded camping yet I see more target finder scrubs sitting in corners. Like I said I run n gun & flank so I use ghost,silencer,dead silence to stay undetected while rushing

Izjar11

unknowen?? wrote:

Seriously. Since COD 4 every COD installment has these "Hide Me" perks like Ghost, Cold-Blooded etc.

WHY?

I personally think that these types of perks should be removed or minimized.

Discuss.

If you have not paid attention this game has minimized that one perk incredibly, removing it will cause a uproar with the COD community.

Highwayman0226

It's how they balance the game.  Everything should have a counter.  I personally feel the movement requirement for ghost is pretty dumb, and they should've left it the way it was.  It's a (mostly) useless perk now.  If that guy sitting in the corner kills you, next time, go in a different way, or lob a nade on him, or a rocket (that's the counter to campers).  I guess I agree with you, if they were gonna make ghost (need to move to work) and cold blooded (still sets off the target finder, the most used optic in the game) so broken, why bother even putting them in?

wrecku

Why it's simple when people are out there camping they don't want somebody sneaking up on them when they are playing with their weiners over the campfire.

Dropin_Noobs

I use cold blooded as a rushermaking it arder for people to target me and just use pure aim ability on their own to take me down and it serves me well as I get roughly an average of 2-3 blood thirsty medals or higher per game with it.  On the other hand, ghost just sounds useless to me and I dont use it for that reason.  For instance, on FFA you need 4 kills and destroy an enemy equipment or 5 kills in a row before it starts to hide you from radar which just seems like a waste of that perk slot to me.  I just find that black ops 2 is the best title when it comes to finding campers easier due to the lack of accessories available to you to stay hidden so yo must just not know the maps very well or just arnt that good at killing before getting killed.

ladylucina

please come up to the podium to collect your prize....

we are just writing on your trophy now.....

"award for the worst thread post ever, unknowen?? 2012 "

~claps and gives standing ovation~

Harv72

I don't need to use a perk to cancel out the target finder.

IRL, armies use camoflage, deception, and active jamming to hide their movements from the enemy.  Making that part of the CoD system isn't really that big a deal.

Using any of these "hide me" perks forces a player to leave off something else which would probably have been more useful in their class build.  Camping in a corner might be an annoyance for the one time that player kills you, but anything more than that single kill is your fault, not theirs (and you have plenty of ways to "see" that player, such as UAVs, VSATs, the hated Target Finder or MMS scope, sensor grenades, etc, as well as numerous ways to kill them without putting yourself in jeopardy: nades, C4, rockets, scorestreaks, wallbanging, whatever).

Doesn't really register on my list of complaints/suggestions about this game or series.

CallOfDutyFan88

i agree with most of this, target finder isnt as bad as people make it out to be but perks that make it easier for people to do what everyone hates (camping) shouldnt exist. im a muli gear player, i like to adjust to my situation so thats either doing everything from rushing to camping but usually its a mixture of both. ive never needed any stealth perks in any cod to effectively camp or rush, even if a uav is up im usually aware enough to know where i can get shot from and pay attention to those possible routes to my death. the enemy cant appear from the sky but they can appear from the entrances and exits. i think all the crying about ghost was so laughable as if people really couldnt do well without it. i can count on both hands on how many times i used ghost or assassin in blops1//mw3/blops2. a silencer keeps u off the radar enough in those games, in this game i rarely even use silencer tho.