10 Replies Latest reply: Dec 30, 2012 9:19 PM by randomhero204 RSS

Treyarch I'm curious about punishment.

I'd like to know what the actual process is that takes place in response to a player using the in-game feedback system to report another player? I have reported a few players for boosting/cheating and offensive emblems and weeks or even months later I see no change, is there any point to using your report function at all?

In a final kill-cam I observed a player on the opposing team fire a crossbow, he missed the initial shot and the bolt redirect itself mid flight including a one hundred and eighty degree turn in order to kill the player it was clearly initially aimed at. Naturally I reported the player with the crossbow and I still see them playing, still performing the most b/s kills I have ever seen and at the same prestiege etc.

Hell if this is your response to cheaters/boosters and other such then f**k it, sign me up for some hacks and hey while I'm at it, anyone keen to do some boosting with me?

That is the general attitude you can expect to find among the player base if you don't:

A) Follow up reports on your end, you know, make people feel as though they're not wasting their time when they use your mechanism for it's intended purpose.

B) Perhaps send an automated notification to the reporting player which triggers once that players report has been noted/observed at a minimum. I don't expect to be informed of what was done in response etc. Some sign that you give a s**t would be appreciated though.

Thanks for your time and potential consideration

- Yasker Hawk.

• Re: Treyarch I'm curious about punishment.

That is a good question...i was playing today and guy i was playing good...but then two morons shows up and they ruin the game by boosting on Hijacked and on Slums....I reported them but i dont know what will happen.

Treyarch if you are reading these...please check this two guys on XBOX Live

[REMOVED BY MODERATOR]

Whats the point playing this game fair when nothing happens to these boosters and cheaters???!!!!!!

deamonomic

the guys will take a look at the report and if they find it to be credible they will be banned. dont exect it to happen over night. wanna take a guess at how many reports they have to sift through to find Legit cases of cheaters and what not?

randomhero204

Haha sorry to burst your bubble.. There are no "guys" that look at it.

It's all automated, if a person gets enough complaints against them a computer system looks at what the complaints are and will ban accordingly.. There are set consequences based on the type of complaint filed against them.

I don't think we're allowed to directly name players here, something about no 'name and shame' allowed on the forums etc.

I can imagine how many reports they get and I realise it's an awfully large work load however I also know they ought to be prepared to handle such a bulk of feedback. They put this reporting system in place which means they also designed methods by which to deal with the reports, to put a reporting system into the game and not plan for it's use would be a move so stupid that even Treyarch knows better.

I view this as six to one and half dozen to the other as they say, your point still stands and it would be unrealistic to expect an over night reaction to a report but I do still like the idea of a notification system alerting a player that their report has been recieved and viewed.

nicedrewishfela

Report when you see it, get others in the lobby to do it as well if you can. There are millions of us, a handful of them and they can't catch everything, so we have to police ourselves as much as possible.

OneofSwords explained it pretty well-

You reported the crossbow player? Why? What do you think he is doing? You think he has homing crossbow bullets? Id love to see the video of his homing crossbow, you sure it wasn't a hunter killer? I have to be honest if somebody had a homing crossbow and are using it every day publicly, even if its just one guy it would be on youtube by now.

starbuckfrack

YaskerHawk wrote:

I'd like to know what the actual process is that takes place in response to a player using the in-game feedback system to report another player? I have reported a few players for boosting/cheating and offensive emblems and weeks or even months later I see no change, is there any point to using your report function at all?

In a final kill-cam I observed a player on the opposing team fire a crossbow, he missed the initial shot and the bolt redirect itself mid flight including a one hundred and eighty degree turn in order to kill the player it was clearly initially aimed at. Naturally I reported the player with the crossbow and I still see them playing, still performing the most b/s kills I have ever seen and at the same prestiege etc.

Hell if this is your response to cheaters/boosters and other such then f**k it, sign me up for some hacks and hey while I'm at it, anyone keen to do some boosting with me?

That is the general attitude you can expect to find among the player base if you don't:

A) Follow up reports on your end, you know, make people feel as though they're not wasting their time when they use your mechanism for it's intended purpose.

B) Perhaps send an automated notification to the reporting player which triggers once that players report has been noted/observed at a minimum. I don't expect to be informed of what was done in response etc. Some sign that you give a s**t would be appreciated though.

Thanks for your time and potential consideration

- Yasker Hawk.

Well they will NOT let you know how the case is going because that violates that policy that you agreed to. So No. You wont get any kind of thank you card back.

As for the crossbow player WHY should he get banned or reset ? Was he actually cheating or was there a game glitch ?

zingaa

The video makes sense, I guess it's just best to report people you see ingame and hope others have done it as well, but chances are slim that XxXgamertagxxx will be reported numerous times unless he/she is just on a boosting rampage..The boosters I checked have boosted a few games and then went back to normal play, I'm assuming to try and stay off the radar (no pun).

ok this is to everyone who is out there complaining,

1) we get it everyone has things about this game and every other game that upsets us.

2) the player population vastly out numbers the total amount of people that work at 3arc, infinity ward, ect.

3) there will always be trolls, there will always be people out there who will find ways to "cheat" or otherwise bend the rules.

4) there will always be people who through their frustration have jaded point of views and say that other people are cheating, boosting, ect.

be fair guys the people that run these games in all likely hood are trying their best to work towards the needs/wants of the gaming community. you cant honestly say that just because there have been thousands of posts that you are being ignored. things just don't happen over night, instant gratification just doesn't happen.

we all get frustrated, we all get upset, we all have issues in RL and IG just the same. temper your attitudes and be grateful that they do try and keep up with the millions of players that play and have something to say. be patient, the people that work on the things we complain about have families, and drama, and things that bother them too. we cant honestly expect them to just roll over and do what we say when we say it, just because we want it.

if you have that big of a problem with the games that you are complaining about then why not try something else? instead of putting out more and more threads and posts about something that in reality we have absolutely no control over.

safe trails and happy hunting,

-DrDeadZed