27 Replies Latest reply: Dec 31, 2012 7:58 PM by the_SMACKY_boy RSS

I was de-ranked for no reason

hi, i was just deranked in black ops 2 for no reason, i was level 48 prestige 1 and i was disconnected from the black ops server and i get back on and im level 1, 0 prestige, I have proof that i was this level i didn't rage quit or do anything so there was no reason for this to happen, is there anything you can do about it? My PSN name is the_SMACKY_boy,  and i play on playstation 3, please help i put a lot of time into get 3 guns gold i've only had the game since christams and after all the time put into it i'm not sure if i could start back from level 1, 0 prestige, there is proof of my level in my recent games, and you can see in the game that i am disconnected through the game, and i obviosly didn't rage quit because i was going postive and just got a kill.

• Re: I was de-ranked for no reason
    poppergunner

ive had problems myself today. a couple of tags unlocking when i havent completed them. it might look good but i rather do them myself and get the xp so i can rank up

you were de-ranked as well?

BulletMagnet_911

youve had the game 5 days and got 3 weapons to gold camo ?  well if youre that good you should be back to where you were by tuesday.  i would guess someone reported you for boosting and treyarch checked you out.

there is the possibility that you got de-ranked unfairly, it happend to me but i only lost 6 levels cuz the system reverted me back to its last save.  so in the future i recommend saving your game often. how do you save on a console you ask?  i back out of the game entirely to the main menu and quit.  you will see the console writing to your drive( the little yellow light)  I cannot say for certian this works but it hasnt happened to me since.

yeah 5 days, but i have been playing the game a lot and getting all those headshots takes a long time, at the rate i have been trying for gold i have been getting a gun gold per day, but after all that work being for nothing im not really feeling motivated to keep playing, i would have played around 30 hours already

cynicaldriver

Unfortunately that doesn't do much good. The servers store your player profile data. I can take my game to another system, log into my PSN account, and have the exact same progress.

3 weapons to gold in 5 days sounds a bit dubious to me as well... If done legit, then it obviously won't take long to get back to where he was.

im not lying, the MSMC, the PDW, and watever the first shotgun is, those are pretty much the only guns i have used, and you say it won't take long to get them back, it's not the time, it's more the effort of aiming at the head for every kill, it takes soo long, and i wasn't boosting either

cynicaldriver

I have the MP7, PDW, and R870 gold. So the only difference between the two of us is the MSMC vs MP7... Seeing as how those are the three, I can believe you did it in the time you say. The shotgun was the easiest by far... Still haven't gotten the level maxed on it (6 to go) and had it gold before I  even prestiged it the second time. Seeing as how you are playing Kill Confirmed, I can also believe that you got that many headshots.

You have to forgive us though, as there are a number of people who have come on here whining about being deranked, when they were most likely boosting. Difference is, they can't give specifics like you did.

I can understand the frustration... Send a message to CutPurse, he handles those things. I don't have a link to his profile right now, but I am sure you can search for him, or h may even be listed in the "Customer Service Cheat Sheet" sticky at the top of the forum.

Good luck getting your ranks back. If I were you, I would just plan on having to do it again though. Sucks, but you'll be back where you were in no time.

BulletMagnet_911

well im just hopeful that the bo servers save me when i quit the game then... really what else can anyone do?  once that game freezes up and it hadnt saved youre bummin' .  i dont see any tips coming out of treyarch on how to prevent these issues

poppergunner

thats what i do, log out then back in. since i lost a couple of my ranks. just keep saveing

TRU11

rofl 1 gold camo a day ??

please tell how you managed 200 headshots in 1 day with the same gun lol ???

perks , attachments and game mode ????

well, for starters, not sure about about other guns but sub machine guns are 100 headshots needed, and well, i first got the shotgun gold and that took me all prestige one and i was using the msmc a lot and the pdw but i wasn't trying to get them gold, i prestige and started trying to get the PDW gold, i got 70 headshots yesterday with it and the other challenges are easy, and then i moved on to the msmc and it already had around 60 headshots so all of today i was working on it, i just got it gold and moved on to the mp7 and that when i was deranked, i average around 6 headshots a game and play either kill confirmed or hardcore kill confirmed and have been playing around 8-9 hours a day

and also why would i lie about this? it achieves nothing for me i just want my level and guns camos back

TRU11

pretty sure SMG requires 200 headshots lol.

and in order for you to get gold you will need to do specific stuff to unluck art of war and ronin and such camo.

but judging by how long you played a day and coupled with hardcore it could be possible.

id suggest you follow what Out replied if you know you did nothing wrong.

thanks and im 90% sure it's only 100 i just got the MSMC gold about 1 and half hours ago (I live in aus) and all the other challenges are easy, to save time i take all perks and attachments off at once therefore i only have to get 150 kills instead of 300

Out

TRU11 wrote:

pretty sure SMG requires 200 headshots lol.

100 headshots on the SMGS will complete all of the headshot camos.....

i have 90% of the SMGs at Prestige 2 maxed out...... so far all 100 headshots completed that part

it is those damn bloodthirsty medals that complete the camo unlocks that drives me crazy........they seem to come pretty easy before i finish the headshot challenges....but afterwards they become the hardest part for me

nah for me its the dam headshots! takes me at least 6 hours to get those headshots, the bloodthirsty and the others are fairly easy for me, especially when im playing good, about 2 gays before i was deranked i started using the mp7 (to get it gold) and the first game i use it in HC KC i went 51-25 and without going for headshots somehow i managed 9

cynicaldriver

SMGs are 100 headshots for Typhon. He is right about that.

Out

If you know you are guilty of nothing

you can send      Cutpruse    a private message and give him the details he might help you

I have been randomly deranked as well. I have also noticed some issues with randomly picking up weapons and other trivial problems. I have been playing a while and did not rank up over a 5 day period. I am also 41 y/o and retired military, No reason to cheat here and if you look at my stats you will see I have not been cheating as I rather suck at the game. Just playing for fun.

SUM1SLY83

Wow you people must be really bad at the game if you think you can't get a gold gun in a day,I've played 5 days and by day 4 I had diamond camo on the shotguns and the SMG's.

I did pretty much have all the challenges for these guns done before patch 1.04 came out though what added loads of recoil to the SMG'S.

But it's easily possible to earn 3 gold guns in 30hours of game play.

i have also been sined out of psn a lot and i have to log back into the internet, it's been taking me back to the main menu and saying that i am not logged on.