1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 65 Replies Latest reply: Jan 1, 2013 7:49 AM by blb128 Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: forced to prestige?! ridiculous!!

It's not that hard to grind all the way up to master perstige. It just takes time and effort. If you're asking for all unlocks why don't you try it? Instead of just sitting at 5 stars without nothing to expect.

"No pain, No gain"

• 31. Re: forced to prestige?! ridiculous!!
    Ch1chaa

I have never done prestige and never will, no matter the rewards. The badges look stupid and 90% of the prestiged players are shockinly bad. I'll keep my 5 stars and guns, thank you

• 32. Re: forced to prestige?! ridiculous!!
    Tifosi92

The OP, in my opinion, has a valid point. It is rather irritating that, in order to unlock everything for use in public matches, you're essentially forced to prestige. Multiple times. On the other hand, though, you get more than enough unlock tokens to outfit your five classes with different items in every slot--I'd say just pick what you use most and keep it. I use the same items on most of my classes anyway, so it's not a big deal to me.

And if it's his decision not to prestige because he doesn't like the emblem, so be it--I totally understand. In every CoD game featuring prestige mode I've stopped prestiging once I've gotten my favorite emblem of the lot. To be honest, I despise the apparent obsession with glitzy and quite frankly stupid-looking emblems on the later levels in the most recent games, in my opinion. WaW's tenth was very plain, and I liked that--simple is usually best, in my opinion.

Here's to bringing back actual medals for prestiging rather than the goofy-looking skulls, snakes, scorpions, and other assorted wannabe tough-guy emblems (though I do make an exception for the logo of the Marine Raiders and any other symbol representing a real-world division of war veterans--those guys are/were awesome and wholly deserve to be remembered for what they endured).

• 33. Re: forced to prestige?! ridiculous!!

Yea. Why prestige if you're already happy with what you have unlocked. I hope you won't get bored this game fast, because you don't have the chance to use the other stuffs that you haven't unlocked yet. It's not like the past CODs that you can stay on 5 stars and have anything.

• 34. Re: forced to prestige?! ridiculous!!
    Ch1chaa

Why would I get bored? I bought this game to shoot people, not for the new 'cool' calling cards or emblems you get.

• 35. Re: forced to prestige?! ridiculous!!

I'm not talking about emblems or calling cards to begin with

Now tell me how can you unlock all guns, perks and scorestreaks without prestiging?

• 36. Re: forced to prestige?! ridiculous!!
    TeamKillerMAC

Exactly.

• 37. Re: forced to prestige?! ridiculous!!
    Ch1chaa

Why would I care to unlock guns/perks and scorestreaks I will never use? I don't like the emblems, I don't like the idea of prestiging and I certainly don't like the image that comes with it. Prestige are for kids trying to act good because they have spent more than average amount of time to get it.

• 38. Re: forced to prestige?! ridiculous!!
    vespervin

Treyarch should've just made it so when you hit level 55, you unlock all the weapons, perks etc. YOU WILL STILL HAVE TO EARN the attachments and camouflage, but you get everything else that you could've gotten with Unlock Tockens. If you Prestige, you lose it all and start again.

I think that's fair. Stay at 55 and have all the guns etc, or Prestige to "challenge" yourself.

• 39. Re: forced to prestige?! ridiculous!!

Like what i said on my posts above. Why prestige if you're already happy with what you have?
    I'm just saying if you want all unlocks, why not give it a shot.