19 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2013 12:42 PM by barneykiller RSS

Anyone know why?

Stephen_0u5

Today playing some tdm and what not I ran into a few problems. First I stuck someone with my bow seen it blow up but the guy somehow lives and get me with his ballistic. Second I was watching my tubes and war machine nades shoot but not blow up? Oh yeah thirdly playing s game of gun game there was a host migrate then all of a sudden we had more people in the match than is allowed there were at least 14 people.

• Re: Anyone know why?
    cynicaldriver

I'll cover it question by question...

1) They probably had Flak Jacket on (my best guess)

2) The War Machine and Underbarrel Grenade Launcher projectiles have to travel a certain distance before they will explode. Shoot farther, then they'll blow up. Just remember to aim higher, because they drop as they travel forward.

3) That's just messed up, but on the bright side, it should have allowed you the chance to get more kills.

BulletMagnet_911

good answers sir,

cynicaldriver

Thanks.

TRU11

the bow is an instant kill regardless of the flak jacket if its stuck to someone, same as  sticky.

at least when i have a flak jacket and i get stuck lol.

cynicaldriver

See... I'm not so sure about that. I have survived a few bow-sticks when I had Flak Jacket on. I think it depends on where you get stuck, if I'm honest. Maybe you "can" live if you get stuck in the main "jacket" area. I haven't survived a semtex stick though.

I could check this out if my games were recording properly

Out

TRU11 wrote:

the bow is an instant kill regardless of the flak jacket if its stuck to someone, same as  sticky.

at least when i have a flak jacket and i get stuck lol.

I havent used the crossbow that much, but the times that i have it seems that only about 50% of the actual sticks (direct hit) i get will result in a kill .......

Highwayman0226

I tried it out in a private match.  I didn't try extensively, maybe 4-5 times.  Stuck from a crossbow won't kill with flak jacket.  Stuck with a Semtex will kill even with flak jacket.  I was putting crossbow bolts in the side of my unmanned player2's head and he was living with flak jacket.  Flak Jacket won't protect you from direct hits with an RPG or SMAW, but it will if it hits the ground next to you.

TRU11

hmmm weird **** lol.

when someone direct hit me with a crossbow arrow im instant death lol.

1 dude was raping the whole team with it lol.

it should be an instant death regardless of flak jacket though.

i mean an arrow with explosives is stuck on  your body.

not sure how anyone would survive that.

but i guess its going to take forever to get it gold lol,

Highwayman0226

Right, I agree with you.  I said, I haven't done it extensively, but 4-5 times I hit my "friend" with a crossbow right in the nugget and he didn't die.  I don't know if I've been stuck in a public match since I've started using flak jacket, but A LOT of people use flak jacket these days.  It's hard enough to stick a person in the first place, you should be awarded a kill if you do.

barneykiller

This is true. I got stuck with a semtex and was wearing Flak Jacket and died.

Stephen_0u5

That seems odd I always figured the gnades and war machine blew up after a certain time, very helpful to know. I still feel like my bow ripped me off, and I would have stayed in that wierd lobby but I was thinking it was hacked or something or other.

SUM1SLY83

Not bothered about what you all are talking about, just want to wish you all a happy new year.