36 Replies Latest reply: Jan 20, 2013 11:35 AM by veteranmostly RSS

Bloodthirsty Medals

mike\

Hello,

Just a topic to see if anybody could shed some light on a topic that's been confusing me for some time.

For most of the Gun Camo Challenges, to achieve the 'Skulls' Camo you need to earn a certain number of Bloodthirsty medals (5 Kill Streak). Getting these Bloodthirsty medals isn't an issue, but having them reflect correctly towards challenges is what's causing me some confusion.

To try and isolate what was causing the discrepancy between how many Bloodythirsty medals I get in-game, and how many are counted towards my challenges I have tried stripping my classes right back to the individual gun and perks only, no secondaries, lethals or tacticals and no scorestreaks thinking that maybe the damage caused by Shock Charges or some other factor was causing them not to count, but I still can't figure it out.

Some games I get 3 Bloodthirsty medals, and all 3 count, other games I get 4 and only 1 is counted.

Is anybody able to shed some light on this?

• Re: Bloodthirsty Medals

It could be because not all kills for the Bloodthirsty was done with the gun. Let's say you get 3 kills with the gun and two kills with a grenade or something, you'd get the medal in-game but it won't count for the camo. You'd need to get two more kills with the gun for it to count, and you could die before that happens.

mike\

Yes that's correct, and that's why I've stripped the classes back to the gun only so that no kills can be earned other the way in which I need them to be.

I guess my question should be, is anyone else experiencing this? I've reviewed my theatre footage to ensure that all the kills were 100% with the gun and for me at least it's not matching up.

I've never experienced this personally; I assume it's an odd glitch that Treyarch needs to sort out.

I've had a similar issue but with kill steak kills. For example one map I got 4 kills with a death machine. At the end of the match I even had 4 decimated medals at the end of the round but the game says I only have 1 death machine kill. It is what it is. Just keep playing!

slap1i

If the scorestreak comes from a care package, it needs to be unlocked in order for it to count.  If you got that death machine from a carepackage, you would need to have the Death Machine scorestreak unlocked in order for kills to count.  Hopefully that makes sense.

rankismet

Make sure the 5th kill is with your weapon... then it will count.

;)

Noob_Lyncher

It doesn't matter if you get kills with any other weapon in between, as long as you get 5 kills with 1 gun without dying, you get a bloodthirsty for that gun, even if you don't technically get the medal on your 5th kill this way.

mike\

Interesting to read, I'll keep this in mind when I'm doing my pistol kills. I was under the impression all 5 had to be with the weapon, but I'll give it a try. Still, this would only serve to confuse me even further as to why the kills don't count. I've reviewed game after game in theatre and can't for the life of me figure out why some aren't counting. Maybe I'm just crazy.

Noob_Lyncher

I don't know if it's actually glitch or not, but the last gun I got gold, I got the last bloodthirsty this way. I got 4 kills, 3 kills with another gun, then when I switched back to my main gun and got a kill with it, I completed the challenge.

mike\

It make sense I guess, you did after all get 5 kills in a single life, even if there were other in between.

Jimmienoman

I can confirm this multiple times when going for diamonds. Many times I got a bloodthirsty on my gun when I know the first 5 were not all with my gun.

I can confirm it 100% because for my balista sniper I got the skulls finishing confirmation on kill 7. In those 7 kills 1 was a pistol kill and another a knife. So as long as you get 5 kills with said weapon in 1 life then you are (should be as sometimes it does glitch even when I get the first 5 kills with said weapon).

I noticed that the most common way for a bloodthirsty to not count when it should is host migration.

dweez1988

It might be the simple problem of it being an assist kill?

I know you stripped you're class down to just the gun and perks because tacticals would harm your bloodthirsty kill.

It might just be that when an enemy is already hurt by a team mate (gun fire,tactical and lethatl) That it will not count. It would be stupid if it is this way but I believe it really is because I have gotten bloodthirsty's with nothing but my onw gun and they did'nt count.

So if the enemy is already hurt or flashed or stunned by a team member it might not count.

veteranmostly

iv been having bother with this aswell, iv been stuck on 7/10 for the past 2 weeks for the pdw and i get numerous bloodthirsty medals, but they never count towards skulls! i got bloodthirsty for definate last night, 4 kills with the pdw in 1 round and the next kill was in the next round round with the same gun. all i play is hc snd so all the other medals have been earned in this game mode in the same way

simonm

sometimes they just dont count towards your camos even when you get them , i think i recall someone on twitter asking vahn about this before

unfortunate but hey what can you do .

So long as your FINAL kill before the Bloodthirsty medal pops up is by your chosen weapon, and no LETHAL SCORESTREAKS are counted in, then you will have it count. CUSTOM CLASS kills do count in.

For instance,

Gun, Gun, Gun, Hunter Killer, Gun = Won't count,

Gun, Gun, Gun, Claymore, Gun = Will count,

Gun, Gun, Gun, RPG, Gun = Will count

Hope That Helps

WonkySausage

For the guy confused why death machine kills were not registering on challenges - I'm assuming you got the death machine from a care package...

Kills earnt from care package killstreaks do not count towards challenges!

Never have done since MW2!

therealpieman

That is odd as mine do, they don't count if you haven't unlocked that score streak yet, either because you are not a high enough level or if you haven't spent a token on them.

I have 30+ kills with dragon fly but have only got them from care packages.

superbob

I think they do. They probably just didn't buy the scorestreak with an unlock token.

I had the same thing happen with 'Hard Counter' where I got an EMP from a care package and then destroyed a Lodestar and it didn't count because I didn't unlock it.

therealpieman

Yesterday I got 7 kills without dying with a Death Machine, it was unlocked but I didn't get the 5 kills without dying award, I think because I had died once while holding it already. A bit like UAV assists don't count after you have died with it up.

therealpieman

Not sure why that is, but I can confirm that if you manage 10 kills you get the equivalent of two bloodthirsty medals added to your score. Or if you get 6 kills 5 with the gun in question and one another device then that will count no matter what order you get the kills in.

actually i had that same question on my mind. i was working on getting my dsr gold and all i needed was two bloodthirsies. i reached a 10 kill streak using only my dsr and i thought i would have gotten two bloodthirsties. however that was not the case. i only got 1 bloodthirsty that counted towards the challenge. i also did not use any lethals or tacticals either. did not have any secondaries either.  my killstreaks were also non lethal so that wasnt a problem either. i have tried it out and it does not work for me which sux but o well its gold now

Audiophile

I have had this happen as well but found one factor consistent.....if the host dashboards during the match and you receive the "Migrating Hosts" error and then the match resumes, it appears you lose some of the medals you earned prior to the dashboard. This has happened to me several times with both headshots and blood thirsty medals.

nuttin2say

Just like MW3, the challenge counter is effed up.

I contacted Activision over this issue for the fourth or fifth time recently and all I got was a "Make sure you have everything unlocked and there's nothing wrong on our end" typical response ... er, wait. No, actually, the typical response is ... no response at all. The odd ball chance that they respond is in quotes above.

The problem is, that's their response even when you do have everything - and I literally mean everything - unlocked.

I've had this issue with every COD since and including COD4. At least with COD4 after completing some of the same challenges fifteen or twenty times they finally counted.

I experienced this recently as well.  I needed 3 bloodthirsty to gold my MSMC and I only carried that gun, no tactical or lethal and scorestreaks were UAV-Counter UAV and Orbital Vsat.  I got a bloodthirst in the game, but when I checked the camo after the game it did not register.  I watched the game back in theater and counted my kills and seen it give me the medal and all were with that gun and none were assist kills.

Then I need 3 longshots for the reflex sight to be gold and 5 for type 25 to be gold and I got 2 in a game and they registered for the type25, but not the reflex and I was ADS with both.

So I think it does happen sometimes.

xmrythem

the only way to get bloodthirsty with your gun is to get 5 kills with ONLY THAT GUN. No scorestreaks, no claymores, no bouncing pancakes, no nades, no stickies, no rockets. ONLY THAT GUN, 5 kills in row. Not 4 with a hunter killer + 1 with your gun.

Not 1 kill, 1 nade, 4 kills with your gun.

5 kills only with that gun.

I've had this happen to me multiple times with multiple weapons (challenges not registering).

It only seems to happen when I've unlocked the weapon challenges and then tried to complete some during the same play session.

Every time I've fixed it by just restarting my Xbox.

If you have restarted your Xbox and you're still experiencing it I can't help you. Try the troubleshooting forum.

nicedrewishfela

Never had a problem with mine counting towards the gun camos, personally. When I get them they seem to stick. The headshot part is hardest for me, the rest are pretty quick to get.

warzh311ion

There are a few issues with this system. I was working on the no perks and the no attachments for a weapon. So I made a class with no perks or attachments so I could do it all at once. Well for some reason some of the kills would count for one, but not the other.

yadamus

If you are playing Domination for example or another game with rounds, i have found that kills do not carry through to the next round.

I was playing demolition and I got 4 kills then the round ended and I got another kill the next round, my bloodthirsty medal popped up, but it didn't count towards my skulls.

Perhaps that is the problem?

Too many comments to read... here is my two cents. Five kills with the gun only, no scorestreaks, greanades, knifes or anything else whatsoever... the gun only. After the five kills suicide or let someone kill you and rince and repeat. That has worked for me through my diamond: smg, ar, sniper and shotguns... and only one lmg left.

veteranmostly

i take it nothing is going to get done about this skulls camo. i got 2 bloodthirstys last night and 3 the night before all with my PDW and the camo is still not gaining any medals, im still stuck on 7/10, been there for bout 3 weeks now. its definateley been 5 kills in a row with that gun only, no assists, scorestreaks used or other guns/equipment used for any kills. just feel like im wasting my time trying to get skulls camo!