41 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2013 4:51 PM by MrEYE RSS

and wiimote is broken in tdm again

Padiego

might as well release official patch notes saying "screwed over wiimote players". nice treyarch, nice.

• Re: and wiimote is broken in tdm again
    like2nap03

Ah heck really?  What's wrong now?  ADS screwed up again?

nintendon't

Hopefully Treyarch keeps the good matchmaking settings when they fix the Wiimote again,

I really don't want to loose good connections after finally having them again after the patch.

PvtBeetleBailey

Hmmm, been playing HCTDM for about an hour and I haven't had any wii mote issues.

like2nap03

Anyone confirm what is wrong exactly?

Convict7

What, we got a new patch?

I've not played this game for about a week, well yesterday I did try but the lag was too much to handle, I took PDW just to get some points and even that didn't do the trick

So from lurking few other threads this once again...

Wiimote: Treyarch... wat r u doing, threyarch STAAAAPH!!!

I got stuck to that joke, now it's apparently "not even once"... also might suit on the theme.

like2nap03

I think we've been trolled.  Seems to work fine to me.  I keep forgetting to check how many bars I have though.  Oh well back to the game.

Convict7

I don't see anything different, not sure about th numbers though, they may have changed.

As for the connection, I went 31-11, everyone still had 3-2 bars, just two guys with 4, but I didn't see any lag issues, MTAR beats the **** out of SMG peeps in medium and close, I still did get some deaths where I managed to put 5 shots to my opponent and get just two hitmarkers, then the opponent took me down with few shots.

If this is true i'm just about ready to sell this piece of sh1t of a game. Its one crap thing after another crap thing. WHAT THE FVCK ARE YOU DOING??

fissuresofrequent

Maybe 3arch is trying to make people branch out and stop playing #@%@$%& TDM. Doesn't TDM get old? D:

Padiego

its a twitching in tdm. everytime you finish running, your gun centers and then starts to have a spasm.This is cod,  fast paced game where a millisecond makes a huge difference. That time that im trying to get the cursor back to where it was, that time i could easily be sprayed down. Im not even gonna mention how laggy ads still is. i might have four bars every game, but its no fun since the controls are broken and smgs rule. yesterday i decided to screw it and took out a pdw  . Even with the broken controls, i managed to keep a 3.0kd with it. wow. not op, right? totally fair. i'm all but done with this game. At first i thought it was just me, because i hadnt played much in the past few days, but that doesn't explain how i went 45-1 two or so days ago. Did i mention only one person in the enemy team was using smgs that match?

Hardcoded

It takes an identical period of time for the weapon to re-center after sprinting regardless of whether you're using the Wii Remote or GamePad.  Try switching over to DA and time it yourself.

The "spasm" you're describe is part of the transition from the sprint animation back to the aiming animation.

The_Tickler

The wiimote cursor jitters. What you're describing isn't what people are complaining about. If you anchored the wiimote by placing it on a table and pointed it at the senser, you will notice the cursor do little micro teleportations. It's easier to notice when ADSing because the entire gun jitters. Before the most recent hotfix this would only happen when host. Now it's all the time.

Chicago563

If you guys get frustrated with Blops 2, you should go back on MW3 or Black Ops. There's still a good population playing those games, and code-users aren't around as much. Not trolling btw.

Chicago563 wrote:

If you guys get frustrated with Blops 2, you should go back on MW3 or Black Ops. There's still a good population playing those games, and code-users aren't around as much. Not trolling btw.

This is true. And you'll notice straight away the difference between the controllers, as in what works perfectly and smooth and what doesn't. Come on treyarch, sort this BS out. Just make the wiimotes work like they do in blops1 and MW3 and i'll be happy.

like2nap03

Seems fine.  Well.  Seems tolerable.  It's no more broken than it already was I guess is a good way to put it.

The_Tickler

Confirmed.

I'm getting the teleporting cursor again, and not even while being host.

This game is so garbage.

Ai_Ajax

I haven't had any issues with this.  I play on lower sensitivities though, maybe that has something to do with it?

like2nap03

It does but it's still not right.  Even at low sensitivity it still has a very noticeable deadzone inside the deadzone.  It doesn't respond until you move the cursor a certain amount.  You would think turning up the sensitivity would fix that but it just makes things worse and the cursor jumps all around.  The system is capable of having pixel to pixel precision when moving the wii mote and that's what COD (more than any other game) needs.  I hope they get it right soon. 

But you combine that unresponsiveness with the fact that aim assist does nothing for this controller and you will lose a lot of gunfights.  You don't have time, due to the lag in this game, to make the correction. 

I might try to make a video about this showing how the cursor is still quite unresponsive.

nintendon't

Repeating for the sake of repeating:

Treyarch devs if you're reading this, when you fix the Wiimote, KEEP THE MATCHMAKING SETTINGS THE SAME AS THEY ARE NOW.

I really don't want to lose 4 bars/the "Best" search option again.....

like2nap03

nintendon\'t wrote:

Repeating for the sake of repeating:

Treyarch devs if you're reading this, when you fix the Wiimote, KEEP THE MATCHMAKING SETTINGS THE SAME AS THEY ARE NOW.

I really don't want to lose 4 bars/the "Best" search option again.....

What he said.

like2nap03

like2nap03 wrote:

It does but it's still not right.  Even at low sensitivity it still has a very noticeable deadzone inside the deadzone.  It doesn't respond until you move the cursor a certain amount.  You would think turning up the sensitivity would fix that but it just makes things worse and the cursor jumps all around.  The system is capable of having pixel to pixel precision when moving the wii mote and that's what COD (more than any other game) needs.  I hope they get it right soon. 

But you combine that unresponsiveness with the fact that aim assist does nothing for this controller and you will lose a lot of gunfights.  You don't have time, due to the lag in this game, to make the correction. 

I might try to make a video about this showing how the cursor is still quite unresponsive.

Well I was wrong.  I just spent 3 hours tweaking this stuff and comparing it to MW3.  Found some intersting stuff.  You CAN achieve pixel to pixel accuracy.  The problem is with the sensitivity that high you can't control it. Hence the jumpy cursor.   I'll make a thread about this tomorrow with more detail.  I'm too dang tired now.  Oh and by the way, if you have your Wii sensor bar on top of your Wii U sensor bar (or vice versa)  they don't screw each other up.  You can switch between this game and MW3 on the Wii no problem.  When comparing the two I just changed the input on my TV between the two systems.  Worked like a charm.

Its interesting to read this, as I played for 3hrs last night, and it was fine early on for me, but at some stage I upped my sensitivity from around 22-25, and 18-22, for the horizontal and vertical things, and upped my turn speeds a touch, cursor from 20-23 I think, and 8-13, and the gun was a little jittery as I ran. Im not sure it was the xact same time that it happened though as it was late and I was on a US host most probably at 3am here.

EliteKing

you guys should be more clear as to what exactly is going on, such as maps, modes, guns and what you are doing at the time.

after the last patch to fix the wiimotes, i havent really had any issuse apart from the connection being sketchy here and there but nothing with the controls for the wiimote.

only weird thing is in the final kill cam, the person using the wiimote's gun will go all crazy during the slo mo of the final kill.

AlienTard

It spasm very often when ADS. It was working so much better and now is broken again. Hopefully they don't take a month to fix it back again.