37 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2013 1:19 PM by Ch1chaa RSS

Lets get the point of making a sniper okay ?

SyF1418

So I just finished playing a HC KC match with the XPR and I don't know how to QS I admit it and I'm totally fine with people doing it but don't you hate on me when I camp !

Sniper rifles were originally made to snipe from long distance - protecting your teammate okay ?

So when you see a guy sniping from a house or some area don't be complain about how he's a noob and a camper cause honey that noob just busted your a$$ down :)

When I finished playing I had like 7-9 hate messages saying that I'm a noob and I don't know how to play .. If I QS their a$$es they would complain about how stupid QS is !!

So what am I supposed to do with the damn sniper rifle ? How about just removing it from the game does that work for you ?

For every player that is angry because some guy with a sniper sniped him out from a camp just REMEMBER WHY THE SNIPER WERE MADE !

• Re: Lets get the point of making a sniper okay ?
    thetizzleguy

I would much rather get killed by some "camping" sniper (<----- thats how a sniper works)

than get killed by a sniper using a glitch to "QS" me, the phrase should be changed to "GLITCHSCOPING" because it is an actual glitch IW and 3arc left in the game

that is my opinion, rage/trolls welcome.

Film_Not_Rated

I prefer snipers to get taken out of MP but that'll never happen. -_-.

myevo8you

Probably because you were playing KILL CONFIRMED and not collecting tags. This is why you got the messages of not knowing how to play. If you go 25-5 and have 3-4 confirms, YOU DO NOT BELONG IN KILL CONFIRMED. Camping to any point in kill confirmed is really kind of pointless, unless you have a flock of sheep on the other team that funnel to the same spot every time.

My guess as to what happened is that you got into a far away area, set up camp, and started sniping far away from the action. You left tags laying around and the enemy would deny them and build their killstreaks while your teammates suffered.

Don't get me wrong, I am all about holding an area down on certain modes, but KC is NOT one of them.

SitRepPro

Or run Overkill or run a pistol with a sniper rifle.  I could see myself using a sniper rifle in KC but I will get the tags.  Had an enemy player camping in the room in Slums with a shield and a KSG not picking up my tag which kinda annoyed me.

RexxCastle

So your saying its not ok to let the teammates your protecting get the tags?  If 3Arch didnt want this to work they would not give points for teamate grabs.  What hes doing helps just as much as anything if not more. Get over yourself kid

myevo8you

NO what he is doing is abusing a gamemode where 99% of the players are focused on what they are supposed to be doing and he's laying back like a beach towel padding his precious K/D. Our group ran into a "clan" the other day that TRIED this approach on HCKC on Standoff with 2 people on their team sniping, 2 staying close to the snipers, and 2 running. Their snipers had about 20 kills each with under 5 confirms. The final score wound up being 100-46 our team winning. I went 47-16 with 31 confirms, while the people on the other team were absolutely LIVID that they lost they were bragging about how those 2 guys went 20 something and 3. The next round we get Slums, OH BOY we wound up winning that one 100-25. They tried the exact same approach, and in the lobby afterwards they told US to get better and promptly left.

GreggM

I didn't originally feel like there was a place for snipers in KC, but recently after experiencing that the parties with 1 maybe 2 snipers were winning I thought about it and broke it down after I tried.  I went 38-7 sniping on kill confirmed, confirmed 12 and denied 6, so I was still postive because they could have only picked up 1 tag from me.  I am pretty sure my teammates confirmed some of my other kills as well so I see myself as a plus for my team.  As for saying people are denying and building their scorestreaks being a sniper I am also ending a lot of streaks in progress by the guys running to grab that one red tag in the open.  That being said if you have a team with 4 snipers in the same corner(Carrier), probably not going to win.  Sometimes you just need the cover fire and if I get in with a team where someone else is sniping I just switch my class up and go collect.

SitRepPro

How many confirms did you have?

"REMEMBER WHY THE SNIPER WERE MADE ! "

Remeber why the game mode KC was made!!

GreggM

I'd also like to say I have played plenty of games where I have gone 15 and 20 but confirmed 25 and denied 10 being the collector. I just want to clarify that I am not a killwhore, but play to win. (My K/D is something like 1.2 and W/L is 1.25)

simonm

maybe your team was just pissed at you for sniping on kill confirmed .. if you aint gonna confirm your kills then your really just hindering your teams chances of winning then arent you ?

edit : i suppose i should have read the replys before posting my comments ..basically said what everyone said

offthewall2

I hate how people think quickscoping is easy in this game, have you played MW3...it's at least 2x faster. When I first got this game I tried quickscoping, the SMGs kill faster than you can ADS even if you see the enemy first. Treyarch did a good job balancing the guns IMO, considering a OHK weapon is not as OP as it was in MW3.

To stay on topic, I always carry a sniper rifle but never get any hate mail. Want to know why? If I see my teammate jumping on the B flag, even though I know we're out numbered I still help him. If you play to win everytime, then you will always be a valued member of your team. If you give the enemies a chance to cheap shot you without needing a sniper rifle, then they won't complain as much either. The game is a lot more fun for everybody when you help your teammates and play the objective.

Snipe how you want to snipe. But if your gonna do it "the old fashion way" and camp in a corner do it in TDM, do it in Dom while DEFENDING B flag, or do it in Dem while DEFENDING a Bomb... not in HC KC a game that was created to cause chaos and make players constantly move

Sniping in KC is a pretty viable tactic. The teammates should be smart enough to grab ALL tags not just their own. There is no problem if a sniper is sitting back supporting the main running team in my opinion.

PerEverto13

Me and my friends often run 2 snipers in HCKC. Calling out where kills took place so our rushers can grab. Are snipers hardly ever get massive scorestreaks, where are rushers generally get plenty. This is called teamwork and is a great tactic for winning HCKC. The people who say this isnt how it should be played have just never seen it done right. Trust me with a good team of 2 anipers and 4 SMG or AR rushers it works very well.

To the OP dont worry abou hate messages. I consider them fan mail in most instances, because it means you honestly got thebest of them lol

QUIT CAMPING N00B. GOSH, YOU SUCK.

kidding. play however you want. who cares?

JSlayer211

Great tactic imo, I would love someone sniping on my team leaving tons of tags for me to rake in and build easy streaks. While this person may have a low amount of confirms, his teammates should have a high amount and that balances it out imo. I don't care who does the killing or collecting as long as it gets done and we end with the W what else matters?

MoonUnit

I wish they'd remove sniper rifles from the game and instead add in a sniper team as a killstreak/scorestreak. It could be an optional controllable thing like a sentry gun/AGR.

A sniper and a spotter deploy somewhere outside the map (randomly selected predetermined locations so it isn't always in the same spot) and begin targetting enemies. You could control the sniper if you wanted, the spotter would highlight/mark targets for you. The spotter could even highlight/mark those targets even if you weren't controlling the sniper, but that might be a bit OP.

Being outside the map, they would be immune to enemy fire. Although they have no true counter, they could be avoided by enemies using line of sight and/or Cold Blooded. Even if it didn't get kills for you, it would help hold the enemy in certain positions.

Might be hard to figure out good positions on each map and if there are indoor areas that would be tough, too.

So you think they should just completely ruin the game the game for me? i have been playing this game/franchise since the beginning and becasue you dont like something/get killed by it then it should just be gone??? seems fair....

As for the sniper team. that would be an interesting additional scorestreak but not a replacement for all sniping.

Ch1chaa

Sniping is for cowards. And you can not compare real life sniping to sniping in a game. Get involved, actually try to contribute to the team. I have yet to see a sniper doing anything good for the team. Especially Kill Confirmed, what do you do when you kill someone? Definitely not going for the tag, just sitting out the next kill. Just go back to core.

No problem with camping snipers they die too.

QS is what it is. Previous community managers have tried to remove or lessen it.

http://www.made2game.com/articles/News/Unknown/13521/quick-scoping-banned-in-cal l-of-duty-black-ops

Easy fix would be to simply remove auto aim on sniper rifles. I think there is enough people that have a limited skill set with other weapons so they leave it in for them. It's annoying but beatable.