17 Replies Latest reply: Jan 10, 2013 12:56 PM by TRAILBLAZ3RSS RSS

Last day or so...

wash0ut

Did something Chang in the last 24 hours? I did not see any updates but it feels like I am playing a completely different game. Already noticeable lag issues have gotten significantly worse. I am an ok player. 1.6+- k/d and usually in the top 3 in points in every game   But over the last 24 hours I feel like I am 3 steps behind. I sometimes don't even hear the shots that kill me. And not shots from far away with silencers. I mean point black shotgun shots..no sound just death. Constant magic bullets killing me as I run behind cover. 

Also, spawning seems different. I feel like I can not flank the enemy. Someone is always right behind me coming from an area that I just ran through and thought was clear.

Maybe just a bad 24 hours for me but something feels significantly different in the game. Anyone else feeling this?

• Re: Last day or so...
    jwaller123

I had a couple scratchy games this morning but it turned around after a match or two and I wound up doing pretty well. Probably just getting the first couple game jitters out is all I can think of. Ran fairly smooth overall.

superbob

They do hotfixes quite often. Not everything requires a title update to patch/change.

wash0ut

Was one of these done recently?  I am not a complainer. I enjoy these games, glitches, hackers, lag and all. Get frustrated like everyone else but never felt game was so far off that i would even think to post here to see if something was wrong. But found the game to be almost unplayable recently.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

Something definitely changed. I'm also lagging today and I feel like they tweaked matchmaking once again. They made the SBMM stronger.

The game was playing better before the most recent update.

Host selection has changed judging by my experience.

Film_Not_Rated

I've been having connection troubles the past 4 days after it was really great for me, though today it seemed to have gotten better or I just started playing good again.

There was one match though that was terrible, everyone but two players had 4bars but the match ran on a 2bar for me and my friends with 4bars, and the dude with the 3bar I think finished the match with a 3+KD (We still won.) I would see him first in my screen and shoot at him. NO hitmarkers till the last few in my clip and then I would run behind cover and die literally two seconds later. Not to mention he was dropping me in 3-4 bullets with a surpressor AND I was behind heavy cover (I was on Hijacked in one of those little mini houses, and he shot through the two walls and killed me, killcam showed about 3-5 bullets hit me.) If I take a non silenced AR and try that same thing, I would not kill anyone.

But besides that the day went up and down, better though for sure to me.

I'd say it's been about 3-4 days where it has gotten unbelievably bad. I play HC 80% of the time, and so bullets usually kill within say 2-5 shots right? Nope, I'm dumping damn near a full clip (extended mag) into someone and they're turning on me and popping me in 2-4 bullets. I've had final kill cams where I'm unloading an entire clip into someone, and getting white tags, and on the last bullet they die.

They may be tweaking it to see, but being in the know would be pretty cool. Needless to say, I've been camping my ass off with a sniper rifle or playing Core, because I seem to get kills easier there, than in HC due to the obscene hitmarker / lag B.S.

starbuckfrack

wash0ut wrote:

Did something Chang in the last 24 hours? I did not see any updates but it feels like I am playing a completely different game. Already noticeable lag issues have gotten significantly worse. I am an ok player. 1.6+- k/d and usually in the top 3 in points in every game   But over the last 24 hours I feel like I am 3 steps behind. I sometimes don't even hear the shots that kill me. And not shots from far away with silencers. I mean point black shotgun shots..no sound just death. Constant magic bullets killing me as I run behind cover. 

Also, spawning seems different. I feel like I can not flank the enemy. Someone is always right behind me coming from an area that I just ran through and thought was clear.

Maybe just a bad 24 hours for me but something feels significantly different in the game. Anyone else feeling this?

Spawning seems fine but I never noticed it much.

But you are right . around 2 days ago SOMETHING has changed. It seems like for the worst for the time being.

But I usually judge by an entire week instead of just one or two days. Even bad weather can change some things in the game.

yup there is FINALY A HOTFIX. my game was ruined for 2 days but today its perfect.

check the code on the main menu on the right top. whenever it changes they did a hotfix and so ur gameplay changes. thats how it works on black ops 2 i found out

The game is playing worse for me now. I hoping it works it's self out.

shadow7056

i assumed it was because i decided to open up my NAT.

cdogmx

Past couple of days have been off for me. I still get a good lag free game once in a while but much less as of late.

codchamp

I did not play until the last 2 days or so. But i have to say it has been playing suprisingly well for me. Hope it stays that way....

TRAILBLAZ3RSS

I was doing fine two days ago on "TU19"  (.19 at the end of the code).  Playing KC getting more kills than deaths, typically.  Even some good games of 2.0-4.0 KD.  (And collecting tags, of course.)

I believe it changed to TU20 when I logged on yesterday evening, at which point there was nothing I could do to get a positive KD.  It was horrendous.  I think I left 15 straight matches after being insta-killed for the first kill.  Would watch my killcams and it would show my bullets flying way to the side of the enemy even though my red dot was dead on target, and then I'd be dead without so much as a bullet sound.  Then patch 21 dropped and I can now at least approach my ~1.0 KD in a game.

At one point I just said "F*** it!" and started running around hip-firing a Skorpion and not trying to defend myself in any way.  It was somewhat silly when I beat half the lobby (in XP, SPM) going 14-34 one game, and 16-18 the next.  Having never practiced hip-firing, it does seem like you could get good at it pretty quickly.  Maybe if I turned down my movement from 8 to 4 or 5 it would be even easier.  Might become a go-to tactic in the future.  Or maybe start trying quickscoping.. there's an idea..