32 Replies Latest reply: Jan 12, 2013 9:12 PM by mase88mase RSS

Best set up and way to get KSG 1 HIT KILLS?

I'm thinking Red Dot Sight and HC TDM until I can get the RDS+Quickdraw attachments on?

 

Any practical advice on getting this short range quickscoper's 1HKs done would be appreciated, thanks.

  • Re: Best set up and way to get KSG 1 HIT KILLS?

    Well if you get used to the iron sights, long barrel is the way to go with about any shotgun, especially the KSG. You can shoot a good mile away with that thing xD

    • Re: Best set up and way to get KSG 1 HIT KILLS?

      Kensi wrote:

       

      Well if you get used to the iron sights, long barrel is the way to go with about any shotgun, especially the KSG. You can shoot a good mile away with that thing xD

      Thanks for the reply.

       

      I don't like the irons tbh, because it is a 1 slug gun precision is a must and nothing says precision like a RDS you know?

       

      I thought the KSG has enough punch to carry a silencer and still get the 1HK. What do you reckon?

  • Re: Best set up and way to get KSG 1 HIT KILLS?

    I tried this after usig remmington for a while and really sucked with it. Maybe red dot site is the way to go however, maybe i was just having a bad game as i did only use it briefly.

     

    I am going to set up with this this weapon once i unlock it again and will probably go for RDS and laser or silencer and RDS (or mix these two combos up and throw in long barrel somewhere within)

  • Re: Best set up and way to get KSG 1 HIT KILLS?
    Noob_Lyncher

    I use long barrel and red dot. Works great.

  • Re: Best set up and way to get KSG 1 HIT KILLS?
    ChronoZombie

    I mostly used long barrel and red dot sight with the diamond reticule.  I don't know why, diamond just seemed apprpriate.  Once unlocked, I switched to the MMS.

     

    With long barrel I use it almost like a quickscoper, but it really isn't necessary.  The range with silencer is definitely enough.

     

    MMS sight is a lower level of zoom than the Red Dot, but considering the limited range of the KSG I think that makes them a perfect pairing, and the KSG can still get one hit kills through walls.  I think the KSG is the best gun for MMS.

  • Re: Best set up and way to get KSG 1 HIT KILLS?
    r33k

    dont go to hardcore. play in core. its a OSK, you are at a disadvantage if you play in HC.  why play HC OSK on everyone when you can have OSK's for the most part in core and still be able to take damage?

     

    here is how i golded mine:

     

    domination

    red dot

    long barrel

     

    perk 1 greed

    ghost

    lightweight

    toughness

    dexterity

     

    i even got a ruthless with it on yemen. beast

    • Re: Best set up and way to get KSG 1 HIT KILLS?

      r33k wrote:

       

      dont go to hardcore. play in core. its a OSK, you are at a disadvantage if you play in HC.  why play HC OSK on everyone when you can have OSK's for the most part in core and still be able to take damage?

       

      here is how i golded mine:

       

      domination

      red dot

      long barrel

       

      perk 1 greed

      ghost

      lightweight

      toughness

      dexterity

       

      i even got a ruthless with it on yemen. beast

      I'm going to switch to core and try this. Thanks

  • Re: Best set up and way to get KSG 1 HIT KILLS?
    xmrythem

    hardcore

  • Re: Best set up and way to get KSG 1 HIT KILLS?
    brsox

    long barrel and laser sight seem to work the best for me.

  • Re: Best set up and way to get KSG 1 HIT KILLS?

    I personally use the KSG with long barrel and quickdrawgrip. Just for every ones information, if you change your stance, as in going from prone to standing or chrouched to standing(Even if you chrouch then run) ANY STANCE CHANGE AT ALL EVEN IN MID AIR, YOU WILL LOSE ALL Percision for around 2 secounds of aiming with the KSG. So If you change stance then instantly shoot you will miss your 1st or even 2nd shot.

    • Re: Best set up and way to get KSG 1 HIT KILLS?

      47802 wrote:

       

      I personally use the KSG with long barrel and quickdrawgrip. Just for every ones information, if you change your stance, as in going from prone to standing or chrouched to standing(Even if you chrouch then run) ANY STANCE CHANGE AT ALL EVEN IN MID AIR, YOU WILL LOSE ALL Percision for around 2 secounds of aiming with the KSG. So If you change stance then instantly shoot you will miss your 1st or even 2nd shot.

      Interesting you say that, I have noticed some pretty odd sh!t like this happening over the past 250 1HK camo challenges.

  • Re: Best set up and way to get KSG 1 HIT KILLS?
    NoLifeKing29

    I've had a hard time with this gun in HC, going horribly negative at times. The lag hurts it and it seems like I lose every head to head battle. I think I will indeed try out core to see if I fare better.

    • Re: Best set up and way to get KSG 1 HIT KILLS?

      NoLifeKing29 wrote:

       

      I've had a hard time with this gun in HC, going horribly negative at times. The lag hurts it and it seems like I lose every head to head battle. I think I will indeed try out core to see if I fare better.

      You will definitely fare better with it in Core. I tend to exploit the Hardcore list for the weaker gun's 1 shot kill challenges. The KSG will 1SK someone in Core pretty much every time you are on target and within range, so I would call it a stronger gun.

       

      I have done my 1SK challenge now and here is the set up I would recomend,

       

      KSG with RDS and Quickdraw Handle,

       

      Perk1, Flak Jacket

      Perk2, Toughness and Scavenger

      Perk3, Dexterity

       

      2x Shocksticks

       

      or

       

      1x Shockstick and a Smaw or Stinger

       

      This class set up worked pretty sweet for the KSG.

  • Re: Best set up and way to get KSG 1 HIT KILLS?

    pump action shotties i go long barrel quickdraw seems to work best for me

  • Re: Best set up and way to get KSG 1 HIT KILLS?
    thetizzleguy

    Has this shotgun been buffed for range? i keep getting 1 shotted from miles away not complaining because its my next set of guns to dimond

    Many thanks for making this thread window as it saves me the time HAAA

    • Re: Best set up and way to get KSG 1 HIT KILLS?

      thetizzleguy wrote:

       

      Has this shotgun been buffed for range? i keep getting 1 shotted from miles away not complaining because its my next set of guns to dimond

      Many thanks for making this thread window as it saves me the time HAAA

      The KSG shoots 1 solid slug so the range on it is very good in comparison to other shotties. Put long barrel on it and the range gets even greater.

       

      *WIDOW

       

      lol

  • Re: Best set up and way to get KSG 1 HIT KILLS?

    When I was getting gold shotguns, I would mostly work on getting to the areas where snipers were hiding and clearing them out while killing people along the way.

     

    The KSG took a little longer than 870, but I believe you can do it in one night.

  • Re: Best set up and way to get KSG 1 HIT KILLS?

    The KSG has a a range of 31 in game meters, and at the farthest range of 31 meters it does 80 damage to the body, but you can get a one shot head shot at this range. At the shortest range the Ksg does 240 damage per slug, So its rare to not kill some one up close with one slug. I dont quite know at what point the the damage drops below 100 or 1hit kill, (if you dont understand the health system in CoD) But from personal use i think its some were around 20 to 24 meters. But at 31 meters you can two shot people

     

    ALL STATS BASED ON WEAPON WITHOUT ATTACHMENTS. I AM UNAWARE OF WHAT THE STATS ARE WITH A LONG BARREL

  • Re: Best set up and way to get KSG 1 HIT KILLS?
    GWK Electro

    The KSG is powerful enough, to powerful if you ask me
    its personal prefrence, fast mag & long barrel would be the best for running and gunning.

  • Re: Best set up and way to get KSG 1 HIT KILLS?
    TWINDEATHSTAR

    why the hell would u play hardcore with the ksg when its a 1 shot kill in core.

     

    u just make it harder on urself because in hardcore people kill u just as fast with almost any gun.

     

    u have bad logic

    • Re: Best set up and way to get KSG 1 HIT KILLS?

      TWINDEATHSTAR wrote:

       

      why the hell would u play hardcore with the ksg when its a 1 shot kill in core.

       

      u just make it harder on urself because in hardcore people kill u just as fast with almost any gun.

       

      u have bad logic

      Did you bother to read through the thread before insulting me?

    • Re: Best set up and way to get KSG 1 HIT KILLS?
      creaper21

      Past 20 feet, the KSG is a two shot kill in core unless it's a headshot. Yes, hardcore worked 10x better for me(when I finally decided to switch over for a while).

      Core is still fine as it does have a significant range, but still, there will be a ton of times where it takes 2 shots. I had almost 400 kills with the KSG before I got my 250 One Hit Kills. That's about a third of my kills that were not one hit kills.

  • Re: Best set up and way to get KSG 1 HIT KILLS?
    CowboySr

    The KSG is the worst shotgun due to the lag in this game. Dont even bother using it without a 4 bar connection, theres really nothing you need to put on it though.

  • Re: Best set up and way to get KSG 1 HIT KILLS?

    OK well I finally got the Gold Camo Challenges all done and I would like to share with you what I found to be the best class set up for the KSG in my opinion.

     

    KSG with Red Dot Sight + Stock + Quickdraw Handle (Primary Gunfighter Wildcard)

     

    No secondry,

     

    Ghost and Flak Jacket (Perk1 Greed)

    Cold Blooded

    Dead Silence

     

    This is a rushing class and I managed to get 7 or 8 Bloodthirsty medals with it in a couple of hours. I was playing Campy with Shock Charges for the first couple but the gun doesn't really suit a Campy play style as much as the first 2 shotties.

     

    I strongly recommend you trying this class out if you are struggling with the KSG, because it works beautifully.

     

    Thanks for everyone's input and help

  • Re: Best set up and way to get KSG 1 HIT KILLS?
    NeoXCross

    I'd go with this setup

     

    MMS + Adjustable Stock + Long Barrel (Core) or Silencer (Hardcore)

     

    Flak Jacket (Objective-based) or Ghost (FFA-TDM-KC) or Blind Eye (Hardcore)

    Hardened (Core) or Cold-Blooded (Hardcore)

    Tactical Mask or Dead Silence (works for Core and Hardcore)

     

    The rest is up to you, but here I'm just focusing on the weapon =)

  • Re: Best set up and way to get KSG 1 HIT KILLS?
    mase88mase

    The best way to get one hit kills with that gun is triple attachments. Long barrel, quickdraw, and lazer sight is the best way to go.