1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 10, 2013 5:48 AM by Izjar11 RSS

Bad Game? Clan vs. Random? W/L >2 without camping? Possible!

TMBI

So many players are still complaining about their stats; asking for help how to improve, complaining about

scorestreaks and so on...

I was one of those....until I discovered some essential knowledge ;o)

When I started playing BO2, it was Nov. 10th! On November 12 I was about to resell it again! Because of lag, system-freeze - and my utterly bad K/D!

I hated the maps because they seemed to be made for campers and cowards only. Tight, winding, many windows, dark places - 100,000,000 hideouts....

CRAP! I really thought "This game is CRAP from the beginning to the end!

Then Lagg-Compensation and LAGG at all were the main issue to talk about. I checked my connection a hundred times (using cable!), measured my PING - and finally changed my Router! Nothing worked!

But: Instead of selling BO2 again - or throwing the disc through the window (what I nearly did one time!), something kept me playing it!

It could have been the graphics, the game-speed, the class-generator or the emblem-editor....or some of my friends, whom also thought more than one time: "I´ll sell that Crap again!"...maybe it´s been a piece of everything...

...and some more: BO2 is supporting more Teamplay - and playing the objective (I am used to play DOM most of the time!)!

It´s class-generator is preventing utterly overpowered classes like in MW3 - if you want to be totally "hidden" you need to leave some essentials in their drawers! Nice!!

While you were utterly obsessed about your K/D in MW3 to get some kill-streaks, BO2 gives you substitudes: Score-Streaks!

You don´t need to be a Rusher or Camper to get some score-streaks - just playing the objective might be the key to get some!

But: "The weapons don´t kill anyone!"

I´ve thought that myself at the beginning too - and I´ve heared it from many friends since then! Is it the truth?

Let´s go back to MW3:

I was used to play and spray with the good ol´ M4A1 with which I was able to kill the whole enemy-team in close-combat even without changing of mag!

Where is that kind of delightful gun in BO2? Is it the truth, that the M4A1 (or even the ACR) were that kind of trench-sweepers?

When I played some matches MW3 the last days, I discovered: They aren´t!

I was not used to play MW3 any more - it felt like walking through a pont of jelly, utterly slow! Wondering how I could have succeeded in MW3 so much, I kept on playing - the M4A1 was hardly able to kill anyone! Was it the M4A1 - or was it ME?!

I guess it was me! I could not adapt with MW3 anymore (ok, it´s mostly Noobs inside MW3 now so my K/D was still higher than in the past...), the LAGG! was even more crap than in BO2 - I mean the Lag-Compensation was crappy!

Having 4 bars out of 4 playing against people with 2 bars gives you proof you´ll die instantly and the otherone will just run away laughing!

Weapons in BO2:

It took time and tears to find out "my" weapons and perk-combos - my classes!

I really tried everything that might fit with my playing style (I hate sniping or using shotgun!) - and I am used to run´n gun!

While in MW3 it was an AR (the M4A1 or AK-47 or G36), in BO2 I went back on SMG (like I did in BO1 most of the time!)!

For "open Range maps" like "Carrier" or even "Yemen" I found the FAL OSW AR fitting my needs best!

So finally it´s not too many differences in my settings than in BO1, where I used the AK-74u and the FN-FAL (single-shot!)!

A pistol as secondary-weapon also made it´s way back in my settings!

Finally my classes are quite similar to BO1 at all - using lightweight, fast-hands and dexterity, a granade and either flashbang or smoke-granades...

My K/D is increasing and went up from 0.73 to 1.23, my W/L is 66% overall (or 2.53 in DOM)...it also does not matter if I am playing with my Clan-Mates or only with randoms - I am used to be placed in the Top-3 every single match!

Clan vs. Random

Sure, BO2 supports Teamplay more than Ego-Wars - even more in objective games like DOM - but:

If you keep playing the objective you´ll succeed even with an random team (if it´s not completely made by noobs!)!

How it works:

You join a lobby with random players (or with some unknown Clan-Fragments!) and you "read" what they do! Just watch them how they play, where they go - and follow them! If you discover that they deny to play the objective, they probably try to be close to the objectives to get their kills!

You just need to use them as your personal support-team! They will defend you at the objective automatically!

If you see them playing the objective, just join them. If you see them playing like noobs - beeing unable to succeed at the objective, "flank your "own" teammates"!! Go asymetrically! The opponents will go and try to kill the crowd - so you might be able to use the space for your own success!

Ok, it´s not always working - but it´s a chance!

Finally: Playing the objective is the only way! to get a W/L higher than 50%!

My 2ct. Any suggestions, additions? Post your own point of view!

• Re: Bad Game? Clan vs. Random? W/L >2 without camping? Possible!
    Izjar11

So many players are still complaining about their stats; asking for help how to improve, complaining about

scorestreaks and so on...

complaining is about the only OP thing I feel this game has on its side. Everyone will complain, some are moronic few make sense.

You don´t need to be a Rusher or Camper to get some score-streaks - just playing the objective might be the key to get some!

The first problem is stop boxing your self in as a camper or rusher, do not think yourself either, I do not care in reality know one cares how you play. Objective based modes are meant to play the darn objective which is a huge plus in this game.

How it works:

You join a lobby with random players (or with some unknown Clan-Fragments!) and you "read" what they do! Just watch them how they play, where they go - and follow them! If you discover that they deny to play the objective, they probably try to be close to the objectives to get their kills!

You just need to use them as your personal support-team! They will defend you at the objective automatically!

If you see them playing the objective, just join them. If you see them playing like noobs - beeing unable to succeed at the objective, "flank your "own" teammates"!! Go asymetrically! The opponents will go and try to kill the crowd - so you might be able to use the space for your own success!

This is a good idea,

I like it never really thought of using others like this. It might work (ill try it). In the last three weeks i've done a 180 from TDM to KC/DOM playing. I play the objective, I try to get that tag (intelligently) try to cap that flag (intelligently) and have done relatively well and I am learning more.

Objective based games such as these two are allot of fun, and are very entertaining to play.