22 Replies Latest reply: Jan 11, 2013 7:02 AM by gambit1969 RSS

Is the Skorpian OP?

Hey guys I just started using this gun and wow it is so easy to get kills with this gun. I read about the MP7, PDW, and MSMC being OP by some people but haven't heard much about the Skorpian. It has the fastest fire rate and highest damage I think for smgs. I used it for like 5 games now and it was really easy to get the high score streaks with it.

• Re: Is the Skorpian OP?
    r8edtripx

noob2 wrote:

Hey guys I just started using this gun and wow it is so easy to get kills with this gun. I read about the MP7, PDW, and MSMC being OP by some people but haven't heard much about the Skorpian. It has the fastest fire rate and highest damage I think for smgs. I used it for like 5 games now and it was really easy to get the high score streaks with it.

I do much better with the MP7, PDW and MSMC. The recoil on the Scorpion Evo makes it a tougher gun to use and the clip is gone so quickly because of that rate of fire. If you're having success with this gun, then cool, but I don't think it's OP.

No it isnt OPed, it is the SMG with the most recoil and the 2nd smallest clip.

deadimpact

The rate of fire is really high, but it has low damage, short range, high recoil, and no headshot multiplier. It can be a monster SMG, but I don't think it's OP.

Is not the highest damage as far as I know the MSMC takes that trophy. But yeah its a really good weapon but as others have said already the clip goes bye bye really fast and the recoil when not burst firing is a bit unpredictable. Other than that Really good gun but still prefer my MSMC and PDW.

Ok cool, I think I will used my next unlock token for this gun. I'm one of those guys who won't use a gun if the majority think it is OP. So yeah the choice of weapons I can use is pretty small, haha. I'm pretty much an AR user, I stop using the Fal, Scar and SMR because people were crying too much. Have never used the target finder, shock charges and bouncing betty. I use the emp granades to counter those and people tell me to stop spamming the emp grandes. Hopefully no one will say the axe is OP since it is a one hit kill, lol.

Who cares what people think man... use what you want... and play how you want. Its a game and its suposse to give you fun without that is the use of exploits. So play with them all whichever feels the best that is your go to gun and point closed.

CallOfDutyFan88

no gun is op, some guns are just underpowered. the skorpion used to be my fav but im taking a great liking to the pdw with long barrel and fast mags as of late. its not the best gun for close range but it is a pretty versatile smg.

ghamorra

Even with Rapid Fire I have no problems with it's recoil. Some say that it's damage is too low, I've even heard people ask for it's damage/range to be buffed. It's RF is so high that easily makes up for it. Fired from the hip at close range is no different than spamming a shotty

I wouldn't say it's OP but don't brag about skills if you use it

the skorpion is a handful, its horrible without attachments.

It needs an extended clip (or atleast fast mags)

A foregrip helps too and is almost an essential also!!

laser sight is also nice to have, oyu then have no room for a different sight (which you dont really need) or a stock or quickdraw.

in saying that tho, with the first 2 attachments i mentioned you can beast with it.

you should also have scavenger if you plan on killing more then a few people

CallOfDutyFan88

grip does nothing in this game. evo is best with long barrel/extended mags.

I do best with the Vector. The lack of recoil with decent range and clip size keeps me getting around 2 kills per death on average and running around with it can rack up a lot score per minute

Gerbera

I don't think it's OP really. From my experience, the damage is very low, and while its high rate of fire IS supposed to make up for it, it feels like many of those rounds don't even register, as if it fires so fast that the game can't keep up with them. I've tried it alot with Rapid Fire in Custom Matches to be sure it's not solely lag/lag comp again, and I can spray a person/bot in the upper body, on target, and, before I know it, be out of a clip and they're still alive. I take off Rapid Fire and it seems to work pretty well again.

Yeah I haven't gotten rapid fire yet but I think that would be over kill with this gun since it already has the higest rate of fire. The only reason I thought it might be OP is because I'm an average player and I did really well with it. So I thought if I could go beast mode with it then a really good player could God mode with it.

the one thing i never see mentioned on op guns threads is sensitivity, two people use the same weapon, player 1 uses 5 sensi, player 2 uses 10 sensi, player 2 dies even though he shot first, his sensi is high so adjustments are faster and its easy to over compensate, player 1 makes little adjustment and due to low sensi is able to control it more.

i have yet to think any gun from the last 3 titles as op, some are annoying but not op

If you can control the Skorpion it is awesome, i use fast mag and quickdraw along with scavenger

h1r0l3r

Range and recoil are horrid on this gun. With silencer/grip, you can ADS a little better but, even then, it still has poor range. Plus the RoF on that gun makes you chew through ammo real fast so Scavenger is a must-have perk when using that gun. On HC modes, laser/rapid fire/x mags makes this the best noob hip firing gun available.