22 Replies Latest reply: Jan 13, 2013 2:37 AM by Lagisreal RSS

Disc 2 Error

When I put in my Disc 2, it comes up as Mass Effect 2. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I think they messed up the CDs.

• Re: Disc 2 Error

I am currently having this same issue, and have no idea how to fix it.  Any info on this issue would be appreciated.

Same issue here.

I just put the product key into Steam and downloaded the game there before installing.  It's a longer process, but it doesn't take too long.

It's kind of annoying.  How does something like that happen?  I love Mass Effect 2, but how does ME2 files get on a BLOPS2 disc? 

Same here.  It's a COD BO2 disc face, but it's been mastered with Disc 2 from Mass Effect 2.  So f***ing glad I stood in the freezing cold at midnight to get this on release day.

FAIL

chuba2

Launch steam, look at your main game page and at the bottom click "+ add game", put in the serial number on the box and steam will download and install it. Job Done.

ATVIAssist

Hey guys,

We sincerely apologize for the issue that some of you are having with installing Call of Duty Black Ops II on your PC because of you received a copy of Mass Effect 2 instead of Disk 2 of Call of Duty Black Ops II. Rest assured that are teams are investigating trying to find out what cause this to happen.

We do need some of your help in order to find out what's going on. If purchased Call of Duty Black Ops II and you did receive a copy of Mass Effect 2 with your physical copy of the game, let us know where you purchased the game from. When you purchased the game and if you can provide a city and state to where you purchased the game from. This will help us go a long way to find out what's going on.

We know that you want to play the game as soon as possible and luckily you can. First, you would need to make sure to have a Steam account. If you have not yet made a Steam account, visit http://store.steampowered.com/about/ to download the app and create an account. Once you've created an account, you will nee to use the product key that you were provided in your game case in order to activate the product on Steam. You can find the instructions here https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5414-TFBN-1352

Please follow these instructions to activate a new retail purchase on Steam:

1. Launch Steam and log into your Steam account.
    2. Click the Games Menu.
    3. Choose Activate a Product on Steam...
    4. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.

Once again, we sincerly apologize for the issue but we are investigating it to the fullest extent. If we get any new updates, we'll make sure to post it here and also on our support site at support.activision.com.  We thank you for understanding and if you need further help regarding this issue, feel free to update this thread. ^MM

Nov 13th 2012, GameStop @ Powers Pointe, Colorado Springs, Colorado

I purchased my copy at Gamestop @ Clovis Commons in Clovis, California.  I am wondering if I can just exchange this with Activision for an Xbox copy or if I need to contact Gamestop to do that, I just don't really want to deal with it.  I could only download it to a friends computer as my ISP doesn't allow me to download such large files. 

Once again, despite asking over 4 days there is no official word on what they are going to do about it. The workaround works but thats not the point. I could have saved the effort and just downloaded it from Steam. The issue is we purchased something in good faith and they did not deliver. I wanted BO 2 and I got half of it and half of Mass Effect 2, so I got nothing but a CD key which I did not have to goto EB Games in Toronto to buy it.

Please give us something other than we are looking into it as this is not our issue but yours.

Wal-mart in Rincon GA  zip 31326 got it on 1-12-2013. can you still play the game with out the second disc? After the steam download.

Wal-mart in Rincon GA  zip 31326 got it on 1-12-2013. can you still play the game with out the second disc? After the steam download.

I've bought the physical copy specifically so I wouldn't have to download the game.  This is not a "fail", we were sold a faulty/incomplete product.  What will you guys at Activision do in response to this?

(bought at 86th street gamestop, ny, ny)

I just got off the phone with Activision customer support (after an hour on hold) and was told that they can't do anything for me (ie return, exchange) because they only sell through 3rd parties like Gamestop.  I was told to try and return it to Gamestop if I was unhappy with it, which I can't due to Gamestops return policy on PC games (can't return once opened).  /sigh

DirtyMegabyte

Did you call and ask Gamestops? This is a exceptional case.

yep, they said they nope and that they don't exchange or return pc games, just emailed an area manager through there website, we'll see what he says

Well folks

In the end if they don't do a recall on the disks I believe they will get sued and I would even contribute to the fund to get it started. There EULA does not cover this as I don’t have the game I purchased so I did not agree to the EULA

All I have to say is try and sell a car as a Ford and once someone buys it they realized it was really Ford with a Honda engine and see what happens to you. It is called fraud

Well EA just made me smile...they sent me a free key code for the Mass Effect trilogy after I sent them a picture of me holding my BO2 disk 2 with their software on it.  Which...is considerably more than Activision has done for me.

I'd like to know why Activision can't just own up to their error and send people with the problem a good copy of Disc 2.  It's not like you can spin off another copy of the game with just that disc.

same problem here cod black ops 2 disc 2 is mass effect 2 with a black ops label. where are we to report this?I areadly have all 3 mass effect game great game ,but not what i paid for. downloading from steam now.

same problem here cod black ops 2 disc 2 is mass effect 2 with a black ops label. where are we to report this?I areadly have all 3 mass effect game great game ,but not what i paid for. downloading from steam now.