5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 24, 2013 10:28 AM by frats74 RSS

Few suggestions/features to fix with Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Or MW4

Divine_Corruption

Hello everyone, I came to offer my suggestions to the Infinityward team. Here are some of my ideas, and i'm sure some have been posted befor

Suggestions:

Ambidextrous handling of guns. (Ambidextrous, meaning you can switch which hand your weapon is held in. For example the USP .45 with tactical knife. The default way is right hand=.45 and left hand= Tactical knife. What if we switched this up?)

Male, and Female character/sprite changes. (Meaning invdividual changing of a character from the default Male, to a possible female. I've met alot of females on my many matchs, and I seem it would be fair for them)

Customization of clan tags (Colors to clan tags, a brightish, gold for the ELITE clans, and any other color for default clans, it would be unique)

Customization ot character/sprite (Meaning, change the height, weight, muscle, build, hair, eyes ect. of your character)

Possibly use of EXP to gain wearable equiptment. (Such as different types of boots, jackets, holsters ect.)

Make enemies, and teammates footsteps more audible. (Lost have gotten me with kills whilst behind me, and I didn't know.)

• Re: Few suggestions/features to fix with Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Or MW4
    Divine_Corruption

Also, forgot this one.

Custom HUD's for menus. (The default one is a green/gray scheme. What about possible customiztion of this into whatever you want?)

Thanks for your time guys,

• Re: Few suggestions/features to fix with Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Or MW4
      frats74

Divine_Corruption wrote:

Also, forgot this one.

Custom HUD's for menus. (The default one is a green/gray scheme. What about possible customiztion of this into whatever you want?)

Thanks for your time guys,

You definitely have a lot of suggestions, but based on the title of this thread I don't see any posts regarding fixes to issues plaguing MW3.

ie. Lag issues, Elite issues (Bad Server Response, Clan issues, etc...), Hackers, Cheaters, DLC's, etc...

frats74

Divine_Corruption wrote:

Hello everyone, I came to offer my suggestions to the Infinityward team. Here are some of my ideas, and i'm sure some have been posted befor

Suggestions:

Ambidextrous handling of guns. (Ambidextrous, meaning you can switch which hand your weapon is held in. For example the USP .45 with tactical knife. The default way is right hand=.45 and left hand= Tactical knife. What if we switched this up?)

Why? You'll still shoot with your right trigger finger. If you're really left handed, change your button layout to SouthPaw.

Divine_Corruption wrote:

Male, and Female character/sprite changes. (Meaning invdividual changing of a character from the default Male, to a possible female. I've met alot of females on my many matchs, and I seem it would be fair for them)

Have you heard the term "teabagging"?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=teabagging

That would be a whole new world of "virtual sexual harrassment" with the involvement of female characters in-game.

Divine_Corruption wrote:

Customization of clan tags (Colors to clan tags, a brightish, gold for the ELITE clans, and any other color for default clans, it would be unique)

That would kinda make it easier for hackers to get away with it because honest gamers would have a hard time distinguishing real COD colors vs. multi-colored ones from hacks.

Divine_Corruption wrote:

Customization ot character/sprite (Meaning, change the height, weight, muscle, build, hair, eyes ect. of your character)

Possibly use of EXP to gain wearable equiptment. (Such as different types of boots, jackets, holsters ect.)

If it's not going to serve a particular purpose that would be relevant or significant to the game, why even do it?

Halo did that with their Hayabusa Armor and colored armor pieces but it was all useless.

Divine_Corruption wrote:

Make enemies, and teammates footsteps more audible. (Lost have gotten me with kills whilst behind me, and I didn't know.)

The footsteps on MW3 are actually a little bit louder than MW1 and 2. You were either killed by someone using Silent Footsteps or your audio is not turned up loud enough.

I suggest investing in a good gaming headset.

nuttin2say

After reading a thread created by a woman and other stuff posted in COD forums and elsewhere, I can agree that bringing female characters into the game is probably not a bad idea. It would not affect the game in any way mechanically. Yeah, you got the morons that would tea-bag but whatever. They'll just get killed so much in the process that they'll get frustrated and stop playing the game anyway. Which would probably be a good thing.

Anyway, I would like to see a Personal Bests section that is pretty thorough.

I never thought skill based matchmaking would be a great idea to begin with. I don't see where it is making much difference in lobby creation in BO2 but what it has done is give players another false reason to gripe.

Why not give players that feel a need to try to improve a legitimate place to go? Maybe you need to have lobbies with COD "experts" that can give real time pointers and moderate against idiots taking advantage of weaker players. Or maybe in a combat training mode there can be tips and pointers that pop up everywhere that top gamers would see an strategic or tactical option.

Definitely what you guys need to do is keep Ghost working like it did in MW3. TA watered it down too much.

The only way you guys are ever going to reduce the camper complaints while keeping the Ghost users happy is to actually show players ways to overcome campers. Telling people, "Use portable radar or the Recon perk" is a bad idea.

You need to show them. Do it via a YouTube link or in a training mode or whatever - don't know, don't care. But if there is any hint that Ghost is going to work like it does in BO2, I'm not buying the game. As it is, if TA keeps Ghost the same in their next release, I'm not buying their game, either. In fact, that one thing ticks me off so much I may not buy another TA game even if they do make a stealth perk in their next game.

Look what they did? They essentially removed Ghost from the game and people still camp and people still complain about campers. Ghost was not the problem. Playing a COD game is like feeding a hungry man. You can give him a fish by taking Ghost away, or you can teach him how to find Ghost users and let him feed himself. Hopefully that made sense.

Anyway. TA made a great game with BO1. It gave me the courage to buy MW3. I'm glad I did. I really enjoyed MW3 and, frankly, it is at least as good as MW1 was. The lag issues were bad, but you guys at IW were wise to put up with all the crap you did in finding solutions.

Last time TA was teaching IW how to make a good game. With MW3, you guys taught TA how to make a great game. Too bad they didn't learn squat.

frats74

nuttin2say wrote:

After reading a thread created by a woman and other stuff posted in COD forums and elsewhere, I can agree that bringing female characters into the game is probably not a bad idea.

You're not even sure, but you're already agreeing with it?

nuttin2say wrote:

It would not affect the game in any way mechanically. Yeah, you got the morons that would tea-bag but whatever. They'll just get killed so much in the process that they'll get frustrated and stop playing the game anyway. Which would probably be a good thing.

The key to failure is trying to please everybody.

nuttin2say wrote:

Anyway, I would like to see a Personal Bests section that is pretty thorough.

I never thought skill based matchmaking would be a great idea to begin with. I don't see where it is making much difference in lobby creation in BO2 but what it has done is give players another false reason to gripe.

Why not give players that feel a need to try to improve a legitimate place to go? Maybe you need to have lobbies with COD "experts" that can give real time pointers and moderate against idiots taking advantage of weaker players. Or maybe in a combat training mode there can be tips and pointers that pop up everywhere that top gamers would see an strategic or tactical option.

They can either sink or swim.

nuttin2say wrote:

Definitely what you guys need to do is keep Ghost working like it did in MW3. TA watered it down too much.

Agree.

nuttin2say wrote:

The only way you guys are ever going to reduce the camper complaints while keeping the Ghost users happy is to actually show players ways to overcome campers. Telling people, "Use portable radar or the Recon perk" is a bad idea.

You need to show them. Do it via a YouTube link or in a training mode or whatever - don't know, don't care. But if there is any hint that Ghost is going to work like it does in BO2, I'm not buying the game. As it is, if TA keeps Ghost the same in their next release, I'm not buying their game, either. In fact, that one thing ticks me off so much I may not buy another TA game even if they do make a stealth perk in their next game.

Look what they did? They essentially removed Ghost from the game and people still camp and people still complain about campers. Ghost was not the problem. Playing a COD game is like feeding a hungry man. You can give him a fish by taking Ghost away, or you can teach him how to find Ghost users and let him feed himself. Hopefully that made sense.

As I stated, the key to failure is trying to please everybody. BO2 is proof.

It is not Activision's job to teach how to overcome in-game adversities or enemy strategies.

When Nintendo came out with Super Mario Bros. they didn't teach players how to do the long jump, how to jump on a Koopa-Troopa and push its shell into other enemies, where the secret 1-Up Mushrooms are, etc... The players learned to figure these things out and developed strategies themselves.

nuttin2say wrote:

Anyway. TA made a great game with BO1.

BO is not a great game. It was all hype. The maps were small, the respawning was bad, the guns were nerfed, the audio and graphics were horrible, ...

The small maps and respawning issue started with BO.

nuttin2say wrote:

It gave me the courage to buy MW3.

I went back to playing MW2 after playing BO for a while; I bought MW3 because of the bad experience. The only courage I got from it was selling it back to Gamestop.

nuttin2say wrote:

I really enjoyed MW3 and, frankly, it is at least as good as MW1 was.

Okay.

MW2 still is the best though.

nuttin2say wrote:

The lag issues were bad, but you guys at IW were wise to put up with all the crap you did in finding solutions.

I have yet to find a solution to anything.

ie. Elite issues, lags, respawning, etc...

nuttin2say wrote:

Last time TA was teaching IW how to make a good game. With MW3, you guys taught TA how to make a great game. Too bad they didn't learn squat.

Treyarch thought they made a great game... but, the key to failure is trying to please everybody.