6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 15, 2013 2:07 AM by dcpye RSS

Do people still play BO1 on pc?

So I purchased BO2 and was very dissapointed in the game. The main thing I hated was the small maps and spawns. I returned the game and I am now thinking about buying BO1 but not sure if many people play it still or not?

• Re: Do people still play BO1 on pc?

I play on PC

Yes I do but the crappy thing about not having dedicated servers is when a new game comes out your old one is pretty much worthless because no one plays it anymore and thus "their" servers cant get anyone on.  Game matching is the worst idea on earth and when it goes into "migrating" servers it's a big pain on game play.  your game is basically only temporary for about a 2 year stint.  After that your just wasted your money on a temporary game because you have no dedicated servers. Battlefield series don't have this problem.  I can even still play Battlefield 1942 which is 10 years old and still find players on.  Wait till they stop supporting the older call of duties they will shut their servers off like they have already. 

Maxxgold

I just picked this up the other day and I'm having a good time. No Lag Comp and there are plenty of people playing.

SgtSpock

Nobody likes everything... Imo BO2 doesn't have the same "fragging feeling" than BO1. I think it's kinda toy game. A lot of tech toys and stuff. Usually when I went to play BO2 it took several attempts to find a good server without annoying latency. And Im talking about 2 times worse latency than in BO1, where it is tolerable. I haven't played BO2 for about a month. It's shame that to me there r only a few good servers left to play BO1:/

johnsmith

How did you return in?  No matter, bops1 is a better game and there are still people playing.

I'm with you dude, i was playing BO for PS3 since ever but my PS3 broke down and yestarday I bought for PC. The game is awesome, better than BO2 (maybe except zombies mode), so now I play BO for PC and i think that most of people still playing too!