1 16 17 18 19 20 Previous Next 580 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2013 5:14 AM by deamonomic Go to original post RSS
  • 170. Re: LagComp Video Discussion: BlackOps2 Edition
    Ss78_

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200601154

He's working on the first attempt, 7 pvrs.

• 171. Re: LagComp Video Discussion: BlackOps2 Edition
    nuttin2say

I see what you're saying. In fact, it answers a lot of questions.

I like getting the first kill. Usually if I can get that first kill, I can go on 8, 10, 12 kill streaks out of the hole. I believe in playing psychologically as much as I can and when you have someone open up with a huge streak like that in the first two minutes, calling in all three of your ksr's at least once, maybe twice depending on what your set-up is, that puts the game in your favor psychologically in a huge way.

The problem is, unless you run scavenger and fast hands using the Perk 2 Greed wildcard, it is hard to maintain the streak.

And it has happened far too often that when I open with a streak like that, the game goes downhill from there. Especially without the above described setup.

I can see how this is happening now. Because when you run out of ammo and people to kill, you have to stop or at least hesitate under cover in order to plan out the next major attack.

That's when the crap hits the fan. I feel like I should have the advantage because I "camp" a corner thinking I'll knife someone and take their gun or at least grab a resupply pack ... but without fail, I lose the engagement.

Now I know why and regardless of why it is programmed that way, the fact is that better players come out on the short end of the stick.

That's total BS.

How does a player overcome this?

Like I said, having Scavenger and Fast hands has helped a lot, but it also goes to show that, quite literally, if you stop moving even for a few miliseconds, it is game over, you lose.

• 172. Re: LagComp Video Discussion: BlackOps2 Edition
    ovenbakedmuffin

nuttin2say wrote:

Why would they lose killcams and theater by removing host lag comp?

The two systems are interconnected. Theater mode is of course based on what really happened, ie what happened for the host. The clients who record the game must save the host's game state every time it is sent in order to be able to re-run the game later. That state, and what it contains, needs to be appropriate for both theater and for running the game while you're playing it. It's nothing difficult, but any adjustment to lag comp now has the potential to affect theater and killcams.

nuttin2say wrote:

'Playing psychologically' goes both ways.

The fear in your opponents causes a change in playstyle. It is not for the better if you want to win quickly, so you have to be certain you can dominate them even when they're giving their best tryhard performance. In this game, where you're likely to lose half of your interactions regardless of the skill of either player, that's unlikely.

nuttin2say wrote:

How does a player overcome this?

Always be the one moving from cover at the precisely correct moments. Spyplane cornercamping can improve your chances, but that's not exactly reliable.

Alternatively, you could not play the game. COD4~6 are still excellent games today, with a growing community as more and more players face disillusion by the poor networking of recent games.

Ss78_ wrote:

He's working on the first attempt, 7 pvrs.

Excellent. That should prove most interesting.

• 173. Re: LagComp Video Discussion: BlackOps2 Edition
    xblbw

Excellent vid, and very informative. Thanks.

• 174. Re: LagComp Video Discussion: BlackOps2 Edition
    jessedart

@overbakedmuffin:  when are you uploading another commentary video?

• 175. Re: LagComp Video Discussion: BlackOps2 Edition

FixBlops2 wrote:

Excellent video, you did a lot of work into it, respect for that.

Just for some lols, here a video.

Great vid ovenbaked , very interesting

another good vid on page 3 still laughing hours later!!

• 176. Re: LagComp Video Discussion: BlackOps2 Edition
    DerekFrost

Actually MW3 sold more copies by 800 thousand than BO1 and outsold BO2 by a full 1.4 million on launch month.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/12/07/call-of-duty-black-ops-2-sales-d ont-point-to-franchises-decline/

Also to OP I loved the video I find myself on the crap end of this latency in 75% of my matches at least so I'm glad I can finally understand that I cannot do anything about it. But at least I have an answer. I do however think that in an informative video as you made, you should refrain from injecting your own opinions on things like kill streaks and perks because many people will feel differently on those topics and it kind of discredits the rest of the video when it seems to be biased on certain topics. You definately cannot dely the lag anymore and I thank you I just hope Vonderhaar and the rest of the team decide to do something to correct their mistakes.  Also I have been saying for a long time that I think theater mode does effect gameplay and when I learned of livestreaming and other advancements to the theater for BO2 I was completely worried that this would happen.

• 177. Re: LagComp Video Discussion: BlackOps2 Edition

Absolutely agree with this video! Spread it!

• 178. Re: LagComp Video Discussion: BlackOps2 Edition
    ovenbakedmuffin

jessedart wrote:

@overbakedmuffin:  when are you uploading another commentary video?

It's a fairly rare occurrence - I've uploaded 3 in one year.

Perhaps I could upload another to answer common questions. Do you have anything specific in mind?

• 179. Re: LagComp Video Discussion: BlackOps2 Edition
    Ss78_

Matchmaking and hosting and how it's been implemented currently?

That's my main issues with this game and the apparent lack of cut off points leading to the code being unable to efficiently handle the huge disparity it itself creates.

Or you could just do a pure sync video like we've recommended. Up to you.

1 16 17 18 19 20 Previous Next