41 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2013 12:35 AM by Stumperud78 RSS

Seems Quiet Lately

DR65DR

Is it my imagination or are there far fewer new threads here this week than previously? Is this an indication that people have finally accepted that lag issues may or indeed may not exist (added that bit for Maccabi so he doesn't have to explain it all again).

What are player levels like on Xbox this week? Has there been a downturn in the numbers or are people just happily playing and not griping so much? I ask, because this place had essentially become the "ACTIVISION YOU SUCK!" official fourm.

• Re: Seems Quiet Lately

I can say that the last couple of days, I have not seen the same competition levels in TDM.  Maybe people have just given up!

banned-again

i havent played for nearly a week so ive got nothing to moan about but watch this space

i was a big complainer here but since it doesnt work and i accepted that there is nothing i can do to improve my gameplay because treyarch sucks.

and i dont play the game until there is a new hotfix and check my gameplay is good else i just put it back in the box and check it in couple days again.

TH3_IT

Ya, I've noticed that too.  Repetition with no resolve gets tiring, so I'm sure alot gave up on doing rant posts. 

dweez1988

Don't play as much.

Just got the new DmC yesterday wich is amazing (only played for an hour or so)

So I won't be playing BO2 so much any time soon.

gallp13

Volume is in core TDM and Dom as you probably know. No material change in these numbers over last two weeks. As for rest haven't noticed any thing in casual scans. Folks appear to be working with what they've got.

starbuckfrack

You also have to remember that the moderators no longer allow repetitive new threads on the forum any longer based on lag complaints.

That was half of the threads

After I realized on Monday the game in it's current state wasn't going to change until the next hotfix or update I decided to take a break.

NoLifeKing29

450k online right now, normal number for a weekday.

blarkw

Things have quieted down here as well as online. Seems the number online has been dropping off a bit. I think people are getting over it and moving on along with those that are just tired of all the BS.

randomhero204

Game is still going strong and mods here on the site have been going blls deep with te deletion of threads...

For te maybe 500 who post/cry on here.. There are 14 million who love this game :)

Ive never seen more than 400,000 online.  Compare the numbers to past CoDs.

gallp13

Respectfully, its exceeded this number often.

Stumperud78

gallp13 wrote:

Respectfully, its exceeded this number often.

Respectfully, those numbers are never consistent and they only stay there for a very short amount of time, untill they grow tired of the lag and frustration.

I've seen 600k online give or take, then suddenly falling back to 290k to 300k after just one or two hours, for the rest of the day/evening.

This game has become less and less entertaining due to all the issues with bad matchmaking/host migration (50-100 host migrations a day, screwing up entire games and results kind of puts most people off, well apart from the diehard fanboys that is). Hit detection issues, elite not working ingame, clan ops/challenges down the drain cause elite un-enlists the clans.

iivrruummii

Closer to 600,000 people on at peak.  I think that the game is doing fine.

Rednecksniper39

500,000 on right now plus another 115,000 in zombies.

People are just giving up.  Any thread displaying legitimate issues is assaulted by paragraphs of why you are wrong.

DITPiranha

Bought Farcry 3 over a month ago and haven't played since.  The frustration from this game isn't worth it and the developers aren't doing anything to ease that frustration (I check the forums from time to time to see if anything has changed for the better).  At this rate, I won't buy another Call of Duty.

Foxhound-Pro

This past week and this week are the transitions moments for most schools. A lot of our less mature posters have either been banned or simply have homework to work on.

Yep.

DITPiranha

There's a difference between being immature and being pissed off for wasting $70...

nicedrewishfela

I guess they aren't all at school.

There is a way to express your discontent in a mature, intelligent manner. I

highlandsparky

DITPiranha wrote:

There's a difference between being immature and being pissed off for wasting $70...

True.... but who's fault is it, for wasting $70?

nicedrewishfela

Wondering how much time he has put into the game... that would help us see if it was a "waste"

But who would have expected such a terrible game with no good support at all?

DITPiranha

I wouldn't argue that the fault wasn't my own... but this is a video game.  It has no value other than entertainment value.  I spent that money thinking I was going to buy something entertaining and fun... What I got was something miserable and frustrating...  I'm supposed to be happy about that (especially when I'm clearly not the only one who's frustrated)?

nicedrewishfela

That is understandable.

But the dangerous part is assuming that everyone is feeling the same way or having the same problems. Coming on here would make one think everyone is having these issues, and I don't deny there is a large part of the population experiencing problems. But people come on the forum typically because they have a complaint to air. So, while it may seem everyone is having an issue, it really isn't a fair representation of the entire community.

Honestly, when I have issues in this game... and I have, I take it out of the tray for a while and come back to it. I haven't experienced a lot of lag or hit detection issues, maybe I am lucky, but I have had issues here and there, just like I have had in every CoD to date.

For me, the fun of the game outweighs the issues by a long shot. The best way to protest is to not play if you aren't enjoying it.

highlandsparky

DITPiranha wrote:

I wouldn't argue that the fault wasn't my own... but this is a video game.  It has no value other than entertainment value.  I spent that money thinking I was going to buy something entertaining and fun... What I got was something miserable and frustrating...  I'm supposed to be happy about that (especially when I'm clearly not the only one who's frustrated)?

It's all a learning curve....I barely play the game these days,, but I got a days worth of play. Pretty cheap entertainment really supposing I never played it again.

SeraphOne

I've stopped playing and oddly enough have found the less I play the less I feel like playing (I was struggling with lag, or not according to some). I've had good value with around 4 days play though so I can't complain.

Best thing to come out of lag ops 2 are the forums :-) been keeping an eye on it to see if things improve and it's also a bit of a soap opera in here with the high post cod fanboys hoping to get offered a job by a game developer and bashing people who are new to the forum.

Keep up the good work and roll on November so that I can play the new cod!

Restore_Hardcore

Has anyone who plays core and has lag issues tried HC yet? Since I switched to HC years ago I play 95% of the time problem free. No OP weapons either.