38 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2013 3:52 AM by Catfishbillyy RSS

Black Ops Problems Changed My Mind About The DLC

When I first started playing Black Ops 2 about a month ago was real excited about the game. Was excited about the DLC and was actually getting ready to buy the season pass. But the number of hitmarkers and the fact that I am dying WAY more than I should be has caused me to change my mind. I have found that playing with other guys makes it somewhat bearable but overall the game has completely taken away my interest in the DLC. I can't understand how the game appears to be getting better and better and worse and worse at the same time. I don't think I HAVE ever seen the developers on Call Of Duty release a statement either before or after the game was released and said "We realize Call Of Duty has some serious connection/gameplay issues and we want the community to know that we are working on some type of solution." That would be enough to look at Activision in a whole new light and the developers in a new light, and I would actually be willing to shell out more money. Has anyone else had the same change of heart?

• Re: Black Ops Problems Changed My Mind About The DLC
    Ss78_

It's like having an angel and a devil on either shoulder. The angel says "without any admission about the game issues you shouldn't buy the dlc" then the devil says "go on you know you want to buy the dlc even with the issues because you can't get enough of cod".

Personally I'm going to try and hold off until I see some proper footage. All it would probably take is a "we're working on it" from 3arc to sway me towards it.

nicedrewishfela

For me, the issues improved and I am having a great time. The DLC was an easy decision for me. Save $10 now? Sure.

lmaFrickinBeast

If the DLC wasn't bought for me for Xmas, I definitely wouldn't have wasted ANOTHER $50 on this game. I can't even begin to explain the power of feeling let down by this company who obviously doesn't give a damn about the technical issues of this game, and with the hotfix they released last week that destroyed my experience, it's even more apparent that this company doesn't even deserve to exist let alone take money from millions of people for a subpar end product.

I bought it because I was excited for the game and assumed that it would be fixed pretty quickly.

Now I dont really think they are able or willing to fix the camera/lag/hitmarker issue, so I probably wont even download the maps for a while.

No need to play BO2.  There are still enough people playing the CoD games that work.

gallp13

Your situation sux and is not good. I hope they release a patch or hotfix so you experience those good days again. For me its been ok since release, the level of lag I experience has been typical of all the games in the franchises. Patches and HOTFIXES have improved the experience slightly. More fine tuning for me.

Over all I am happy and as a result have bought the season pass.

If I was experiencing your issues. like you I wouldn't. If good buy if crap don't pretty self evident.

spanky'smonkey

my first mind says don't buy it and has been saying that since mid december. i to am waiting on treyarch to admit the game still requires work. the under table hotfixes aren't doing it for me, as with every hotfix the game plays like crud for the first few days until i relearn to adjust. laggy games are getting better but i'm still pissed about the the lag comp/camera issue that seems to be biased toward headless chickens. these players should not get a 200 millisecond jump on you if the game is already using lag comp to "even out" the play field. thats enough time for them to get in the first shot, ruin your aim and kill you. not cool man, not cool at all. no point in tactical cover if it's useless in a firefight.

Hey guys just thought you all would like some alternatives to this crappy COD game, so you don't throw your money at it and hope it actually gets good... because it wont.

Here are some fun games you may not have heard about or never got the chance to check them out....I would recomend watching the reviews on the net to get more info.

RaiderZ - A FREE MMORPG(similar to WOW) - thousands of people playing, great gameplay, its not one of those hold down mouse button to attack, but has real time fighting mechanics.  Did I mention it was FREE?!  It is a PC only game but even a entry machiene can probably handle it on low settings.  Check out the reviews and download it if you like these games its really good and actually you may wanna spend money on it because its so good.

Blacklight - Retrobution PC ONLY - AGAIN FREE FPS, Fast paced action, great GFX,  Very in depth weapon customization, and you dont need to drop any cash to get the full expirience of the game.  Definatley worth checking out.

Bayonetta - 360/ps3 - OVER THE TOP RPG, similar to God of war, but with a sexy stripper British ***** as the main character, super fun fast paced gameplay, stylish, and cheap....you can probably find it at Gamestop for 10 bucks, beat it and return it....but its a really great game so you may wanna keep it...LOVED THIS GAME

Kingdom of Amalur - 360/ps3 - Fun RPG some of the BEST fighting mechanics, very similar to Skyrim but with much better fighting mechanics, Hours of fun gameplay... cheap to probably around $15 used at Gamestop.  Check it out. Loved this one too..

Diablo 2 & L.O.D - PC -  I was younger when this game came out and kinda missed out on it durring its hayday....but Its 10 bucks now I played it....and wow I WAS ADDICTED....LMAO the GFX were so bad, but the gameplay is amazing hahahaha and there is still a strong community playing it online... the game with expansion will run about $20 and its worth every cent!

DmC - New game just came out havent played it yet, but looks really good....I would recomend renting this one...I am, the demo is out Try it, basically over the top demon slaying with some gun play....its Devil may Cry if you havent figured it out by now lol

Dishonered - 360 - You may have played this already, but I just am barley getting into it and I am loving it, its a stealth RPG SUPER GORY kills and alllows you to be as creative as possible when it comes to how you play....I am really liking it so far...I am renting it, but it may be cheap buying it used, idk check it out...

My last one....THE SHOCKER!

C.O.D. BLACK OPS FOR THE WII - By far the funnest way to play there crappy game, use the wii zapper and play a FPS the way its supposed to be played.... its crazy hard to customize the controls but IMO it was Treyarchs best work, along with COD4 Wii....buy it used tho dont support these idiots now....they are just greedy jerk hoffs.

Check out all these game reviews before you consider buying,  but I assure you, they are all worth your money, and these "games" deserve your money more than treyarch ever will.  I say games because some of these companies like blizzard have followed the same greedy path as 3arc...if your gonna support em, support em by buying something when they cared about quality.

I feel the same way. A single "hey look, we know there are some problems, please be patient" would have been fine. But that should have happend about a month ago. now its too late. There is no excuse for this kind of betrayal to the CoD community. There is no way i will be buying the DLC.  Maybe if they fix the problems and offer it half off i would consider but i know both of those things wont happen because they are greedy and "perfect" (aka there actually isnt a problem.)

Dont believe me?? ask some of the guys who work for them on this forum!!

iivrruummii

They haven't betrayed the community.  **LOL**  They don't have to tell us anything because it is their game, and they have right to ignore us.

They have continued the destruction of COD though...so they have betrayed us.

And who cares if they ignore us? This game is so broken and boring, there is no way to fix it...so let them....we should just ignore them, and not buy anything with treyarch on it.

iivrruummii

People are completely ungrateful that they even patch this game or even hotfix it.  I remember when I used to buy a game that was what I got with all of its goods and bads.  Some games never even offered DLC.

their "patch" to the SMGs was bull. It changed NOTHING

their hotfix did however change something... it made the game worse!!

way to go 3arch. your great at your job

iivrruummii

How is the game getting worse?  Still plays the same for me over the 2 months.  I am doing quite well.  SMG nerf worked well.  I definitely noticed a difference with the SMGs.  I am glad they nerfed the SWAT, FAL, and M8 also.  The game is very balanced now but they could nerf the FAL select fire by reducing its range like on the SWAT and M8.  Snipers seem balanced.  LMGs could use a little more bullet penetration.

Ever since W@W,  COD has been on an un necesary spiral of destruction....

we talked about this VVrruummii, you know its true.

Rednecksniper39

That was back in the day before this new generation of teens that think everyone owes them something.

Actually i believe in respect. If i do something wrong i man up to it... i dont hide and ignore it. It has nothing to do with them owing me... its disrespectful of them not too

Rednecksniper39

Ever heard of earning respect? Just because you gave them money doesn not mean you have earned anything.  You don't get their respect just because you think they owe it to you.

I earned there respect by buying every game and DLC since CoD started. 

Besides its not about me... its about the community. This game has blown sales records out of the water. That is a sign of earning respect.  How much more can anyone do to "earn" respect form the developers of a game?

This game was praised for months before the release. Millions of People stood in lines for hours just so they could be one of the first people to play the game. 

What did the community do to UN-Earn their respect??

iivrruummii

Complain...

Rednecksniper39

Rize_BHo wrote:

What did the community do to UN-Earn their respect??

When they whine and complain about every little thing that happens. And when Treyarch or IW does something good then the community says they didn't do those things soon enough. When the community made death threats to people like Robert Bowling and others. And when they make threats about selling the game or sueing. Again just because you gave them money does not mean they owe you respect.

You demand respect but yet you come here and complain about several issues and you accuse mods of covering up issues. I get that you see the game is broken. But there is ALWAYS people with every game that think it is broken. There is usually a steady 600,000 on at the peak time of the day and another 150,000 playing zombies. If the game was really broken for everyone with lag and lag comp like you say don't you think there would be far less? You have to understand that the people who have major issues with lag and lag comp are a minority. There are not millions of players that have the problem.

Oh i forgot that COD was the only game that gets complaints... My bad. As for the threats, the number of people doing that is practically 0 compared to how many people buy this game. That is going to happen when you are part of a multibillion dollar company. 

600k is a pathetic number for the fact that 25+ million copies of this game were sold and its only 2 months post release.  This game should still be HOT. But with the Major problems its not.  3-4 weeks ago i would have a steady 40 some friends online playing BO2 nightly.  Tonight when i turned on my box i saw 8 playing BO2, 22 playing MW2, 13 playing MW3. and 2 playing BO... But no no problems here.

As for this forum. I came here to get some answer and was really quiet at first. Read alot of threads and post small here and there. Just kinda waiting to see what was going to happen.  Then Vahn tweets about how there is no lag problem with this game, and they Dont see anything wrong with it... Thats when i started posting more. then He asks for proof on twitter and someone posts a perfect example of terrible terrible lag comp and he replies "cheers" and that was it. There is no reason for that kind of disrespect.  he got what he wanted and ignored still continued to ignore it...

They need to get off their high horse and do their job

starbuckfrack

We dont own the game TreyArch does. So if Vahn says that there is no lag in the game regardless if it was true then thats the way it goes. They CAN do anything they want to ignore the issues since they own the software you are using.

As for 600k players onlie you do realize that thats only 600k at any given time. People play this game 24 hours a day. Every hour it could be an additional 300k that left and a whole new set of 300k that comes in.

They did their job and sold you the game. All they are obligated to do is patch up the game with a bandaid until the DLC sells.

At this point 90 percent of the development team is working on the NEXT COD game. That is now there job.

They are in no way entitled to continue support on this game. It says so on the small print on the back before you bought the game disk it came on.

You want o see a REAL broken online game then look at how fast the numbers on Homefront dropped to almost nothing. A week after release stores were selling that game for 20 bucks off.

iivrruummii

600k is still about the same if not better than MW3 around this time.  Just because tens of millions of people buy a game doesn't mean that there will be that many people playing at once.  I would estimate that roughly 2-3 million people play this game online throughout the day if not more.

Rednecksniper39

Rize_BHo wrote:

600k is a pathetic number for the fact that 25+ million copies of this game were sold and its only 2 months post release.  This game should still be HOT. But with the Major problems its not.  3-4 weeks ago i would have a steady 40 some friends online playing BO2 nightly.  Tonight when i turned on my box i saw 8 playing BO2, 22 playing MW2, 13 playing MW3. and 2 playing BO... But no no problems here.

I do not know where you got 25 million at but you are more then 10 million off. 700,000 (you forgot the 100,000 playing zombies) at a peak time is at around 6 or 7 central time in the U.S. Everyone else in the world is either asleep or early morning. Some people don'tplay everyday. 700,000 in January is extremely good when in previous years it was around 350,000-400,000 usuaully this time of year.

Here are some real stats:

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/

Look at number 44. It is 25 million + on ALL systems. People on all systems don't show up on Xbox.

Restore_Hardcore

Dudes, hardcore doesnt have all the problems that core does. I was so surprised how great the game played when I switched! Quit wasting ur time and play the way CoD was meant to be played.

gallp13

Played today.

Butter smooth.

Love this game

Bought  the Season

Modern form

ThatIdiot

"They change nothing, CoD is becoming the same thing every year"

The community now.

If they changed things up next year, this is what we will get

"Ugh, the old CoD was better, they've never changed things"

Face it, nobody is ever completely satisfied with the game. So far BO2 is one the best CoD's for me. Only waiting for the DLC to come out for the new zombie maps

Catfishbillyy

It's always nice to see the 4-5 star people jump into every negative thread about the game and hate on the poster as though they work for the comapny, anyone else see this trend? sheep.