35 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2013 10:02 AM by TheZombified RSS

You damn snipers!!!

TH3_IT

I got my ass handed to me last night by 2 of them.  Well, I say I got my ass handed to me...I killed them more, but they definitely got my attention that game.  I never have any snipers kick my ass on this game, so it was refreshing, to say the least.  Enough so, that I was about to message them "nice killing with the snipers", but my oven timer went off and therefore, so did my console.  Just wanted to show some love.  Good day! 

• Re: You damn snipers!!!
    CowboySr

"You're Welcome!"-signed me

There needs to be more players like you!

CraigEtches

They seemed to be used alot in domination even more annoying when they are sitting on rooftops and on buildings just camping there

CraigEtches wrote:

They seemed to be used alot in domination even more annoying when they are sitting on rooftops and on buildings just camping there

Yeahhh, imagine that, camping with a sniper? Ludicrous.

You'd never see a military sniper camping, they run and gun with their 30lb Barretts quickscoping I believe.

Stumperud78

CraigEtches wrote:

Sniper rifles: The perfect companion for all you treehugging camping nutcases out there. Grab one today and get a tent for free!

Seriously though, don't complain about someone who's defending their objective, or generally doing what snipers should be doing. At least we camp with style and still do the objectives, rather than running around quick scoping and deliberately avoiding any and all objectives.

I must be some kind of super hybrid because i run around quickscoping while playing the objective.  I must be like the next superman

Stumperud78 wrote:

At least we camp with style and still do the objectives, rather than running around quick scoping and deliberately avoiding any and all objectives.

You can do both actually. I've recently fallen in love with the Ballista and I've found that depending on the size and layout of the map, I either go with the classic Suppressor, FMJ or Suppressor, Iron Sight. I still play the objective either way.

I like battles vs snipers, its more fun than vs spray and pray smgs players.

Stumperud78

I salute any player using the sniper for actual sniping.

Quick scopers? Not worthy of any praise in my book. They're a bloody nuisance, nothing more. Yes, they don't go super positive but still a nuisance, especially for their own teammates in objective games.

Whenever i spot them on my team, deliberately avoiding objectives, which they seem to do all too often, (if i'm unfortunate enough to be playing alone), i challenge them to pick up a real weapon and do the objectives or GTFO and play FFA/TDM.

Quickscopers who don't play the objectives are pissing me off as well.

You can use Quickscopers as bait for easy kills, its a cheap tactic but it works. When you see a Quickscoper on your team who doesn't play the objective then shoot a unsilcened weapon when you are near him, then watch how all the enemies are go after him, then shoot them all in the back while they focus on the Quickscopers.

I know its a **** move.

Stumperud78

One word: Stock. It truly does make a difference, and yes, i do that all the time.

I was sniping in a Domination match not to long ago with a few friends of mine. I've really gotten into choking certain points of the map or multiple points. I'll go back and forth and call out anything to help our little try hard group. I ended up looking at the scoreboard and noticed one of our top players was 34-21 roughly and had 0 captures and 3 defends. Then I noticed he was sniping and I just for some reason I got upset at this player. The fact he was trying to get clips for his montage just bothered me all to holy hell. Don't get me wrong he was keeping them off the flags and had several defends but when does the thirsty youtube fame end? I mean I contradict myself when I say play how you choose but I had to take a few moments to recollect myself. Sometimes snipers and youtube is just a bothersome couple. I like putting stuff on youtube but if I get something amazing it's because it just happened because I was there at the right time. I've put the foolish thought of running around trying to quickscope all the time down. Now I'll use it when I need to. I see it as a tool, not a playstyle.

Anyway that's my rant.

FixBlops2 wrote:

Quickscopers who don't play the objectives are pissing me off as well.

You can use Quickscopers as bait for easy kills, its a cheap tactic but it works. When you see a Quickscoper on your team who doesn't play the objective then shoot a unsilcened weapon when you are near him, then watch how all the enemies are go after him, then shoot them all in the back while they focus on the Quickscopers.

I know its a **** move.

Sounds like you are no longer playing the objective... so really who is worse here???

pj600r

I've got a soft spot for proper long range sniping, I won't use the tactic for anything other than TDM though as I play predominately DOM now I don't get the chance to do much now.

I always try to stay one step ahead of the enemy by getting a few kills then moving to a new position as you soon attract unwanted attention, some call it camping but IMO that's how snipers should be used.

smokesdope

I play FFA all the time and luv sniping/QSing and win all the time . Nothing better winning a FFA sniping . I've had msgs both positive and negative from ppl in the lobby .

What does kind of annoy me is someone is on there last kill and they swap to a sniper when they have been using a reg gun the whole game . Meh ! Does my nut in ! Lol

dweez1988

I just combine the 2.

Whenever I run for a flag or trying to plant a bomb I will need to QS or use my secondary.

When defending I am just a sniper. I still dragscope because it's good to know what's around you in stead of keeping scoped in.

Bielsalmighty

I love trying to root out snipers. Its either a good game of trying to second guess one another, or I get lots of free kills/headshots

Proper Snipers use Overkill

DR65DR

I'm old, so I snipe in the old fashioned way, using a telescopic sight the way its manufacturers intended. Wannabe zzirGrizz types don't bother me, particularly if they're like the kid I kept killing on Carrier last night, desperately jumping off the ramp and planes and spinning around trying to get that 720 no-scope.

It was hilarious. He went 4-19. MLG Pro.

pj600r

In a DOM game on Hijacked recently I was crouching trying to cap C and I kept hearing a sniper rifle firing, this guy had 4 attempts to quickscope me while I was capping and missed every one.

I got up and shot him, I looked at his score at the end and he went 5-36 with 1 cap, I bet his team mates were impressed.

DR65DR wrote:

I'm old, so I snipe in the old fashioned way, using a telescopic sight the way its manufacturers intended. Wannabe zzirGrizz types don't bother me, particularly if they're like the kid I kept killing on Carrier last night, desperately jumping off the ramp and planes and spinning around trying to get that 720 no-scope.

It was hilarious. He went 4-19. MLG Pro.

Lold

These Kidscopers are fun while they are on the other team. I love using them to level up the Shotties, but when you get handicapped by one on your team it just makes you want to reach through your TV and cyber slap them in the face.

Well that sounds like a game me and my son were in the other night. My son loves using a sniper class. To be honest i'm not much of a sniper, however, I did have a blast last night where we set up with overkill - remingtons - sniper rifles - bettys - shocks - flak jack - tac mask. Kill streaks consisted of Guardians.

We got a lot of attention and certainly changed the way the game was played to our advantage. Enemies basically poured into our position for revenge kills which fed more kills to us than anything else.

I'm not saying this is how we play all the time, however, we had a blast and as it turned out on a couple of maps especially 'Raid' it was very very effective. My son went top with me coming close second in a KC match and we collected at least as many tags as we had kills.

No better feeling than running up behind 3 spiners on carrier on that angled platform in the back they all like to snipe from.

Honestly, they don't bother me when they are long-range and kill me, that is expected. They have sniper rifles. I just hate when you turn a corner and run into one and they insta-scope-kill you. But, that said, I typically get them more than they get me doing that so I don't mind too much.

pj600r

Because I play as a sniper in some TDM games you automatically think about the spots you can catch them because they're spots you would probably use yourself.

Drone is a good map for out thinking them because I know where I'd snipe from so I always look for the opposition in those positions, I've found a spot where people run past you and if you have a silencer on they don't even notice you sniping.