1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next 82 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2013 11:42 AM by Photoman23 Go to original post RSS
  • 50. Re: Why I am not complaining...

Again, I beg to differ.  As sad as it sounds, I think Blops 2 would have seen nearly the same success if they didn't even include a campaign. 

Until we see the budget allocations for Blops 2, neither of us will know for sure if the campaign or multiplayer got more time and money, and we could go round and round all day long. However, I am still sticking to my guns and assuming the multiplayer did.

• 51. Re: Why I am not complaining...
    iivrruummii

Until the game is like WoW or even Battlefield, multiplayer comes 2nd.

• 52. Re: Why I am not complaining...

I disagree.  Call of Duty games get made every year because people buy them every year and people don't buy them every year for the campaign, they buy it for the multiplayer.

They could have discontinued the Blops 1 story and started a new story or not even included one and the masses would have still gobbled this game up.

The multiplayer defines this franchise, bottomline.

• 53. Re: Why I am not complaining...

There is no way this game is created for the single player campaign and the multiplayer is just a "bonus"... If that were true there would be no DLC, Instead we would be getting more campaign levels. or more of something that matters to the single player. 

BO2 has sold around 28 million copies so far. I bet if there was no campaign there would have still ben 25 million copies sold. That is a small difference. where as if they sold only the campaign, there would probably only be some 10 million copies sold (and that is generous)

• 54. Re: Why I am not complaining...
    Rednecksniper39

Rize_BHo wrote:

BO2 has sold around 28 million copies so far. I bet if there was no campaign there would have still ben 25 million copies sold. That is a small difference. where as if they sold only the campaign, there would probably only be some 10 million copies sold (and that is generous)

Your stats are WAY off. There is around 10-12 million sold.

• 55. Re: Why I am not complaining...
    starbuckfrack

We arent saying that people dont buy the game for multiplayer, because we KNOW that people DO buy the game for multiplayer. There is no arguing about that.

What we are saying is that Treayarch, Activision, whoever only care about the multiplayer to sell DLC otherwise they could care less if 10 percent or 50 percent or even 80 percent of the players have lag issues. Otherwise they would have fixed lag issues in a lot of the previous COD games.

Look at MW3 for example , for over a YEAR people were making one long thread complaining about the lag in the game. Did they fix the lag ? No they didnt.

Another example would be the MAJOR REAL ISSUES of the Care Package Glitch. They never fixed that , they just pulled the small print out and used it to totally ignore making a patch for those fixes 6 months before MW3 came out. That was about 6 or 7 months AFTER Black Ops 1 came out.

you can complain all you want but you will find that even the moderators are getting tired of hearing the lag comp threads on this forum.

• 56. Re: Why I am not complaining...

LOL!

• 57. Re: Why I am not complaining...

"We arent saying that people dont buy the game for multiplayer, because we KNOW that people DO buy the game for multiplayer. There is no arguing about that.

What we are saying is that Treayarch, Activision, whoever only care about the multiplayer to sell DLC otherwise they could care less if 10 percent or 50 percent or even 80 percent of the players have lag issues. Otherwise they would have fixed lag issues in a lot of the previous COD games."

...and that is why people are so disappointed and upset.  Especially, when the multiplayer is the main selling point and is what draws us all back year after year.  Granted, I could give two ***** about the devs but I don't think they are stupid enough to treat multiplayer as merely a launching point for DLC and that they are oblivious to fact that multiplayer makes CoD.

• 58. Re: Why I am not complaining...
    asianman12

SP 671 wrote:

"We arent saying that people dont buy the game for multiplayer, because we KNOW that people DO buy the game for multiplayer. There is no arguing about that.

What we are saying is that Treayarch, Activision, whoever only care about the multiplayer to sell DLC otherwise they could care less if 10 percent or 50 percent or even 80 percent of the players have lag issues. Otherwise they would have fixed lag issues in a lot of the previous COD games."

...and that is why people are so disappointed and upset.  Especially, when the multiplayer is the main selling point and is what draws us all back year after year.  Granted, I could give two ***** about the devs but I don't think they are stupid enough to treat multiplayer as merely a launching point for DLC and that they are oblivious to fact that multiplayer makes CoD.

Well considering that since MP is a "FREE" add on you really have nothing to complain about.  It's their game.  You didn't pay for a "FREE" Add on so you don't get to really tell them what they should do to their game.

• 59. Re: Why I am not complaining...
    gallp13

Played today.

Butter smooth. 

Dominated.

Love this game.

1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next