1 589 590 591 592 593 Previous Next 6,020 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2013 12:07 AM by kastro187420 Go to original post RSS
  • 5,900. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    Asynchrony

Could someone please check how players with map packs 1,2 and 4 are matchmade in TDM etc (excluding Face Off). In theory they should be matched into the same games as Elite Premium and those with all 4 packs because 3 only has Face Off MP maps.

Anything that will increase the numbers on the complete set of full MP maps for better matchmaking would be appreciated. It was nice to see all the maps on sale over Christmas, but a shame it was only one day and not widely publicized. I didn't even find out about it until after the event so I couldn't even pimp it on some of the forums I use.

• 5,901. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    eko

IW is done with MW3.

No nerfs/buffs/fixes.

Thats it. Done.

This is all thats on their mind right now -  Twitter / InfinityWard: Call of Doggie: Night Vision ...

But hey...MW4 is gonna be great! No really! Buy it sheep!*

I should get a job at IW.

• 5,902. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    kastro187420

Yeah, we shouldn't kid ourselves at this point. Updates are done. In 11 months we're going to see MW4 released. In about 5 or 6 months we're going to see some of the first details about the game, probably 6 months at E3. A month or two later, we'll see the MP reveal (August), and then through Sept and October we'll see more details until the game releases as they build the hype.

This means that the next 6 months or so is really going to be crunch time for the teams, they simply don't have time to focus on MW3 too much more. Of course after 6 months they'll still be working on it, but these next 6 months are going to be rather important as they get the game ready for presentation at E3 (and we all know it's going to happen).

Now might be a good time to start pressing for a Public Beta and Dedicated Servers for consoles. Start the discussion as early as possible.

• 5,903. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    3barconspiracy

i appreciate all of IW s work and time on this game, but i just cant deal with 3 bar laggers bragging about +600 or more moabs on their gametag and thinking how cool they re, while when u meet them ingame they re at least 1 second ahead of everyone.
    i also cant deal with matchmaking putting together people from Canada, Europe and California together in 1 lobby, but this should be adresssed to Microsoft, who doesnt even pretend like they care about it, even we have to pay for xbox live...
    from all things i saw from release of MW3 till now, i have to think that lag compensation is tuned for majority of players, which coudlnt even afford basic internet connection, and that s it and nobody will ever do anything about it. sad but true. so far this is my last FPS game, and if this crap will continue i am done with FPS games, there s no fun in playing something what doesnt have equal rules for every player. i really wonder where this series will end, when good hosts will leave and all u will got for hosting a game, will be some unstable crappy connection. wanna see that day come

• 5,904. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    JBurn244

After putting some time on Black Ops II, it's quite easy to see (for me) that the 'lag comp' stuff in MW3 definitely improved over time. The lag/sync issues in BO2 are out of control. As consistently bad as it is, I feel like it was only *that* bad on MW3 every once in awhile, and a lot less near the end of the game.

• 5,905. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    3barconspiracy

no games found in Mercenary mode on Elite playlists
    searching for ava... No games found messages going for like 5mins

• 5,906. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    vims1990

3barconspiracy wrote:

no games found in Mercenary mode on Elite playlists
    searching for ava... No games found messages going for like 5mins

Just out of curiousity, how many players are still playing MW3?

Reason I ask is that if there's barely anyone playing MW3 & you're looking for a match on a low populated playlist, you'll struggle to find a match.

Back when MW3 was the latest COD title, I struggled to find matches with the DLC option switched on therefore I had to switch it off to even find a match.

• 5,907. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    vims1990

kastro187420 wrote:

Start the discussion as early as possible.

Communication before MW3 launched was one of the problems between the dev team and the community. It is critical that IW and whoever is working with them to start communicating once they announce their next title.

I can commend IW on how they improved on communicating with us a couple of months after MW3 released BUT I'm asking that they do this as well before they launch their new COD title.

• 5,908. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Discussion
    ChestSplittah

Please keep interaction up before the game is released and during.