1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next 87 Replies Latest reply: Jul 3, 2013 1:52 AM by WiimotesRus02 Go to original post RSS
  • 80. Re: Patch Update
    OFCPaul1974

i get about 1ms to 3ms jitter!!! i'm with talk talk, however that pintest site says you will always have some jitter over the internet so it's amazing they have none! maybe fibre optic is different? fibre her in the UK as far as I know is only in major cities and south of the UK!

BT plan to role out faster broadband between now and 2015! but it's not cheap i.e £20-£30 a month! Talk Talk trying to dign me to 12 month contract with unlimited usage for £3.50 a month!

Does a new fancy router help?? mine is 6 years old

• 81. Re: Patch Update
    OFCPaul1974

Yeah nice! good one.. Team killer

• 82. Re: Patch Update

OFCPaul1974 wrote:

Does a new fancy router help?? mine is 6 years old

Yes, it does. And they lose effiency after 2yrs too, so i've been told by an I.T engineer..

• 83. Re: Patch Update

Well with sky you can only use Sky routers - so im stuck with this. I looked into routers when I couldnt get open nat, but I managed to get a DMZ so im open now

I was with talktalk, and the gaming was fine, speed was about 13 down , same as now, but ping was like 15. Thing was, we had to leave them coz the customer service was shocking, and the only thing that would work with the wifi was the wii!! Laptop, blackberrys, ipods etc wouldnt locate the signal - talktalk said it was our equipment, which it clearly wasnt as they connected to our previous orange wifi fine, and now connect to our sky signal fine too. I had engineer form talktalk out and he simply said he had no idea why we couldnt connect, but he thought blackberrys and ipods didnt use wifi - and im like WTF!

So we left. We previously left orange, after 8 years, as the bill date always was the middle of the month and was a pain regarding sorting the bills, so we tried to change the bill date, and they wouldnt let us, massive argument ensued, and we moved on.

• 84. Re: Patch Update

A new router wont help your speed or your ping FACT. Its just the means to an end, its the output at the isp`s  end, and thats nothing to do with your router - and the ping is to do with the provider who does the internet for your telephone exchange, again not router orientated.  Of course if you have a faulty router then yeah it will, lol

• 85. Re: Patch Update

onlyUSEmeMARIO wrote:

A new router wont help your speed or your ping FACT. Its just the means to an end, its the output at the isp`s  end, and thats nothing to do with your router - and the ping is to do with the provider who does the internet for your telephone exchange, again not router orientated.  Of course if you have a faulty router then yeah it will, lol

Not entirely correct, some routers are simply not suitable for gaming, you have to buy one that says on the box if its suitable for gaming. It either has something to do with signal range, or processing speed. If its old, then it starts to lose effiency. I had this problem with an old router. Then one day a lightening strike near the house killed it, so I had to get a new one. It was heaps better..

• 86. Re: Patch Update

Who got the lightning strike?

• 87. Re: Patch Update

UK server

http://www.pingtest.net/result/76069343.png

USA DC server

http://www.pingtest.net/result/76069066.png

USA LA server

http://www.pingtest.net/result/76068957.png

Nothing wrong with my internet.

I get put host when i am the only UK player in a lobby full of usa players.

• 88. Re: Patch Update

Yeah the 95ping and 165ping is where your lags coming from.

Ive been pulling host too lately, with my ping I always get booted though halfway thru and they do a host migration

• 89. Re: Patch Update
    BCCSinCARA

FINALLY! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next