7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 26, 2013 11:19 AM by DarkxAngel20 RSS

Help with MW3 killstreaks

DarkxAngel20

So I've been playing mw3 for about a few months now, but my best killstreak is only 3. I'm trying to get to at least 4 (hardline) so that I can unlock predator missile, but everytime I get to 3 kills, I die before getting the 4th kill. I use a type 95 with kick and silencer, and I use a skorpion as a secondary weapon. I have marksman and hardline on. My assault package is uav>predator missile>assault drone. Can someone help me or give me some helpful tips on how I can improve my killstreak? Thnx!

• Re: Help with MW3 killstreaks
    frats74

Use Blind Eye Perk, keep the Hardline perk, keep the Type 95 as Primary, use the Stinger Missile Launcher as Secondary. This way you can either kill 4, or kill 2 and Destroy 2 UAV's (or any AI killstreaks that doesn't use sunburst flares) to get your Pred Missile.

I suggest changing your killstreaks to something with smaller gaps between them becasue Assault Drone requires 10 kills (9 with Hardline), that's 5 kills above a Pred Missile. A better set up for you at the moment would be UAV>Care Package>Pred Missile (3,4,5 kills). When you feel like you've gotten better, you can change your Killstreak to Pred Missile>Precision Airstrike>Attack Helicopter (5,6,7 kills), or to anything you'd like to try.

Good luck!

DarkxAngel20

Thnx for the help! I don't have the sting launcher unlocked yet. I'm thinking of unlocking the xm 25 launcher and try it out as a secondary weapon. Is that good?

DarkxAngel20

I don't have the sting launcher yet. I'm lvl 41 currently, and I was thinking of unlocking the xm 25 and try it out as a secondary weapon. I heard it was pretty good for a launcher. I can do at least 4 - 5 kills per match(not consecutive kills tho). Thnx for the help!

frats74

DarkxAngel20 wrote:

I don't have the sting launcher yet. I'm lvl 41 currently, and I was thinking of unlocking the xm 25 and try it out as a secondary weapon. I heard it was pretty good for a launcher. I can do at least 4 - 5 kills per match(not consecutive kills tho). Thnx for the help!

Because the Grenade Launcher has been "Nerfed" since Black Ops, launchers like M320 GLM and the regular grenade launcher attachment for guns now require you to hit the enemy twice to get a kill; using the Slight of Hand Perk is almost a requirement. If you're lucky enough to target an enemy that's been already hit, one shot is all you would need.

For the XM 25 it will take you at least three hits to get a kill. There will be times because of its better fire rate than regular grenade launchers you can get a multikill.

To level up faster, I suggest using Recon Perk with the XM 25 and use it as a Paint Ball Gun to paint your enemies so your teammates can see them on the HUD.

Message was edited by: frats74