38 Replies Latest reply: Jan 27, 2013 7:34 PM by killa-kelli97 RSS

My rank reset back to level 1

Glitchmuch
I joined a server and got kicked before I could choose a class, rejoined same server and I couldn't choose any classes but the default ones and my rank was level 1.

Please tell me there is a fix for this?  Can I get a rollback?

I have 10 days played, level 15 prestige...I refuse to start over...I leveled up ghost and hacker to pro 15 times...
10 DAYS PLAYED!!!!!!!!

Someone please tell me the best route to get this fixed.

My playercard. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUmJmL9NlMk
  • Re: My rank reset back to level 1
    I have the exact same problem except I was just at level 50, 0 prestige. I can't find a fix what-so-ever and all I can say is that we might just have to wait for the patch for a fix for something. I e-mailed treyarche about this but got no response and neither JD 2020 nor DavidVonderhaarreply to tweets asking about that. So I don't know how long it will take for this to be fixed. Hopefully soon
    =CNR=Ozzy
    10 days prestige 15?????
    Glitchmuch

=CNR=Ozzy wrote:

10 days prestige 15?????

I think it may be more but I can't look at my player card...
    =CNR=Ozzy
    Prestige 15 is the highest level, i think you mean you are prestige1 level 15?
    Glitchmuch

=CNR=Ozzy wrote:

Prestige 15 is the highest level, i think you mean you are prestige1 level 15?

Use common sense....10 days+ played and only 1st prestige? Are you trolling me?

I was max level... The game has been out for 2 months bro...
    =CNR=Ozzy
    Man you say i played 10 days en then prestige level 15???
    Maybe thats why youve been resetted.
    I am not trolling you do....

Well nevermind good luck with it :shock:
    Glitchmuch

=CNR=Ozzy wrote:

Man you say i played 10 days en then prestige level 15???
    Maybe thats why youve been resetted.
    I am not trolling you do....

Well nevermind good luck with it :shock:

It got reset somehow when the server disconnected me, nobody "reset" me...
    IluvMeekakitty
    do you play this game for 10 days now or is your play time 10 days ??

have you bin on a fast exp server ??

didn't you join a ..... server  at ..... mode where you only play with the basic wapons and your lvl 1 ??
    Glitchmuch

IluvMeekakitty wrote:

do you play this game for 10 days now or is your play time 10 days ??

have you bin on a fast exp server ??

didn't you join a ..... server  at ..... mode where you only play with the basic wapons and your lvl 1 ??

Over 10 play time days 60k kills... I been max level for over a week... All 24/7 nuketowns is fast exp...? How the hell do I know if there glitched or not...
    p00n

Glitchmuch wrote:

Over 10 play time days 60k kills... I been max level for over a week... All 24/7 nuketowns is fast exp...? How the hell do I know if there glitched or not...

I think you would notice the difference had you joined a fastXP server 
    =CNR=Ozzy
    Well your name says enough sire: Glitchmuch
    Glitchmuch

=CNR=Ozzy wrote:

Well your name says enough sire: Glitchmuch

Yea bro you cracked the case, I have glitch in my name, I'm a terrible person...

Like seriously go troll elsewhere bum.
    fastjaw24
    Just kinda curious what mental disorder does =CNR=Ozzy and IluvMeekakitty suffer from cause i couldnt quite pinpoint if it was Down Syndrome or Cerebral Palsy. They cant seem to spell right or assemble words that hardly make sense into something called a sentence. Nor comprehend anything that is going on in this forum post.

So Im going to talk  V......E......R......Y      S.....L......O......W for the retards so they can comprehend. And ill try to tone down any words over 4 letters long for them so they dont get confused.

He Prestige 15(not 1)
    He play for 10 days total play time(not bought the game 10 days ago)
    15 Prestiges divide 10 days = 16 hours per prestige(very easily done by any decent player)
    He no join fast xp server he max when it got reset

Hope i explained that in the simplest of terms for the simplest of minds.

This post is about how to maybe fix a reset to level 1 and anyone who may have had this problem not for some retard to talk about his prestige not being legit just cause your a bad player and it takes you a year to get to max prestige.

I got to max prestige 2 days ago finally and I have about 9 days played and I have a 2.6 w/l and a 3 plus k/d which makes it go faster then most people and if i had to guess i bet the two retards up top have a losing w/l record and under a 1.0 k/d if not half that.

So unless you have anything constructive to say really you should not post especially when you look like an idiot doing so.

P.S. They really should have a short IQ test to prevent people like that from posting.
    I don't see what the OP's problem is, so it just means that not only did you hit Prestige 15, but now when you get to do it again, you will have bragging rights to say that you did it twice.
    HellacoolNSDQ-3

DBD_LOBO wrote:

I don't see what the OP's problem is, so it just means that not only did you hit Prestige 15, but now when you get to do it again, you will have bragging rights to say that you did it twice.

And maybe not cheat to do it this time, enjoy the reset 
    rawtoast

fastjaw24 wrote:

Just kinda curious what mental disorder does =CNR=Ozzy and IluvMeekakitty suffer from cause i couldnt quite pinpoint if it was Down Syndrome or Cerebral Palsy. They cant seem to spell right or assemble words that hardly make sense into something called a sentence. Nor comprehend anything that is going on in this forum post.

So Im going to talk  V......E......R......Y      S.....L......O......W for the retards so they can comprehend. And ill try to tone down any words over 4 letters long for them so they dont get confused.

He Prestige 15(not 1)
    He play for 10 days total play time(not bought the game 10 days ago)
    15 Prestiges divide 10 days = 16 hours per prestige(very easily done by any decent player)
    He no join fast xp server he max when it got reset

Hope i explained that in the simplest of terms for the simplest of minds.

This post is about how to maybe fix a reset to level 1 and anyone who may have had this problem not for some retard to talk about his prestige not being legit just cause your a bad player and it takes you a year to get to max prestige.

I got to max prestige 2 days ago finally and I have about 9 days played and I have a 2.6 w/l and a 3 plus k/d which makes it go faster then most people and if i had to guess i bet the two retards up top have a losing w/l record and under a 1.0 k/d if not half that.

So unless you have anything constructive to say really you should not post especially when you look like an idiot doing so.

P.S. They really should have a short IQ test to prevent people like that from posting.

yes iv'e been playing nuketown 24/7 servers lately, i can't pinpoint the exact  time, but it does seem like i prestige pretty fast, definitely under 16 hrs..

anyway who knows how they run/admin this game, all i know is they have theater mode & an area to report players for cheating, glitching, etc etc.. so maybe players did report him while he was doing something like glitching (hence his name), and instead of a perma ban they (3arc) reviewed him, seen him glitching & that's why stats are reset... who knows... but just remember if he were glitching & players reported him, i would think some sort of action would be taken against him.. so he should think it over.. did he ever glitch?? this applies for anyone else who's had their stats reset...

I would think If you were reported as a glitch & it's confirmed by 3arc, i doubt they just sit there & say oh cool we have a player exploiting a glitch..  I also doubt they contact the player to say "hey we have evidence of you using a map glitch please stop using it"... what does make sense is every time you are caught glitching 3arc just reset your stats.. lol
    lw-dragon
    1 Prestige level can be accomplished on legitmate servers in as little as 15 hours. This is documented on the web in quite a few different places. Yes, that might mean playing 24/7 Nuketown DM/TDM/DOM games but it is legitmately possible.

So 15 hours X 15 Prestiges' = 225 hours. His 10 days X 24 hours = 240 hours; meaning his claim is legitimately possible.

As to why it got reset; there is no explanation to be had. Just like the many other people that have had rank resets at various different levels of the game and sometimes multiple times - there has been nothing said from Treyarch about what is causing it or if they are even looking into it.

I had the same problem yesterday night:

I was Prestige 5 level 37 and having a night of fun playing Call of Duty Black Ops. That is, until a certain moment. I came to join a server and the map loaded as usual. But then when I popped into the game I was kicked straightaway, without even selecting a class to play with.
    I returned to the Black Ops main menu and I was Prestige 0 lvl 1!!!!! OMG 
    Now the weird thing is that I still have my clan tag, custom playercard, and I also still have my AK74u and m16 custom class, with custom reticle and everything.
    When I joined a server again, I also came to the conclusion that I still have my napalm strike, chopper gunner and gunship equipped.
    In short, I still have everything, the only thing that changed is my prestige and level.
    I also made a move so for you guys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gI5dK3nZbk
    So it's good to know that you're not the only one mate.
    I hope treyarc fixes this soon.
    And concerning the quick prestige thing, I've played I think around 75-80 hours of in game time and that was enough to get to prestige 5 lvl 37 so that is around  13,5 hours per prestige which is possible if you play 24/7 nuketown HC Demolition with my killstreaks (mentioned above).
    Grtz
    a sleeping dog
    On our servers we have several reserved slots available for members.  If the server is full and a member joins a reserved, obviously a pubber is kicked.  When that kicked pubber gets into another server, it shows that they are back to square one according to weapons and stats.  This happened to me last night when another member joined our server and it kicked me.  I had to exit out of the game, exit out of steam, and then start the game back up in order for everything to go back to normal.  But it did go back to normal.  IF you did all of that and your **** is still reset...well, that sucks.
    What is wrong with you people. 15th prestige in 10 days of playtime is not that big a deal and definitely doesn't imply cheating. I'm not a great player, but I'm on pace to get something like that. I'm halfway through 7th prestige with 4.5 days of play time. I've only played on a handful of servers, none were rank up, and none were "randomly joined". Give the guy a break. How would you like to lose what is effectively 240+ hours of effort?
    Bas|Gaz

a sleeping dog wrote:

On our servers we have several reserved slots available for members.  If the server is full and a member joins a reserved, obviously a pubber is kicked.  When that kicked pubber gets into another server, it shows that they are back to square one according to weapons and stats.  This happened to me last night when another member joined our server and it kicked me.  I had to exit out of the game, exit out of steam, and then start the game back up in order for everything to go back to normal.  But it did go back to normal.  IF you did all of that and your **** is still reset...well, that sucks.

I tried everything: restarting the game, restarting steam, restarting my PC, switch internet connection on and off, tried it at a friends (different IP adress). Nothing worked..
    I'm just f*ckin screwed up 
    Glitchmuch
    I don't understand just because I'm max level, it does not mean that I glitched it.... THE GAME HAS BEEN OUT FOR 2 MONTHS...

60k kills, 19k deaths, 2.96 kd ratio, 90% nuketown... It's not hard to hit max level if your half descent.

Anyway here is 2 reponses from Activision:

Thank you for contacting Activision! Any sort of interrupted communication that occurs when the game is processing or updating stats can result in a reset or rollback; It's generally due to factors beyond your control. The servers will have to work to retrieve your stats, and this may take some time. This is no estimated time for the retrieval.

-Maurice Sutton, Activision Support

Hello & Thank you for contacting Activision!

Unfortunately, we are unable to change ranks or stats in any way.

Edward Keeley

Still waiting on a reply from treyarch, they should just roll me back because this is BS.

You think I glitch/cheat? Give me your steam name I'll add you so you can watch my theater...

It pisses me off the stats are saved server side, there is no way for me to fix it myself,
    Who makes a game and doesn't put a way to fix a stat reset?  They know this is going to happen...
    TREYARCH GO FIND MY STATS AND ROLL THEM BACK.

Glitchmuch wrote:

Any sort of interrupted communication that occurs when the game is processing or updating stats can result in a reset or rollback; It's generally due to factors beyond your control. The servers will have to work to retrieve your stats, and this may take some time. This is no estimated time for the retrieval.

Yep, every time my game gives me a spinning wheel telling me it's download stats or the game glitches and tells me I'm level 1 0th prestige after a match, I am worried I'll lose all my progress. I don't trust their programming enough to have faith that they can ever recover my profile. Still given how prestige hacking was so darn easy in other games, and how I consider prestige hacking a gateway cheat, I'd still rather the stats be server side than client side.
    Siupabaika

Glitchmuch wrote:

I don't understand just because I'm max level, it does not mean that I glitched it.... THE GAME HAS BEEN OUT FOR 2 MONTHS...

60k kills, 19k deaths, 2.96 kd ratio, 90% nuketown... It's not hard to hit max level if your half descent.

Anyway here is 2 reponses from Activision:

Thank you for contacting Activision! Any sort of interrupted communication that occurs when the game is processing or updating stats can result in a reset or rollback; It's generally due to factors beyond your control. The servers will have to work to retrieve your stats, and this may take some time. This is no estimated time for the retrieval.

-Maurice Sutton, Activision Support

Hello & Thank you for contacting Activision!

Unfortunately, we are unable to change ranks or stats in any way.

Edward Keeley

Still waiting on a reply from treyarch, they should just roll me back because this is BS.

You think I glitch/cheat? Give me your steam name I'll add you so you can watch my theater...

It pisses me off the stats are saved server side, there is no way for me to fix it myself,
    Who makes a game and doesn't put a way to fix a stat reset?  They know this is going to happen...
    TREYARCH GO FIND MY STATS AND ROLL THEM BACK.

May I ask you how did you contact Activision? I have the exact same problem, but I was at prestige 6...
    Glitchmuch
    I contacted Activision on this site:
    http://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/activision.cfg/php/enduser/home.php?p_si d=MkJ259kk

It won't do no good tho, I guess they can't help us, Treyarch needs to wake up and fix this for us...
    Siupabaika
    Furthermore I have tons of games recorded with theater mode, they have the proof I was at 6th prestige, if there is a way, they must fix this bug. If they say they can't access user's stats data, they're lying, since on this post (http://community.callofduty.com/thread/100341470 it's written they can reset the rank if they catch someone boosting... I don't know if Activision or Treyarch, but one of them MUST be able to fix this by accessing user's stats data.
    Glitchmuch

Siupabaika wrote:

Furthermore I have tons of games recorded with theater mode, they have the proof I was at 6th prestige, if there is a way, they must fix this bug. If they say they can't access user's stats data, they're lying, since on this post (http://community.callofduty.com/thread/100341470 it's written they can reset the rank if they catch someone boosting... I don't know if Activision or Treyarch, but one of them MUST be able to fix this by accessing user's stats data.

Your right, common sense would lead you to believe if they can reset you for glitching, they could re-reset us and fix this terrible rank reset problem...

Does Treyarch have a phone number? Anyone have JD's cell?

How is it legal to put out a game and ignore the customers?  This is a blockbuster game that just came out 2 months ago, you would think we'd get some support.

I guess since we are on PC, we must all have rank glitched, were lying, there is no rank reset bug, we have to be dirty cheaters.
    Siupabaika

Glitchmuch wrote:

I contacted Activision on this site:
    http://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/activision.cfg/php/enduser/home.php?p_sid =MkJ259kk

It won't do no good tho, I guess they can't help us, Treyarch needs to wake up and fix this for us...

I contactd them. All they can say is "Your stats can only be moved forward from where it is". Pretty useless. Now... Treyarch wake up! Fix this! (do you know how can I contact Treyarch?)
    matuzz
    I have been reset back to level 1, 3 times.
    Now when I go to main menu and see oh I'm level 1 great, I exit the game and exit the steam right after I get in to desktop.
    Then I open steam again and start the game and I have always got my levels back. I guess its some sorth of bug.
    k9red4ever
    it happened to me just now ...
    i was prestige 4 level 36 and now i'm prestige 2 level 19 ... oooo ****!
    my kdr is not the same ... all the weapon stats have been ... replaced!? (killstreaks, classes, playercard are the same)
    Siupabaika
    It's like you get the stats of another player... One day I remember i got UPGRADED to prestige 6, but this was only inside the game... When I went into main menu I was level 1, but when I joined a server everything was back to normal (I was still at prestige 3-4, I don't remember clearly)... instead the last day I got definitely downgraded to level 1 prestige 0 unable to buy anything. My game is gone until a rank hack comes out
    k9red4ever
    I contacted Activision on the issue; here's what they said:

I wrote:

What happened to my rank and stats?

One minute I was prestige 4 - level 36  the next ... prestige 2 - level 19.
    All of my weapon stats seem to have been changed; from Kill Death Ratio to Contracts.
    Stuff unaffected: Killstreaks, Playercard, Classes.
    Steam account: k9red4ever
    Black Ops nickname: red dog

I am attaching the latest screenshot I took a while ago for proving that I am not supposed to be ranked prestige 2 with 0.6 total KDR. That sucks big time.

Please reply ASAP.

Activision wrote:

Hello and thank you for contacting Activision Technical Support,

Your stats cannot be restored if they have been reset. Unfortunately we cannot restore your stats information as we do not have access or the ability to change user's stats information. Your stats can only be progressed forward from its current point.

Are you able to connect to an online match currently?

I wrote:

Thank you for the quick reply.
    Yes, I can join any multiplayer match.

So ... there's no way to recover the lost stats?
    It would have been better if everything was retested to 0, but it seems that the stats are completely random and bad, thus making the game useless and I am not playing it anymore.

You guys and Treyarch should really will fix this (because I'm not the only one)
    I would like to think of 3 outcomes to this problem:
    1. Successfully recover my stats.
    2. .. or at least reset everything back to 0.
    3. Refund the game with founds in steam wallet.

Anything else is totally unaccepted.

Activision wrote:

Hello,

Your stats should be progressed from its current point if you aren't experiencing any problems when attempting to connect online at the moment. Unfortunately, there is no way to restore your stats information if it has been lost. Let us know if you experience any problems when playing online or ranking up.

If you would like to obtain a refund for the game, then the game will need to be returned to the retailer where it was purchased from for a refund as Activision does not act as the merchant of the product. It would be up to the discretion of the retailer as to whether or not to refund your product.

Next: Contacting Treyarch Community Manager; JD_2020 on twitter
    YouShallPerish
    lol i got prestige 14 in like 230 hrs ez mode when ur good, but **** prestige 15 it looks ugly
    Glitchmuch
    Ok I made a twitter account sadly, I click on one of his tweets and hit reply, will he see this??  What's the most efficient way to contact him?
    k9red4ever
    All you have to do is type: @JD_2020 "your message" (all of this in 140 char limit). When you use @ in front of a username you are mentioning that person, so if he is not looking under the mentions tab he will not see your request. Also twitter has made it so that you can't send a Direct Message to someone until you follow them and they follow you back ... Anyway, here's what I said:

I wrote:

@JD_2020 my black ops stats have been changed randomly. any way we can talk more in depth about this? please reply.

No response yet.

Activision Twitter Support Team:
    @ATVI_Amber
    @ATVI_Bernard
    @ATVI_Randolph
  • Update
    k9red4ever
    JD_2020 did not respond on twitter so I sent my question to all 3 members of Activision Twitter Support Team:
    @ATVI_Amber
    @ATVI_Bernard
    @ATVI_Randolph

1 of them responded:

@ATVI_Amber wrote:

@k9red4ever Hello Good morning. Did you contact me on a different account as well? What platform, please?

I wrote:

@ATVI_Amber platform-PC. i mentioned my request to all 3 twitter support members.also contacted activ support- recieved unsatisfying answer.

@ATVI_Amber wrote:

@k9red4ever Will you please give me your incident number from when you contacted us?

I wrote:

@ATVI_Amber Incident: 110116-000102

@ATVI_Amber wrote:

@k9red4ever I have sent you a response.

Here is her response on the support thread: (which I posted above)

Activision wrote:

Hello Cosmin,

While the answer you recieved was absolutely correct as to our ability to restore stats currently, we are going to forward your information along to the supervisors to be looked into further. If more information becomes available on your account, you will get an email.

Then I updated my question:

I wrote:

So just to clarify this; unlike other users who are “lucky” enough to get their stats reset to zero, I had my stats changed, apparently with those of some other player - without noticing when it really happened.

It is clear to me that my stats cannot be recovered; OK, I can live with that. But at least I would like someone to delete/reset my stuff so that I can start all over again, level1-prestige0, not to continue with some random bad stats.

Since you already said that you “do not have access or the ability to change user's stats information”, which I totally understand - Treyarch should be able to do that, but they don’t have a well-established customer support and they redirect users to Activision.

I hope I made myself much clearer. And thank you for looking into this further; I appreciate you forwarding this to supervisors (hopefully someone who can actually hit the delete/reset button on my profile).

I wrote:

@ATVI_Amber Thank you very much for the response. I have updated the question with additional info. Incident: 110116-000102

@ATVI_Amber wrote:

@k9red4ever Thanks much. It's with the supervisors. No promises, as we really aren't able to change it back.

Next: Waiting I guess ...

i was a 40 i think and it said i was on probation then it bump me down to a 1 what does that mean?