31 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2013 2:55 PM by killabig RSS

Took a month break, and still no patch to fix this game.

killabig

Honestly, i just played the game last night after not playing it for a month. It took only 2 games to see that nothing was done to fix the lag issues in this game. Yes i went there - The game has major Lag compensation issues, and the worst part is half of the people do not know it exists, and will deny it in your face with some smart-As comment stating how one is no good at the game. Honestly, i can pop in any COD game from Cod4-Mw3, and enjoy it, and feel like i actually have a chance in every gun fight. The difference is very noticable for an experienced player when comparing BO2 to the previous games. It's constantly the same issues, Aiming being off when popping in with the LT, Usually taking from 3-4 shots for hits to start registering on my screen, Players killing me very quickly and when looking at the killcam, it was obvious that in their screen i appeared way before they appeared on mine, giving them the upper hand -When bumping in to players, turning around and spraying first others always manage to drop me. I mean the list goes on, and only those who have played COD enough time, and are facing these issues will understand me. There is no Router configuration that can fix this, it is the game itself that needs fixing. Not to mention the fact that no network alterations should be necessary on my part, a game should be as easy as pop-in and play.

• Re: Took a month break, and still no patch to fix this game.
    trialstardragon

There is no fix for the lag, there is not now or ever going to be a magic fix that makes it go away for everyone ever. There will always be some form of lag in this game.

starbuckfrack

The reason is TWO reasons.

1. The cant fix lag, only tweak it. It will work better for some and worse for others.

2. The issues you are experiencing are internet related and not game related. They said this basically in Black Ops 1 when they said it was all in our heads.

what do you expect a FIX ALL option ?

Its funny he we all play the same game but people still blame something else besides themselves called lag because they suck.

killabig

It's funny how ignorant you are, but what's even funnier is that you proved  my point  in the first post, and that is that some players will deny the issues in this game and make idiotic comments such as your "still blame something else besides themselves called lag because they suck." comment. After reading that all i do is laugh internally as to how closed minded you are and how you live in your own little world where you're good and anyone who complains is bad. I laugh internally knowing that if i ever came across you in an online match in an even playing field, where we both can see each other, and react at the same time, i would tare you apart.

But it's okay keep on living in that world Oh and my issues are internet related? pfffft shows how much you know about networking.. but i'm not even going to get into that. Not worth it.

starbuckfrack

killabig wrote:

It's funny how ignorant you are, but what's even funnier is that you proved  my point  in the first post, and that is that some players will deny the issues in this game and make idiotic comments such as your "still blame something else besides themselves called lag because they suck." comment. After reading that all i do is laugh internally as to how closed minded you are and how you live in your own little world where you're good and anyone who complains is bad. I laugh internally knowing that if i ever came across you in an online match in an even playing field, where we both can see each other, and react at the same time, i would tare you apart.

But it's okay keep on living in that world Oh and my issues are internet related? pfffft shows how much you know about networking.. but i'm not even going to get into that. Not worth it.

Who denied the isses in the game ?

who said I was good ?

I know tons about networking, I am a programmer.

If you knew how to read I didnt say the games problems were internet related. I said that THEY COULD SAY the problems were internet related like they said in Black Ops 1.

Good post until the last sentence.

Treyarch cannot fix lag for everyone. But they can fix the way it behaves.

Other games cope with lag better because it is predictable and more consistent. It does not change from game to game, or minute to minute.

If you have poor internet or ping, you will lag more. These players can adjust their game style to suit their connection. Or they can choose servers that they have better connections to. And if this fails, the player feels responsible (their internet is poor, they chose a bad server).

In BO2 every game has different lag for each player, and inconsistency is the heart of rage. And the worst part is there is no power to the player to choose their servers, thus full responsibility for a bad connection is then placed on the game (and the developers).

starbuckfrack

Arti4 wrote:

Good post until the last sentence.

Treyarch cannot fix lag for everyone. But they can fix the way it behaves.

Other games cope with lag better because it is predictable and more consistent. It does not change from game to game, or minute to minute.

If you have poor internet or ping, you will lag more. These players can adjust their game style to suit their connection. Or they can choose servers that they have better connections to. And if this fails, the player feels responsible (their internet is poor, they chose a bad server).

In BO2 every game has different lag for each player, and inconsistency is the heart of rage. And the worst part is there is no power to the player to choose their servers, thus full responsibility for a bad connection is then placed on the game (and the developers).

No its not. Read the fine print on the back. They do not have to support any portion the online portion of the game.

That is their loophole.

They are not obliged to support any portion of the game no. But they are partly responsible for the way it plays.

Regardless, my comment was intended to say players will inevitably blame the game / developers 100% given that players have no power over their connection variables (or at least the variables that may provide a "good" connection in BO2).

WAR x BORN

starbucksfrack, you are an example of the stupid casual player that has no idea what he is talking about. The lag comp in this game is far worse than any other COD. I can put in any other COD right now and play fine. Just because you're on crappy DSL connection doesn't mean everyone else is. Anyone with high speed internet (comcast cable, etc) will experience unplayable lag comp. 9 out of 10 games I get into are unplayable. I've been playing since cod2. I know bull crap when i see it. Treyarch has purposely enforced lag on players with greater connection as an attempt to even out the playing field. Most people who play this game do NOT have as fast internet as me and a lot of other players. Most of have slow to normal DSL speeds. It's called appealing to the masses... Treyarch wants to keep most of their fanbase so they made the game to benefit towards them. Now go back to playing your little teamdeath match pub game and get your stupid diamond camo. You have no idea what you are talking about. I promise.

nicedrewishfela

You are surprised they didn't fix the internet while you were gone?

have you tried setting your matchmaking settings to BEST connection that helped me alot i am talking about xbox live not pc or router settings its easy go to PLAYLIST and press X then choose connection if im not mistaking mw3 and blackops 2 just has started this

my advice to the OP, just sell the game and be done with it.

I don't think it ever will be fixed, not because (like some say it can't be fixed) but because the guys don't know what they are doing. I don't think they even know exactly what the problem is we talk about.

another thing that has crossed my mind lately is that they purposely engineered the game to run like this.

I think a lot of  people do experience the issue, more then many think.  it's just that people have got use to it or joined the cod series in the last 3 games and think it's the norm.

One example, I was playing with a friend the other day who I use to see almost everynight playing in past cod games, but now only comes on like once in a while. very good player right from Cod4.

Anyway we got talking and I pointed out how horrible the game was because of the lag comp etc.  They said they had not noticed any lag problems etc.  Then they went on to say they had not been online as much and joining me and my crew because they only play hardcore now and we still play core a lot.   I asked why they had a problem with core because in the past it was never an issue. Then they went on to explain all the very same problems that we complain about with lagcomp.

Anway, for old time sake they agreed to play a few games with us, just normal TD,  within like a min or two of the game starting they were raging and said they just couldn't do it so we went and played hardcore instead.

I see friends come on blackops2 and see them in a game lobby and like after the first game they jump off and play BF or something.  They are not the type to come on here and complain but everyone I talk to does have issues with this game and it always seems to be the same issues even though they don't call it lag etc.

I am only playing to max out my prestiege and then I am done with it. i just figure I may as well get my $$ worth, but thats it. 

prncdamd

Not everyone has the issue, I had lag for the 1st 2months but since the latest patch iv occassionally come across a lobby that is laggy but that is due to who iv been matched with and iv said it a number of times it wont be everyone that lags it will be a couple of people.

Someone from my clan jumped in a game against us yday trying to get on our team, we were all saying that the game was laggy and he said that the other teams connection was ahead of our teams by a couple of secs as we were getting shot round corners and constantly getting insta-kill before anyone appeared on my screen.

that right there is the problem. 

some people do get it, some people don't. 

The thing is for a lot of us who do get it, it's not just one or two games, it's 9 out of 10 or more... And then for the people who don't seem to get it, they will say they maybe have 1 or 2 games that are a bit laggy and the rest are fine.

So most of the time they are on the good end of it and just see it as the game runs well and they just have the odd game thats a little iffy...

for us on the other side, every game is horrible which is why we are complaining so much.

It does have something to do with our connection to some extent, but it's not as simple as "oh it's because you have crappy internet".   and when people go on like oh it's because you suck, well of course thats just going to upset those affected more.  When you can put in any past cod game or any other online game and have a better experience, you can see why some of us do not want to put up with it.

I had the same problems with Blop1 and MW3 and I got rid of both those games after a few months, this game was actually work fine for me at launch and since the updates it's got worse so now it's following them back to pre-owned shelf.

the issue can be fixed, or improved because they managed to do that with MW3.  I played it recently and it played much, much better then it did at launch, not perfect or as good as Cod4 but better then it was at launch, so it is something that can be improved.  When the dev's say there is no problem though, even though past games have had the issue and fixed it, well why should be want to be reasonable about it?

anyway, i am done.  No more Cod games for me. I will hold out to see what Respawn come up with.

Ss78_

That must have been a pleasant rage free month .

They either don't know how to even it up or don't want to accept they've got it wrong. We've waited for some patches to come out and they haven't fixed it or acknowledged that there's an issue.

Countless complaints on these forums, youtube, other forums, in game chat, bio's and sent to support/twitter. Oh yeah it's all in our heads, it's the internet, it's our isp, it's the runaround is what it is.

Let them disbelieve, we know what's what and if they want to stay part of the problem and don't want to be part of the solution to help other fellow gamers out then we truly know who's being selfish.

killabig

Glad to see that im not the only one who's still aware of the Lag Comp issues. In fact i was surprised so many people posted here sharing their insight on it - i was expecting a bunch of raging fanboys.

To be honest, it was a rage-free month, and i did feel good not playing the game. I have said it before and this game in a short period of time has given me more frustration than all my playtime in MW3.

The fact that they fail to acknowledge the issue, when it is obvious that it is there still pisses me off, but hey im not going to waste a single dime on the maps until the revelation hits them.

I am having the same issue exactly!

I dont post on here often, but after seeing this post I cant help but share my experience!

Been a cod player for years and have never encountered issues like I have with this game. 90% of my games I feel like im "wading in mud" or "lethargic" as soon as the game starts I know if its here we go again or on the off chance, being on the right side of Lag comp, unfortunatley these games are few and far between.

I have tried everything, changing router settings, search preferences etc and no matter what I do the game runs the same.

For sure all cod games had a few lag issues and you would simply move on to another lobby. That tactic is no longer possible for myself, for me it broken for good and until its aknowledged by the producers there will be no fix implemented.

I have recently hit 10th prestige, as soon as i max it.....i'm out!

SuddenlyAlive13

I haven't played BLOPS2 since the first double xp weekend until today. Still the same problems. It ******* sucks and always will.