37 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2013 2:07 PM by CallOfDutyFan88 RSS

BO2 DLC? Not me. Not until ...

I'm happy for "those of you" out there, who are excited for DLC on the PS3... no, really ... go you!

I however, am not even considering spending another penny as long as I continue to see hacked/glitched cheater accounts in games...

And that's that.

• Re: BO2 DLC? Not me. Not until ...
    msharpblue4d

Cool, another one of those "Look at me and my ultimatium" threads. Go You!

Mmm .. no. Don't look at me.

But I would love to increase the "public pressure" on the Developers to do what they should have done long ago...

I will be greatly disappointed in their corporate business ethic should it come out later that they are just "holding out" until the sales of the DLC have greatly declined.

Thanks though, for contributing to this cause by virtue of propagation.

Harney05

Well if you think about it, people who glitched were stupid enough to do it, don't you think they'll be stupid enough and get hype enough to pay for DLC? Easy money, easy ban, please see them holding up for DLC sales as an extra punishment for all glitchers.

I don't know... seems like that just further reinforces the gratification for them that "they got away with it.. even into the DLC content".

It almost feels like the devs think it's a thing that will pass in time... well, ya... so does the Flu but I won't be going back for any more of that either..

brewcastleunited

I think the game seems to be playing a little better lately. It's been about a week since I've seen a lag switcher and I'm not seeing as many of those matches where you're obviously on the bad side of the connection. The matchmaking is still not great, but it hasn't been since MW2 so that's no surprise. Multiple host migrations along with aborted games remain fairly consistent, it's a shame they can't institute that 5 minute probation system without causing other problems - that would prevent some of that. I haven't caught anyone boosting for over a week and like a lot of you I played a lot during the double XP event. If my perception of the game continues to improve I may snap up the Season Pass - I'm holding off for now though.

zvers

I'm with you on that....maybe the last tweak helped me. Sadly, every time I say this on the forum a new update comes out for the playlist and it's back to lag nation. Hopefully, it stays because the recent update helped big time. I have cable Internet and my PS3 is hard wired (hopefully more host advantage). Or, I have been put into good lobby's by chance but either way, the unpredictability is frustrating as hell.

Im only buying it for the gun. Could care less about extra maps

They have been banning people.

You cant expect them to insta ban someone as soon as they do the master prestige glitch.

Have to be realistic.

hyper72

Going to see what this up and coming 1.05 patch does....... Before thinking about the DLC if the lag comp rubbish is not addressed this time its Ebay and some other poor sole can have it.

Hellgast_PT

i was going to buy season pass BUT i dont see any1 improvements on the game ,bans on glitchers booster etc... and they gonna continue on the p2p instead dedicated server so why give more money to them?

i bought MOH:Warfighter for 40$ (cheaper then season pass) and got 1 dlc free and acess to bf4 beta when it comes out and guess what i dont see boosters cheaters on the game and i NEVER lag there because it runs on server and no dashboarding.

Day by day im getting more done with cod.

zvers

Good for you man but no offense MOH:Warfighter is a terrible game! BF3 is far batter than that POS.

Im_A_Drag85

MOH Warfighter has its flaws...but the online play IS way more stable than BO2!  it may not be as "IN YOUR FACE" action, but he's right, you won't find 8-12 yr old cheaters playing that title.

zvers

That's true but I just can't stand the game mechanics in the new MOH series. Your movement, it seems like your character has to take a dump REALLY bad. Just doesn't seem natural. Grenades and explosives are firecrackers. I don't know. It just doesn't appeal to me. BF3 was pretty good. I liked the vehicle combat myself.

Also, EA runs those games on dedicated servers not P2P.

P2P also includes the $9.95 "Subscription" required by each login account. One comes free with the game (if purchased new) so if you wanted to play on your alt account, you would have to fork out another $10 bucks to play.

Hellgast_PT

y bf3 owns any fps i already regret buying bo2 instead of bf that i play on my cousin house, but warfighter isnt that bad i enjoy the mp there its not perfect but like i play 3 cod games and just give up and go to warfighter and i have fun there.

barneykiller

Yes more people revolting! I am never going to touch it unless they fix their game. Real simple trade.

dalger22

The only way I will buy DLC is if it is something I want..such as if they bring back WMD or the ak47 or galil from BO or the SP from BO2.  Unlikely I will get any of the DLC if they don't have those included.

Sixaxis

There's something seriously wrong with this Prestige Glitching/Mirror'ing. ALL they had to do to stop it was remove the 'Store' function from the Multiplayer main menu or make it so that when it's clicked on, it works like the CoD Elite and gives you a Yes(X)/No(O) notification of leaving the game and going straight to the PS Store. Doing something like this is simple; someone with skilled knowledge regarding Game Development would be able to do this within a couple of hours max, let alone a Game Development company that makes half a billion from each game they release.

I assumed that since so many people did the glitch, that they're waiting until the 1st Map Pack is released (When the Season Pass is no longer buyable?) to ban the people who glitched, since doing it before then could potentially hurt their 'sales'. If that's the case, then I side with their decision. But the fact that they didn't stop all this back in December is what bothers me.

@Sixaxis As an aside regarding your name, I read something  last week indicating Sony will be retiring the "Sixaxis" Controller and moving to something all new with the release of their PS4 (Orbis). Guess we will see, but found it interesting that I see your name after having recently read that.

Sixaxis

My name's been Sixaxis since.. 2007 I believe? I've been a Sony fan since 2000, so when I found out the PS3 controllers name, I decided to make my name Sixaxis (Or a word containing Sixaxis) on every game/chat/forum-site I signed up for ever since. After I get my degree, I'll see if I can work @ SCEA and then reset the password for the original Sixaxis account and make it my own. Also, thanks for the heads up @ Orbis; I didn't know about that either. If the controllers name is something other than 'Dual Shock 4', I may try to get that on PSN.

Im only buying it for the zombie dlc

CallOfDutyFan88

i dnt care about other people hacking their ranks, i just want all my bullets to detect and i want the same things to happen on everybodys screen even in offline matches, if i run up stairs then around a corner to then draw my weapon and shoot, i dnt want the killcam telling me i was still coming up the stairs or just turning the corner when i get killed in that situation. online i can understand from time to time but why is this happening on offline local match? fix this broken game treyarch!