14 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2013 9:16 AM by gouldberg RSS

Is there a way to turn off dlc

Takes to long to find a match now in core games...........

• Re: Is there a way to turn off dlc
    creaper21

Yeah, I hope they add an option to turn it off like in MW3. I really just don't care for the new maps.

fingers crossed, it's getting a bit frustrating

Dont click on the Revolution map pack at the start and you can play all the older maps.

CowboySr

Patience young padawan, you were first in line.

JBurn244

So are the DLC maps integrated into the regular Core playlists (hence the need for a 'disable DLC' option ala MW3)? Or will the only be available in the Revoluion playlist?

velocityoverkill

Are you serious? They're in reg playlists and theres no option to turn them off? Good to know Treyarch learn from things they implemented in the past........

JBurn244

Dang...so if you want to play with friends who aren't getting DLC, you're just out of luck? Unbelievable.

Actually, I partied up with a guy who didn't have Nuketown the other day. I think the notice said something to the effect of "not all party members have the same maps. Searching will only occur based on maps each party member has" (paraphrasing, obviously)

So maybe it will just filter out the DLC automatically if you party up with someone without it and go into Core?

the dlc maps not part of the core playlists. the dlc has it's own playlist. just like nuketown. that guy has no idea what he's talking about.

If you party with someone without DLC it tells you in red. You then can play the normal playlists together without DLC.

If you solo with the DLC and go into the normal playlists chances are its a DLC map anway.

It is so stupid not to include an option to disable the DLC for solo play... i hate the waiting and lobbies you get when using DLC in normal playlists.

The DLC maps ARE part of the core playlists, that guy did know what he was talking about. They ALSO have thier own menu option that filters out any old maps.

UncleFizer

Why is this so hard for everyone to understand.  If your partied up with someone who does not have the dlc you will still be able to play with them.  But only the standard maps will be played.  The new ones won't come up in the rotation.  This is the same as its always been.

gouldberg

But some players like myself don't like to have the DLC enabled all the time. There are times when I like stepping away from the new maps to go back to the old stuff. I don't want to have to party up just to do that.

MW3 had an option to enable/disable the DLC at any time through a simple press of a button. Why this game doesn't have the same option is beyond me.

There are some game modes that have a very small playing percentage, so to get good games in there it's sometimes necessary to go without the DLC.

Fortunately I have the game on both Xbox and PS3, but only have DLC on Xbox, so worst comes to worst I can switch back to the Playstation some nights. Sad though as it has poorer graphics, less people on mics and less of my friends on it.

A disable/enable DLC option like MW3 had would make things a whole lot easier.