10 Replies Latest reply: Feb 23, 2013 3:57 AM by DemonHunter777 RSS

Join the Revolution!!!

rustygun

Hi guys. Listen, do yourselves a huge favour and grab the Revolution map pack. Its awesome! The artwork and gameplay structure is perfect to me. Not too cluttered, good controlled layout as opposed to open sprawling massive playzones. Points of interest aka hotspots like the lodge on downhill and the cable car station. And all totally original....like a skateboard park, yes, a skateboard park...yes its wierd, but its different and atleast treyarch have done things that look fresh. Yes i know the online still lags, but in private with a hanful of opponents its probably up there with cod 4 for me.

Well done treyarch.

• Re: Join the Revolution!!!
    CowboySr

Vander? is that you?

Do you work for IGN? Lol

BOP2revolution

I don't like Grind, I find it boring.

rustygun

"vander is that you?" ha ha. that made me laugh!! no, i just really appreciate the effort on making some great fun maps. i feel although theres lots of online moans at the minute, this game could well live on to become certainly the best or one of the best private experiences. and that guy that dont like grind?? are you mad, "boring"?? its great fun! and thats wierd how your name is the subject??

filthy3627

I am glad that you enjoy the maps and I must agree they look good. However I have watched gameplay of them all and they are all imo little sandboxes of danger!!! I watched a live stream of my buddy and its like on dom, you start, cap home flag, take 5 steps and theres B, way too tiny for me. All in all, they look good, but I stand by my decision to not give Treyarch any more money and I am just glad I didn't buy the season pass. Just MY opinions.

gallp13

Nice thread OP couldn't agree more. Maps have great layouts, artwork, points on interest, choke points sight lines, snow crunching and wind effecs are just excellent. Oh and moving environments, verticality, jump points and multi accesses.

The list for me goes on. Had you noticed that spawns are not issues on the mid and biggest maps?

I am very happy with my purchase

thxs to treyarch

Restore_Hardcore

Maps are really great and the gun is sick!

rustygun

yes i did notice the spawns seemed ok. and yes, i cant not agree that the maps are small. but speaking as a free for all fan i dont like big maps. the balance to hit is fun for all and that must be a tough challenge. the point is a lot of folk inc me thought the larger maps on bops 1 were dull and too sprawling and hiking round looking for kills was boring and approaching the battlefield mentality. ive said it before and ill say it again, medium open is the only way to go, unclutteref and easy to navigate with open unobstructed sightlines. maps with two hotpoints to fight over with buildings that have upstairs floors that give big advantages. biggest prob wiv mw3 was the flat level unexciting map design apart from mission and a few others.

DemonHunter777

Just bought them yesterday. I like'em so far.