1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next 165 Replies Latest reply: Feb 2, 2013 10:46 AM by Barkebain Go to original post RSS
  • 60. Re: My thoughts about "lag"...

The twit thing was a general comment. A lot of folks on thses forums assume you know nothing. It was a general comment not aimed at you..and you dont anger me in any way. I respect your vier point. I just think on some points you are wrong.

Lag happens, but most of the time ( and I believe Maccabi would agree) its your ISP's fault and not the games.

If you talking about normal high ping lag then i agree. My ISP is not at fault. I know the owner, there is no throtteling of connections going on here. And agin if he was. Why does this not show in my other games???? Troubleshooting basics...

I understand that in those three clips there were lag, but what caused it?

Not my connection to the host. That was the point of the video.

Yes one cause could be faulty Netcode, that would result in that.

Thats what i'm blaming.

But lets think about that a little more...  If that was the case, then wouldn't that be happening constantly?  If the game is processing the data inefficiently, then going by how code works, it would ALWAYS be processing that date inefficiently.

Nope. i have seen intermittent coding errors (firmware, fabric Os on brocade switches) on 100k switches. Fixed by the next relese of firmware, often it will only effect a small number of boxes.

I wasn't asking someone to record that much footage so we could see 1 instance of lag happening.  If this was the case, we would be fools to chalk that up to anything but a lag spike caused by their ISP.  Maybe someone else started to download something, or maybe it was a busy time for their network.

In which case it would have shown in the tcp/ip ping.There were no spikes, hence i determined the connection was stable, hence the lag should not have been there.

I would like to see that much footage where the entire gameplay session was plagued with severe lag and lag comp issues.  That footage just never seems to surface, which I find interesting.  I'm sorry to say, but those clips you selected is the exact definition of cherry picking.  If you weren't cherry picking, you would have also shown clips from the same game where everything was working fine.  Also I personally believe that if the whole game was bad where you go those clips from, you would have posted the entire game.  Instead you post a few seconds.

You seem to miss the point. They parts i chery picked, should not happen, for the reasons i just gave above. I'm a good enough player to realise the lag is there and play accordingly. I.e not rush in like i can do in MW2. So i can still do well.Bad players on the other team help too. Not being able to hit water if the fell out of a boat. So for the most part i can, by my actions,  aviod the issue. My point being i should not need to,

• 61. Re: My thoughts about "lag"...

Well said.

• 62. Re: My thoughts about "lag"...

Explain this then, only change to anything internet related was the DLC and patches. Overnight I go from averaging probably 2 k/d games to maybe .3 k/d games. Yup, totally agree with you, its not that games fault.

• 63. Re: My thoughts about "lag"...
    deamonomic

angrywasabi wrote:

Explain this then, only change to anything internet related was the DLC and patches. Overnight I go from averaging probably 2 k/d games to maybe .3 k/d games. Yup, totally agree with you, its not that games fault.

yes... cause its absolutely impossible for a person to fall into a rut. that kinda thing NEVER happens >.>. second things start going wrong people start looking for reasons. and that dam kill cam gives them.

• 64. Re: My thoughts about "lag"...
    DaRyuujin

I call lag when its just that lag, I never use it as an excuse ive often times said "**** i screw that shot up"?  but when im in a match and do a fire test and shoot one bullet and it takes 1/2-1 second to register on the ammo count, thats lag not an excuse.

When i have shot 20+rounds at somebody and my bullets seem to go through them then I watch the kill cam to see that i MAYBE got 1-2 shots off before they started shooting and get a few hitmarkers before killing me, thats lag not an excuse.

And im sorry its not my internet connection, on this same connection ive gone back to MW2 and even COD4, never one had the type of issues I had with Mw3 and not BLOPS2 if it lagged in there people would skip, it wouldnt be the whole "well the game looks fine but your not synced with everybody else so your half a second behind' bullshit type lag.

So if its the "internet" in general or "peoples connections" then why dont I have the same problem in other FPS games?

I'm not saying every bodies issue is indeed lag, but you cant argue the fact that they started trying to "balance connections" (AKA LAG COMP) and its a ****** up system that dont work properly and they old networking coding from COD4 and MW2 etc was WAY WAY better over all, id rather deal owith ONE guy with host advantage then to be a half second behind the whole enemy team

• 65. Re: My thoughts about "lag"...
    deamonomic

DaRyuujin wrote:

I call lag when its just that lag, I never use it as an excuse ive often times said "**** i screw that shot up"?  but when im in a match and do a fire test and shoot one bullet and it takes 1/2-1 second to register on the ammo count, thats lag not an excuse.

When i have shot 20+rounds at somebody and my bullets seem to go through them then I watch the kill cam to see that i MAYBE got 1-2 shots off before they started shooting and get a few hitmarkers before killing me, thats lag not an excuse.

And im sorry its not my internet connection, on this same connection ive gone back to MW2 and even COD4, never one had the type of issues I had with Mw3 and not BLOPS2 if it lagged in there people would skip, it wouldnt be the whole "well the game looks fine but your not synced with everybody else so your half a second behind' bullshit type lag.

So if its the "internet" in general or "peoples connections" then why dont I have the same problem in other FPS games?

I'm not saying every bodies issue is indeed lag, but you cant argue the fact that they started trying to "balance connections" (AKA LAG COMP) and its a ****** up system that dont work properly and they old networking coding from COD4 and MW2 etc was WAY WAY better over all, id rather deal owith ONE guy with host advantage then to be a half second behind the whole enemy team

half a second to register the ammo count. WOW that is some lag. are you sure about that? did you have to lead your target? because thats the kind of lag your refering to. the kind that you wont be able to get any hitmarkers ever by actually aiming at where the enemy is.

The ammo counter lags so what. its just the ammo counter. it does not mean your shot wasnt counted, it does not mean it never happend. The ammo counter has a lagged count down. it USUALLY lets 2-3 bullets go befor updating. and yet, your bullets still connect as they should. and if you die before it has the chance to update, yea it simply is doesnt update. its not proof of anything AT ALL.

2: as the OP has said, I have yet to see a single video out of all the ones I have seen that shows a FULL length game recorded LIVE showing that they have a GOOD connection the whole time and yet they are firing full clips into the enemy and not getting hit markers. basically... what you all consistently claim is happening to you.

That proof should be easy as hell to provide and its undeniable proof because it does not make use of inacurate systems such as kill cams and theater. and yet, its the one piece of evidence we have yet to see. All we get to see are select clips from different games.

3: you watch kill cams and believe they are accurate. stop it.

4: there is something called Bullet travel time. Basically your first hitmarker appears delayed for about 1/10 of a second on average (varies from platform to platform) or in this case the difference of 4 frames. your bullet has not dissapeared. its still counting.

the reason you think that it is not counting is because of one little thing. The point at which the hit marker shows up for the first bullet is basically the same point where you fire your 2nd on target shot. now hit markers do not pop up with a fresh one with each new hit. Hit markers linger. This gives the impression that you are actually landing more shots then you are.

So in other words, your first shot is counted around the time your second is fired. the second counts

around the time your third is fired. and the third around the fourth. This is Not lag. not in the way you guys are claiming it. you guys claim lag gives the enemy the advantage, but this is a consistent thing that they too have to deal with. and again, its not lag, it only seems like it because the first shot registers as the second shot is taken. from there on out you have a hit marker on your screen. it makes it appear as tho the first didnt count. it still did.

• 66. Re: My thoughts about "lag"...
    zingaa

This game is a laggy mess, totally laughable.

• 67. Re: My thoughts about "lag"...
    snorubit

I would also state that if my search preferences are set to Best as they are, I would rather wait 5 minutes for a room with decent ping than get placed in a room with terrible hit detection. Consider Good Ping Probation.

If set to Normal or Any shame on me.

• 68. Re: My thoughts about "lag"...

Maccabi this is for you too.

Feel free to stop by my house if you're ever in my area and I'll let you play at my house for awhile. Then tell me there's nothing wrong.

I'm in the US. PM me if you would like directions to my house.

Nope, I'm not kidding. I'll cook you dinner.

• 69. Re: My thoughts about "lag"...
    killabig

Wrong. The problem exists, and people do not use it as an excuse. Again, somebody that bases his opinion on his personal experience with the game.

1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next