1 2 3 Previous Next 60 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2013 1:54 PM by Yunck RSS

We need a degree of camping. (the "one" playstyle game has gotten out of hand now)

scotland-rules

Let's face it this game isn't even close to the standards of the previous games. You no longer have to use any logic or even think about where to go, you just run around like headless chicken, kill half a dozen people then get shot in the back.

This game has become such a typical "mindless" arcade shooter that you no longer have to put any thought into what you're doing. By the end of the day the game becomes very "same same" after 3 games.

We need camping to return to what it was in all previous CoDs because this game sucks. It really does suck, you cannot "Catch your breath" anymore.

The maps are all really awfully designed, they are small, cramped, SMG friendly and are down right ****. MW3 had small maps but these maps take the fudging cake.

Remember all the old maps form CoD4, WAW, MW2, BO1? They were designed for every playstyle, you could camp, snipe, run and gun, lock down, tacticl. It had something for everyone. I loved sitting with my sniper on wasteland (mw2 map) and hearing people rage as my 50 cal bullet went through the heads of my enemies. It was fun...

Now in black ops sniping isn't rewarding, basically the first sniper, the one unlocked by default is an assault rife almost, it doesn't reward precision and the other sniper riles are rarely used. Sniping doesn't reward precision in this game. And since you cannot use the aid of the ghost perk, snipers are severely at a disadvantage with all the SMG gun nuts.

Camping while doable isn't very fun as you are guaranteed to be killed.

Hardcore is hell now as you spawn, kill one guy and you have a guy spawning behind you and killing you within a matter of seconds.

Everyone says they wanted hardcore camping removed well congrats, its been removed. Shame they took about 4 other playstyles that needed a degree of camping to be effective.

CoD is in a way supposed to be universal, look at the older games. Now look at what it has become...

• 1. Re: We need a degree of camping. (the "one" playstyle game has gotten out of hand now)

cod has always been a mindless arcade shooter, where do you people keep getting this idea that it wasn't

nostalgia maybe?

campers get killed, that's a good thing

lol, the other snipers are rarely used? pretty much all of the other snipers are used more than the svu, especially the dsr

• 2. Re: We need a degree of camping. (the "one" playstyle game has gotten out of hand now)
    scotland-rules

If you played CoD4, WAW and MW2 and BO1 you'd know what while it always was an arcade shooter it did have some degree of thought put into it.

I was mostly using my experiance from hardcore on that one because I only play core the DSR is used on Core but it is used more like a battle rifle because you have people attempting to quick scope you oh so often.

• 3. Re: We need a degree of camping. (the "one" playstyle game has gotten out of hand now)
    redx165

That's what happens when campers ruin the past game. Treyarch doesn't want you to camp. Get some skill and run and gun for once. Camping takes NO skill at all. Now we got a NEW form of camping from the worm. ( He's hurting Black Ops 2 more than helping ). Maybe if more people play the game the right way than they would bring back some of those camping spots you guys like.

~THE NOOB KILLER

• 4. Re: We need a degree of camping. (the "one" playstyle game has gotten out of hand now)
    Eye_Gore

I love it when "skill" is thrown into a video game. Funny.  Like run and gun takes as you call it "skill". Yeah right. Run and hip fire at the first sight of an enemy, yeah thats "skill". Again, funny.

I know what the OP means. I dusted off COD4 a couple days ago and played it. That was the most fun I had playinga COD in a very long time. This game does become very repetitive. I have toned down alot in playing the game, maybe just on Friday nights after a few beers, for a few hours thats about it. Got a little burnt out on the whole COD thing. Besides its becoming a kiddie game at that. Keep the kids busy, keeps the parents happy.

• 5. Re: We need a degree of camping. (the "one" playstyle game has gotten out of hand now)
    scotland-rules

What is the "right way to play"

Call of Duty has always been a "decide how you want to play" game. If I wanted to be dictated too I'd play another game. CoD has a key "roleplaying" element in it. Building your class, if you build your class as an SMG you have elements an SMG has over say, a sniper build.

You talk about "get some skill"

Oh yes, spawning behind the enemy and shooting them in the back, oh yeah, tons of skill required. Getting spawned next to the guy who just killed me, oh yeah, it really made made me work for that revenge kill.

This game requires no skill, the previous CoD did, as if you faced someone who was sniping you didn't get spawned behind him, you got spawned in a safe location and you had to plan how to take that sniper out. (this is just an example)

But yeah, like you said, you need skill in this game, I mean it must take some real skill to kill a guy when you spawn by running around a corner and killing him as he just killed you.

Yeah skill is big in this game.

I hope you noticed I tried to make the skill part of this game as sarcastic as possible.

• 6. Re: We need a degree of camping. (the "one" playstyle game has gotten out of hand now)
    i_am_legend

Play the game the right way? I lol'd. Sniping is a type of gameplay and so called 'camping' is doing it the right way. Do you know how many people are ticked off with the quick scopers in this game? Imagine a whole lobby of ALL quick scopers.. That would be worse than a lobby with all shotguns!

With all the disadvantages of snipers in this game how could say it takes no skill to hold down one area? Whatever your response is will make no sense to me cuz you play the game differently, you see the maps differently than I do.

• 7. Re: We need a degree of camping. (the "one" playstyle game has gotten out of hand now)
    Izjar11

You no longer have to use any logic or even think about where to go, you just run around like headless chicken, kill half a dozen people then get shot in the back.

Hahahaha I am not sure if this is your first COD game, but that sounds just about right! Thats what this game is, has been mahem!

We need camping to return to what it was in all previous CoDs because this game sucks. It really does suck, you cannot "Catch your breath" anymore.

BOLD statement! I say YES to the camper! ~ easy to kill...

CoD is in a way supposed to be universal, look at the older games. Now look at what it has become...

True no matter what game style you use, awesome post!

• 8. Re: We need a degree of camping. (the "one" playstyle game has gotten out of hand now)
    ghamorra

I said this was going to happen before the game's release. People were complaining about how much camping there was, I tried to convince everyone that camping is just a counter to rushing as much as rushing is a counter to camping. Without one playstyle the other would overwhelm the flow of the game.

Now look at what we have

• 9. Re: We need a degree of camping. (the "one" playstyle game has gotten out of hand now)
    Izjar11

Mayhem on steriods!

G' this game gave me menu lag! MENU LAG.... I say that happens = system overload!

1 2 3 Previous Next