30 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2013 10:08 AM by Griefbot RSS

Overnight I became a complete noob

Mankisman

I've been playing black ops 2 for A WHILE now, logging at least 6 hours a day if not way more and reached master prestige no problem.  I'm not a bad player, and always place at the top of my team.  But overnight i've instantaniously become the worst player on the team every single game.  I'm getting shot in the back and by random people popping out of every corner more than ever before, and not to mention losing a lot more gun fights than ever.  It's so frustrating how over night I have all of a sudden become the worst player in black ops, I can't win a single round, I can't get a positive K/D ration, or anything... I'm about to just give up on this game as a whole...  Idk if all of a sudden I'm getting matched against the most elite pros out there, but it's absolutley mind blowing, my SPM hasn't changed but maybe 1 point, so I have no clue what is going on... I literally have been forced to camp because of this, it's the only way I can do decent now...

• Re: Overnight I became a complete noob
    snoops07

Probably laggin.. try rebooting your modem maybe

I feel your pain, I wish they would at least address this.

Mankisman

I've quit out of my last 3 games because I couldn't handle it, I'm about to break my controller or my tv if I keep on playing this game.  I am officially done playing multiplayer for good, I can't take the stress any longer, its ridiculous. I watch these "pros" online nowadays and every time they go to kill someone they just stare them right in the face, they run up on crowds of 5 people and none of them even notice him, yet when I play any game everyone ALWAYS sees me INSTANTANIOUSLY and im DEAD because of their PERFECT 100% accuracy as soon as I come into their screen 1 centimeter... I'm so ******* sick and tired of this game right now.

I am with you all the way. I played yesterday and I felt the same way. I came close to breaking my controller. I play hc and it would take 6-9 bullets to get a kill and in the last kill cam the guy would shoot someone with one bullet from 100 yards away with  a hand gun

r33k

i get this all the time now. its makeing me dislike this game. its not fun anymore. how can i play when i cant even see the enemy. now im just being killed out of nowhere. when that starts to happen i just turn off the tv:

deamonomic

it was probably just a bad night to play. Everyone has periods where they play like crap. just need to notice when its happening and either fix it or stop playing for a few days.

socratesxxx

I think also that a lot of the better players came back to play the new maps.

SeraphOne

I've been in your position since the game came out but as the DLC was released I "improved" overnight. 3rd game in I'd already put my scorestreaks up and got 3 stealth choppers, 3 VSATs and 2 Warthogs.

Absolutely no change to my network setup but all of a sudden I'm winning all my gunfights, 9/10 matches. As I said before that I was losing 9/10.

A level playing field would be ideal

snorubit

SeraphOne wrote:

I've been in your position since the game came out but as the DLC was released I "improved" overnight. 3rd game in I'd already put my scorestreaks up and got 3 stealth choppers, 3 VSATs and 2 Warthogs.

Absolutely no change to my network setup but all of a sudden I'm winning all my gunfights, 9/10 matches. As I said before that I was losing 9/10.

A level playing field would be ideal

Now you must be beating me because I am like the OP and on the flipside of the coin doing much worse and getting far more lobbies with yellow and even red connected players.

I am not going to play tonight and see if things are any better over the weekend as it is frankly a bit of a joke connection wise for me personally right now.

SeraphOne

Look I've had your issue since a week after release so I'm virtually an expert on it now. Keep an eye out for the version number changing and when it does play a couple of games to see what it's like.

Two possible differences are that I didn't buy the dlc, because I was having lag issues and I very rarely get anything under 3-4 bars

Mankisman

Yeah my friends are experiencing the same thing aswell, but I just now switchd over to HC and am dominating again, I'm not really sure what is going on in core, but HC seems to be perfectly normal for me...

lPikachu

I was getting swarms before and still getting them after, its had no effect on my connection, unlucky to some i guess :/

GOLD3NTHUMBS

I am in the top 250 career wise and I've dropped  my spm by 5 points and have now go almost always go negative since the last tu patch. SOmething has happened and it was for the worst. I am pretty disAppointed in the change in lag for me I cAn no longer rush or go up against multiple enemies at the same time. Its not that I'm having A bad day. It's the hit detection and lag as I am always behind now. Sux

EdgierHippo4

It's a Game issue not your network, and your'e not alone.  My score per minute is now below 190 and falling fast.  And my arrogant friend 5 miles away is now at almost 400 per minute and still getting better.  Theres's now way to know who it affects or why so we just have to wait and see what happens...Good luck with this one Treyarch. Some how the last patch made it worse for me also..still not giving up quite yet though.

xCHEESEx

hey guys the game is broken for definate.I want 2 bloodthirstys with the shitty m27 an since the dlc i cant even get a doublekill at all.Im not overly good at the game but im not bad either but the game is noob asssssised an gettin me pissssed as i have also started with puttin a full mag into a guys head he turns an 1 shots me with any gun. stoped doing clan ops aswell as hackin is also a major problem for me sats an suns at clan time is a no no for me now. will they sort it will they **** they have our money they also ant the new noobs money aswell so the game will go in the bin. MOH here i come.

xCHEESEx

hey guys the game is broken for definate.I want 2 bloodthirstys with the shitty m27 an since the dlc i cant even get a doublekill at all.Im not overly good at the game but im not bad either but the game is noob asssssised an gettin me pissssed as i have also started with puttin a full mag into a guys head he turns an 1 shots me with any gun. stoped doing clan ops aswell as hackin is also a major problem for me sats an suns at clan time is a no no for me now. will they sort it will they f**k they have our money they also ant the new noobs money aswell so the game will go in the bin. MOH here i come.

heeehah

next time your in multiplayer check your option menu. If you change your LOOK SENSITIVITY, like i do. you mayof accidently changed your TARGET ASSIST. Make sure its ENABLED. I went down 500 kills on my KDR before i figure it out...If its disable, you will have a really hard time hitting the side of your house let alone someone shooting you... Hope this help..

heeehah

next time your in multiplayer check your option menu. If you change your LOOK SENSITIVITY, like i do. you mayof accidently changed your TARGET ASSIST. Make sure its ENABLED. I went down 500 kills on my KDR before i figure it out...If its disable, you will have a really hard time hitting the

xmrythem

sounds like you got passed up by someone playing 7hrs a day.

could be a few reasons, id say refresh your connections, but also, you might be hitting a plateu.. you do great for a while and all of a sudden your losing your touch, maybe takinga  break from the game for a few days is needed, i knwo that has helped me before

normally too when your not doing so well, you tend to try too hard, and that causes you to get tunnel vision, and you are not focused, you get angry, and you miss things that would normally get you the kill, but instead you get killed

obzi

This game is all over the place, you play a week doing well then suddenly you can't hit anything and your so far behind everyone your dead before you can react.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

Pay attention to the SPM and KDs of your opponents. Check out the leaderboards of your lobbies. I found that each hotfix, the average SPM of my opponents changes. There are hotfixes that makes the matchmaking tougher and during those periods, lag is at its worst for me.

I feel you.   I can go from MLG Pro to a paraplegic using a pencil to play in the same match depending on the amount of host migrations.