18 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2013 9:19 PM by fearless_fred RSS

pesky master prestiges

colddrunkrat

master prestiges shouldn't be able to just sit in a level 34's game, spawn killing with there diamond mk48 with target finder supresser and fmj while the level 34 is sitting there 13 of 100 with a little mtar. my point being, master prestiges should only get to go in lobbies with other master prestiges, or some sort of restriction because it's getting rediculous

• Re: pesky master prestiges

70% of master prestiges have been hacked, most of them are bad players anyway

crustybread

I agree with this - the fact that they are master prestige has nothing to do with skill. Anyone can become master prestige.

graphitetek

I'm proof of that, a legit PM who took +11 days to get there. I have a crap KD and a fair SPM, but I worked for and EARNED every gold camo(13...so far). I primarily play HP and KC and if not camping for that last Bloodthirsty kill (harder to get for less able players) while golding a gun, I'm a 100% objective player.

So while I agree with your statement regarding anyone's ability to EVENTUALLY get to MP, I would also not dismiss the contribution any LEGIT PM can bring to a match.

He's played a LOT of games, very often with less than an ideal loadout. He's gone through a lot of weapons and has a few classes that he feels work particularly well in various situations and can bring them out at will.

If his KD is less than average, he's very aware of that and probably runs lower scorestreaks that help his team in the background and is probably ready to tackle any scorestreak his deaths may have contributed to the opo getting.

In short, a  team player, who knows his limitations and picks his game types accordingly-ones where KD is less of a factor.and his experience and commitment to the objective work in his and his teams favor.

It's always funny watching the Master Prestiges with 3.0+ K/Ds and 4-5 days played go negative every game.

Bml_

I enjoy trolling these people. I had one person tell me his friend had been staying over for 3 days, and not slept the entire time to get him master prestige and 3.55 k/d. He tried to tell me 17 k/d with the B23R was legit too. I'll never understand.

xSpiikey

Most of them are hacked, as xdnaishakk said. Yes, it's annoying when they have all the guns, while your stuck with a few simple ones with no good attachments, but just because someone's Master Prestige doesn't mean they're good. Any cr*ppy player can get Master Prestige by playing the game loads...

xdemonthekiller

Im A 100% LEGIT prestige master and you know what im pretty good when i choose to be and i never camp so how about i find you and make you rage quit with my K9 unit and Swarm.

randomhero204

I'm also a legit master prestige.  Took me 8 days of gameplay.

In all honesty it doesn't mean your good.

It means you play alot.

So why should I not be allowed to play with my friends who are only 3rd prestige?? That don't make sense.

Also what about people who are godly at the game and stay at 55 and don't prestige?? You should be crying about them then!!

Tl;dr get real man.

trickster.

exactly this^ master prestige means nothing,one in my lobby 2 days ago had a k/d of 0.80 with 12 days played,in the games i played with him he barely broke even in any match.

BradVader

It's sad that master prestige means nothing and those who have done it legit are constantly harassed by others within the lobbies.  The developers need to send a message to the cheaters and ban their account!!!

trickster.

also agree with this as the guy i mentioned earlier was getting harrased quite badly by his own team mates which i heard in the pre game lobby,he was also getting called a prestige hacker but if they had bothered to look at his combat record they could see he was legit,i felt bad for the guy and no wonder he left

scoop121578

http://i47.tinypic.com/295xuhl.jpg

InstantOG

I'm a Legit PM and I think all these cry babies need to get over the fact

1) Playing by yourself in COD = crying to forums, reporting and calling this game bad

2) If they actually put in the time they could actually get good

lastly I think people should respect some PM's because guys that I have played against that take me seriously don't cry and complain, they play the game and don't blame deaths on Lag or Hacks.

I would assume though that you have more then 100 kills.  Alot of the PM you find these days don't its not hard to tell a legit PM (you) and non legit (less then 100 kills).  Kudo's to the ones who put in the time sadly there aren't many of you out there.

I'm a Prestige 10, Lvl 40, soon to be MP, I think my game time played is around 8 days with a k/d just above 1.00. I'm pretty average, have never used an LMG, actually use AR's, just got them diamond. But anyways, you guys do realize they use skill-based match-making as part of the process, also region which I think is a bigger factor, but, yeah, it is factored in.

Check the lobby leaderboard next time you see a Prestige Master in your lobby, odds are they aren't at the top (I won't be), and even if they are good chance they didn't actually earn it - can't tell you how many people I've seen boosting, plus the known hack to automatically jump to PM.

Also, if you are a low level, you can stick to bootcamp until you unlock whatever LMG you think gives the PM a huge advantage (LMG's suck by the way), but yeah the really good PM's won't be in bootcamp typically as they want their K/D stats to be reflected in their games.

beamer

I am soon to be a Prestige Master, 10th lvl 54.   I just spent the past 3 weeks recuperating from hip surgery and I got 3 more to go.   THAT'S how I got to be where I am.  No hacking.   My KD is exactly 1

I have diamond snipers, specials, shotguns and am half way thru SMG's.  I don't think I have shot a 1000 rounds from AR's yet.

I feel once I get to start using AR's, it'll start to improve my KD.    Love hearing people giving me crap because I'm not at the top and 10th.   You try running around with the 1216 shotgun trying to get 150 kills with no perks or attachments or 1 hit kills and see how you do. 

As said further up, PM means time spent playing.   Only thing that changes the time is slight difference in skills.

colddrunkrat

all right i get it i'm almost 9th prestige it was just at the time but does anyone know how to take down this post or make it private or something??