33 Replies Latest reply: Feb 3, 2013 12:03 AM by FuZe9752 RSS

KD/WL ratio?

Optimusbanana93

So lately I have been playing and people have been saying I'm a s**t player just because my KD is 0.71, I reply saying its just a game and they get all angry and rage. I don't get what it so important about KD? I'm not the best player but I can have good games where I'm at the top of the boards but not consistently.what does KD prove? I've seen people with high KD/WL and they finish at the bottom of the leader boards and people go on how pro they are because of it. So can someone explain to me why they are so Importent? Or do people just get the impression it makes them a "good player"

My KD is so low because I sometimes troll people and have fun with my friends and just go rounds without getting any kills.

• Re: KD/WL ratio?
    WKMMS

In the grand scheme of life it is of no significance.  Don't worry about what other people think about your KD.  If they get on your nerves, mute them.  Give no concern to the ramblings of the intellectually and socially inept that troll the CoDverse.

McZOMBI

Stats mean less in this game than they have in any other COD. A mix of skill-based matchmaking, lag and being rewarded for objective play means you can't make any judgements on a players stats until you've played them. I mean, is a 3k/d player a beast or a camper? Is a 0.8k/d player really below average or do they just like to spend entire sessions running around with a riot shield capping flags because it's fun? Was that 1.2k/d player who just unleashed swarm/dogs on a full clan hiding his talent, just lucky or the only one in the lobby with a good connection? You can't tell anymore, maybe you never could. I'm rambling on here, sorry.

Pooklove

See that's what I love about this community, everyone judges based on K/d but then when we get league play which really test your skills everyone bashes it.

K/d doesn't mean anything, to me it's all about the wins. Ask them if they're so good why are they playing pub matches and not league games? I'm sure they'll give you some lame excuse.

Anyone can have good stats in CoD. This is how many people do it do get good stats, they dashboard as soon they go negative or don't get a 3 K/D. By doing this it won't count toward their K/D.

You have in my opinion more balls when you stay in the lobby from the beginning to the end than people who dashboard to protect their stats.

Stats mean nothing unless you play League, play for fun and don't listen to these pubstomping noobs.

TheHive-Grandad

KD means absolutely nothing at all, ignore them. I play both solo and clan with two different gamertags, my solo gamertag which I don't use as much has better stats apart from WL ratio. Playing solo you can rack up some serious SPM while you try to carry your team because 8/10 solo players have forgotten how to play objectively because they would rather boast a high KD.

Keep playing the objective, go for the win and don't worry about KD at all. Laugh at them as you finish top of the lobby. I get a kick out of winning, that is my idea of fun. If I have to die more times than I kill in order to get that win then so be it.

TWINDEATHSTAR

u say u go around trolling people in game but when someone says mean crap to you, it gets on your nerves?

randomhero204

Just had a kdr/wl guy yelling at me for planting a bomb in demo yesterday.."why the f did you plant?? Our so bad look at your kdr .pffft 1.25 you suck dude."

Plus I had joined late and was more positive then he was in that game. Sooooo funny so I say

"Why do you care??? Your mad because I played the game how it is supposed to?? "

Next game he gets put on opposite team and go tryhard... He has an amazing game and goes like 40-2 no joke. I just stayed and took his load star and his warthog etc on the chin and ran around stabbing people.. One time I even dolphin dived and stabbed him and he got so mad. Was so funny.

Point is, if it was me who went ham I bet a thousand dollars he would have rage quit.

lPikachu

In domination i have some of the hardest games against people who only care for the win, over or under 1 kd it makes it a challenge. It is so much easier going against someone who thinks they are too elite to take a death for the team.

Sgt_Kaput

you sir have hit the nail, my K/D is 0.7 and proud of it, I go for the win, I go for the objective and have a lot of fun doing it

riksterinto

Agreed! On the flip side, I am getting really frustrated being stuck on a teams with losers using domination as a camping ground to increase their KD ratio.  Everyone else but me on the team has a high KD but no more than 2 captures each and then we lose the match. 

Anyone can camp and have a high K/D.

Most people can clan and dominate W/L.

Score Per Minute (SPM) = best measure of a quality player

TheHive-Grandad

SPM is decreased as a clan player in my experience. My solo gamertag for domination puts me in the top 10k for domination this month, my clan gamertag has me in the top 150k at 450spm. Shed load of boosters and one game players in the top 10k though.

gdexter

I've never looked at mine in ANY COD game so that's much it means to me

Azrael513

**** KD (unless in TDM)

In this game a high KD/WL ratio is more a result of having a high latency Internet connection than the result of having any skill, so just ignore the jokers.

*puts troll face on*

KD/WL are only important to people who have no success in real life and need a bragging point in their miserable little existence.

*takes troll face off*

codchamp

KD-WL.....makes my penis bigger. But so do a lot of things.

iivrruummii

It doesn't matter where you come on the leaderboards as long as your team wins.  I have had many games of search that I have finished with no kills but without for the lack of trying.  But it doesn't mean that I am not a good player.

bkblazer

I sacrifice my k/d for the attempt at a better w/l. In other words I'm not scarred to die if I can cap the flag, tag or point and plant or defuse the bomb. I never look at leaderboards especially when spm is how its determined. I'm a random and am perfectly satisfied if my k/d and w/l can be 1. I truely don't like show boats and shite talkers that have chips on their shoulders because they have high k/d's and unstoppable medals.

snoops07

You should look at SPM and W/L more than anything unless it's TDM as someone else metioned.     There are plenty of people that get high SPM but don't do any objectives and lose all the time.  So really you should look at both combined.

biron_w

W/L is utterly pointless in this game due to the fact that you get penalised if the host dashboards.

iivrruummii

K/D is utterly pointless in this game due to the fact that you get penalised if the host dashboards.  SPM is utterly pointless too.  Every stat is utterly pointless.

Winning is the most important thing.

I once bought a new Lexus by showing the finance manager my K/D on the Call of Duty Elite Mobile App. I also pick up girls, but that's going off-topic.

In all seriousness, I have friends in my clan who are all about K/D and throw out the term "Try Hard" a LOT. These people are also usually single, hate their job, or don't have one, or have never really been able to make friends or have a decent social life altogether. Are these statements true? Perhaps. Or perhaps, they're only true for some of the people I play with.

Regardless, who cares! Just don't let it start to brainwash you! I must admit, that I'm happy with what I've got going in RL, but lately, because of hanging with these guys, I've been so worried about my stats, I haven't enjoyed the game. Screw that! I'm back to the old me! If we're playing objectives I'm going for that, if we lose a match! Darn...

deamonomic

Hi, I am a tryhard. back in CoD4 - MW2 i knew nothing else. I didnt know how to screw around. My fun was simply being the best i could. in Bo 1 i started screwing around and my k/d took a hit. nowadays i still try hard, but I dont really care what my K/D is. K/D is no measure of skill what so ever.

But regardless of stats I still try my best. There is a reason for this, back in halo 2, i often had the feeling that i was being backpacked by my friends. I hate that feeling. I would much rather be the only reason my team won then the sole reason we lost.

Glenrose

Winnings the only thing that matters here.  I do have a decent high K/D but we mainly play TDM so that does somewhat matter.  Some people look at it and back out because of it,  but if you would take anytime and play against me you would see why its high.  Im not what I call good,  im a team player.  Mostly play witha clan and im one of the hold down spawns so we dont start flipping everywhere.  Yes its high, but you also rarely see me get 10-15 kills in a game. In the grand scheme of things, if they needed me to be a runner and I carried a low K/D but were still winning it wouldnt bother me any.

Play the game the way you want, and whats fun for you.  Its the only way you will get enjoyment out of it.

QwertyBoredom

TBH I don't give a **** about my K/D, yes I would like it to be positive but I don't care anywhere near enough to play a "certain" way and neither do I care what anyone elses is either, unless its TDM and my team has lost by 5 points and the lowerst player on my team has gone 1/20 that does annoy me a bit especially when they drop out right at the end in an attempt to hide the fact.

3kd, 2.1 w/l, 450 spm here...

K/D could be better but I seem to find myself on the objective more than I should (given my slaying ability).  What can I say... The win is always priority.

Play the game to enjoy it I had a 2 w/l ratio and 2.5kd playing solo, and most of those losses were from joining late games or host dashing etc. However I've given up on w/l because playing solo for the win is to aggrevating so if I join a game and it has already started or certain maps like drone,express I just leave because I really don't like those maps or do I want to waste my time. I enjoy getting as many kills as possible and have increased my spm to over 500.

This game is a connection based scam and w/l is ruined by late join BS and lag. Top it all of by not giving people a medal for camping to devalue their crap stats and you got the most arrogant community on earth.

KD doesn't really prove anything , that just shows how good you can camp for high streaks but I would say the W/L is more important then KD... That's my opinion