19 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2013 5:07 PM by DarkHero13 RSS

The Unfairness of Scorestreaks

I've read so many different things about scorestreaks, that they've been done this way to encourage gameplay by players scoring points for kills and achieving objectives etc etc, but its an unfair system for those of us, like me, that aren't that great at the game. I've been playing 1d 21h 41m 38s, i have a a k/d ratio of 0.5 and in that time i've called in only 182 UAVs

I brought the game so that I can play with or against my mate and have fun at the same time, but it most matches I struggle to even get a basic UAV (as you can see) and that was when it was only 350 and using Hardline too, now thats been increased to 425.

There needs to be something for players that aren't experts to keep the game fun for us too, please bring back something like the support option that allows players to earn scorestreaks without it being reset everytime your killed.

I doubt that I'm the only player to suffer like this, I can run around and try and rush kill people, or I can take my time act cautious and I still end up being shot, I'm not one of these that just sits and waits in one place camping I engage with the game, and would like it to engage more fairly for others like myself,

• Re: The Unfairness of Scorestreaks
    PrisPrisChris

I used to be like you (over in MW3) until my friend on XBL gave me a few pointers on how to play competitvely online and now on Black Ops 2 my overall KD is 1.8, TDM 2.16.

Don't go rushing around, it rarely works unless there are scorestreaks already supporting you (such as the UAV, Counter-UAV or Orbital VSAT), take an easy approach and grab an assault rifle and play a support role.

Treyarch has already made it so the UAV required more points since it was incredibly easy to obtain in game against opponents. The majority of the on-line community would rather that scorestreaks are harder to obtain(which presents a challenge) than very easy to obtain.

I wouldn't mind the support option as long as there would not be any scorestreaks such as the Stealth Bomber.

My two cents,

FS

I caution others not to immediately judge this idea.

I remember when I first started (MW3) and how Scorestreaks and matchmaking was a joke. Every other game was a blowout with fire and brimstone falling from the sky. Not very fun. With a KDR between 0.6 and 0.7, I felt that even going 4-0 was very difficult in any game. I was quite thankful the Support Streaks existed.

They were weaker, yes, and should be. But you were still able to contribute to the team, even if it was just a UAV and Counter once per game. It wasn't anything incredibly overpowered, but I knew that I could contribute. When I did switch over to I could still only get about 5-0 every other game, and sometimes got a Care Package. It was a way of 'promoting' your playing ability to another level.

I'm doing much better in BOII averaging around 1.4-1.5 KDR and hit Scorestreaks consistently in TDM. But I remember the days of MW3.

Now, blowout games and matchmaking has improved greatly, but there's a lot of the community between 0.5-0.8 that would gain a lot of fun and ability to improve, and even push them to improve their play, by allowing a Support column. Even if it's 1/3 the streaks at a higher price, it's at least something to add to the element of weaker players that have a lot of room for improvment, or simply love playing the game despite KDR.

Just take the time to consider it. Most of us started out crappy, and maybe most got better fast. But for some, it's not an overnight experience or is simply their upper limit of playing ability.

InstantOG

have you tired getting better or at least thinking before you try to kill someone

DarkHero13

Removed by Moderator

Message was edited by: codblackice

• This reply has been hidden. This can happen if the message has been hidden by a moderator, or has been reported as abusive.
        DarkHero13

I spam OP threads? Anyone who complains about OP weapons in this or MW3 is a complete idiot. The only overpowered aspect of this game is the lag, and the absurd advantage it gives to those who don't need to be playing.

It makes me sick when I see myself, or other people, get away with kills we shouldn't be simply because of the garbage net code and connections this game generates. It has to be fixed.

@trialstardragon, I suggest you give your hands a rest. I don't want to hear about how they "aren't gunna fix it cuz u say so". You've run your keyboard long enough. Why you put up with the sub-par products from these corporate cretins is beyond me.

r8edtripx

lil_bugga wrote:

I've read so many different things about scorestreaks, that they've been done this way to encourage gameplay by players scoring points for kills and achieving objectives etc etc, but its an unfair system for those of us, like me, that aren't that great at the game. I've been playing 1d 21h 41m 38s, i have a a k/d ratio of 0.5 and in that time i've called in only 182 UAVs

I brought the game so that I can play with or against my mate and have fun at the same time, but it most matches I struggle to even get a basic UAV (as you can see) and that was when it was only 350 and using Hardline too, now thats been increased to 425.

There needs to be something for players that aren't experts to keep the game fun for us too, please bring back something like the support option that allows players to earn scorestreaks without it being reset everytime your killed.

I doubt that I'm the only player to suffer like this, I can run around and try and rush kill people, or I can take my time act cautious and I still end up being shot, I'm not one of these that just sits and waits in one place camping I engage with the game, and would like it to engage more fairly for others like myself,

Try playing Kill confirmed. Even if you're not going on a monster kill streak, you still have a good shot at UAVs and RC cars by collecting tags. Then the UAV assist points can help you toward a Hunter Killer scorestreak. You'll be cool.

Honestly I think Domination is easiest.

Flag caps being 200, defends/aggressions being 125, and normal kills being 100. One cap and two or three kills and you get a UAV. Spawns are generally predictable. Games also usually last a bit longer unless a team is getting blown out, so there's usually more time to feel like you're doing something useful.

I concur. Dominationw as always more predictable and with the objective based point system in BOII, it's, imo, the highest point payback style of play.

Simply grabbing the opening flag gives points. Then if you're skill is lower, move slowly and try to support your team advancing to the B flag from a distance, and try to cap it when you've cleared a wave. 2-3 kills +2 flags is a good start.

I would also suggest cycling through lower streaks. UAV + HK + Care Package probably. CUAV is good too.

He should start small and work his way up.

wolfmanno11

I am still not the best player on a team by a long shot, but when I first started out online (mw3) I was superbly crap.

So, I helped the team out by equiping missiles on every class and taking it upon myself to help my higher killing / better team mates out, by making sure whenever the enemy put anything up into the air, I took it down in as short a time as possible. Literally seconds in most cases.

Even though I have got slightly better, I still do that to this day. Once you do it a few times, (especially, I have found, with headphones on) you can soon learn to 'hear' exactly where an engine noise is coming from and aim directly at it, rather than searching the skies like a nutter for ages. That way you are not exposing yourself undefended to an enemy any longer than necessary

If you get 75pts for a UAV and 100 for a CUAV you not only get those points but you indirectly help your team by keeping them off the map/enabling them to see.

Add in the engineer & blackhats combo and not only can you also use the blackhats to take down aircraft, you can also take out (and get 125 points for) sentry guns, guardians etc through walls, that can all cause problems for your team.

As PerkyNipzz says above, if you can grab a few flags in Domination as well, even without killing a single enemy you can soon get enough points for scorestreaks, and more importantly you are still helping your team to win the match.

You will get better eventually, you just need to find a way to play until you find you are getting streaks on kills alone.

Xx67Customs

lil_bugga: "There needs to be something for players that aren't experts to keep the game fun for us too..."

It's called a Care Package.

cranium2001

We all had to start somewhere. You should try some Kill Confirmed and run Hardline if you want to get some killstreaks going. You could actually get scorestreaks without even getting one kill. Play with some better players (preferably friends) and watch and learn from them. You really need to give it a chance.

raabstyle

As others have said, try DOM or KC. TDM is probably the worst game mode for obtaining kill streaks. Also, you have to pay your dues man. I started at the very end of World at War and had a 1.09 K/D. I was aweful, but I got better by playing and learning. In BO1, MW3 and BO2 my K/D is 2.5+.

I'm an old geezer, for a gamer, 39. So if I can do it w/ old man reflexes, anyone can.

gdogg79

I think Black Ops 2 should have revamped Support streaks not totally remove them.

wolfmanno11

I am 45 so in theory should be even slower than you!

Weirdly though, everyone at work tried the reflexes test website someone posted on here a few weeks ago, and i beat everybody in the office bar from a 25 year old fellow COD player. Bearing in mind I am the oldest, by at least 5 years, out of 8 workers i was well chuffed. Looks like some good has come out of all these late nights i put in trying to get guns gold.

I hate streak rewards.It promotes camping.

A much better system would be to randomly airdrop care packages in the game for both teams to fight over. This would probably make the Black Hat OP, so if a game ever did this, they shouldn't have a black hat.

nuttin2say

There is sooo many pointers and so much advice veteran players can give you, it would take up too much space here.

But one bit of advice I can give you? Stay away from objective based games until you're good at doing two other things first.

1 - Stay alive. It is more important that you don't give the opposing team scorestreaks than it is for you to earn a scorestreak.

2 - Let the kills come to you. That does not mean camp. What that means is that if you know there's a guy around the corner and you know he is facing that corner waiting for you to come around? Don't go  to him. Make him come to you. If you get really good at step 1, you'll see that step 2 happens non-stop all match long.

Want to get good at getting enough points/kills to call in scorestreaks or kill streaks?

Turn them off. Don't use them at all. That sounds to me to be your biggest problem. You're so focused on earning a damm UAV you get killed ten times in the process. Stay alive.

Stay alive.

Stay alive.

When you get good at that, you'll get good at getting kills and then you'll be good at calling in scorestreaks.

Adam1234567893

Another tip if you play Xbox 360 try taking off all aim assist then turn it back on once you find yourself at the level before you turned it off. And good advice also one time I didn't realize that I had my killstreaks turned off and I went 20 - 6 I was so mad that I did that good with out scorestreaks lol.

nuttin2say

That's a good point, too, Adam ... but I would not suggest anyone try playing multiplayer with target assist disabled. I just spent two weeks in pure hell playing with target assist turned off. The hit detection flat does not work if you turn off aim assist.

Do what Adam is suggesting in combat training. He's right: you want to get where you don't rely upon the game to find your targets ... but do it offline in combat training because you will really hate the game if you turn aim assist off and then play online multiplayer.