1 3 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 72 Replies Latest reply: Feb 3, 2013 8:36 PM by RoarinBlack For Ops Go to original post RSS
  • 40. Re: Black Ops 2 biggest problem is not Lag, its the Rage Quiters

I feel your pain. But there is a better way. Early on in the game if you feel you are lagging, back out of the game and allow host migration. It is not other players fault if they are given an unfair connection advantage.

• 41. Re: Black Ops 2 biggest problem is not Lag, its the Rage Quiters
    solaripicasso

Rage quitting is becuase of the LAG. I will usually play a game even if I get a .75 K/D. I have had some recent games where the First match I go 30/8 the Second match (same lobby, maybe a couple of new players) 11/25. What's ironic is the lobby never improves it only gets worse. I never go 11/25 then 30/3 it's always the oposite. I have downgraded my internet from FIOS to AT&T just so I don't get host. That has helped quite a bit especially in FFA. I play mainly Run and Gun not camp, when you R/G in FFA while host you end up getting basted by the other players. R/G + Lag Decomp = Rage Quit. I have been camping more when I notice a poor connection or issues and that sometime works.

Another note, when I am partied up with friends my connection gets worse. Think about all of these issues when trying to play League, it's just not a level playing field. The other weird issue is playing against Split screeners, most of the time they are the laggiest players in the room. I think when they remove split screeners from online play there may be some improvement.

I am bored of this game already, I have attained Prestige Master, there is nothing to keep me interested right now, so Rage quitting is easy to do, cause I just don't care about my score. If they added more Prestiges, or at least allowed you to see your points in the match it would help.

Remove the Host - Decomp Lag and more people will stay in the game.

• 42. Re: Black Ops 2 biggest problem is not Lag, its the Rage Quiters
    TheHive-Grandad

I have read this post with interest, hosts clearly have different experiences based on your connection quality.

I WISH I pulled host more often, it plays lovely for me and judging by the lack of quitters from the lobby when I am host it plays lovely for everyone else too. Unfortunately I only pull host when there are 1 or 2 host migrations, and then when the match ends it selects a new host for the next game until they end up leaving and I get host again.

I think the people who are having massive issues as host already have an AVERAGE connection and so they suffer, one of the guys I play with has an average broadband package and a non-impressive ping and when he is host which is relatively often it is unplayable for all of us including himself. I have fibre optic with an awesome ping in comparison and I never pull host at the start of matches as stated above.

I heard somewhere that Treyarch chose to select host based on the average ping of the lobby rather than the best ping and connection quality in the lobby as seen in previous COD titles, this may be the reasons for the massive variations in gameplay experience game to game.

I certainly haven't had a run of more than 3/4 games where I have felt as though it was a fair game connection wise.

• 43. Re: Black Ops 2 biggest problem is not Lag, its the Rage Quiters

Some of my best games have been when I am host. Usually when everyone has strong connections. The problem is, some of my worst games have also been when I'm host. Usually when there is at least one player with a poor connection.

• 44. Re: Black Ops 2 biggest problem is not Lag, its the Rage Quiters
    Scorr

Remove the benefits from ragequitting.

Regularly save stats from in game onto the leaderboard. If someone dashboards, then fine, you get the deaths and loss to go with it.

• 45. Re: Black Ops 2 biggest problem is not Lag, its the Rage Quiters
    TheHive-Grandad

It's so inconsistent. I think that's why people are so frustrated. I don't receive an advantage at all being host but it certainly feels like a more even playing field than when I am clearly a shot or two behind my opponent.

• 46. Re: Black Ops 2 biggest problem is not Lag, its the Rage Quiters

I can take a whipping never had a problem with that  but if I believe that I'm getting whipped because I'm host and at a disadvantage I'll dump in a heartbeat.

• 47. Re: Black Ops 2 biggest problem is not Lag, its the Rage Quiters

screw that if everybody who pulls host and is at a disadvantage because of it would just dashboard maybe the devs would try a little harder to fix the problem. letting the system work the way they intended gives them no incentive to fix the host issue.

I do get a kick out of probation though it's like they are saying "hey we can't fix this so we are going to punish you for not doing what we want you to do."

• 48. Re: Black Ops 2 biggest problem is not Lag, its the Rage Quiters
    WonkySausage

good idea, but with 1 massive flaw - this would generate even more lag, and would make the game stutter, and on a more regular basis every time the stats are uploaded..

What I' thought of was to have perhaps 2 hosts per game (excluding FFA) - one host per team, that way each host only has 6 players connections going through their modem, rather than 12. But again this could have major flaws - one host could have a 10ms ping and **** all over the other team, whos best ping rate is like 100ms. But then this is where matchmaking fails so badly.

• 49. Re: Black Ops 2 biggest problem is not Lag, its the Rage Quiters
    Azrael513

Why can't they bring back Mercenery TDM?

1 3 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next