39 Replies Latest reply: Feb 3, 2013 11:37 AM by The_Tickler RSS

Connection worst since patch?

nintendon't

Anyone else noticed a drop in connection since the patch? I've been getting constant 3 bars, best search option doesn't seem to work anymore, and I'm getting hit by a lot of curving bullets now.

• Re: Connection worst since patch?
    Padiego

YES! LOTS OF LAG.

Yup, there's been a lot more lag for me and everyone else I've party'd with.

fissuresofrequent

YES. About 1 or 2 people are on 4 bar when I play now out of a 16 player ground war............ -.-

Horrible lag and the glitch where guns jump after I finish running or throwing equiptment.

Pwnsweet

I have had the best connection (with the best hit detection) that I've seen since, well, the last time you guys were complaining about 'constant 3 bar'.

It seems that whenever people complain about 'constant 3 bar' I have an awesome connection, and when it's 'all fixed', I'm back to disgusting connections. And it's not the placebo effect either, because other people in my region have noted the same thing.

Are you guys legitimately having more lag or are you just thinking you have because you now see '3 bar' instead of 4? In other words, can you actually feel that there's more lag?

nintendon't

I noticed the lag right off the bat when the patch first hit but I figured the connection probably was bad because not everyone had the patch yet....but it's still laggy 2 days later.

It has nothing to do with placebo effect or anything, I've been having a tougher time in matches, I'm getting magic bullets, and people aren't dying as quickly as before. It seems like when ever connections are good for Europeans and Australians they're bad for everyone else and vice versa.

Pwnsweet

Seems like it, yeah. Damn. My hit detection is now near perfect. No magic bullets, no disappearing bullets and some of the best 3 bar connections I've ever seen.

Convict7

WTF!?

Connections were decent for me last week, I had crappy games, but nothing that I couldn't have dealt with, now, I can't kill anyone, I can't capture, I can't collect tags on KC because there is a magickal force field on that wanker with Ballistic knife who just steals your tags, that bounces me off the map, as if it was a car crash of two old Volvos with rubber bumbers.

Connections are just completely random, as if the game would just pick the guy who has scored damn fine in several games in a row and punish him with lag BS so that the bad players would dominate.

CONSPIRACY!

codcanuck

I haven't noticed more lag than before, but there are a TON of server disconnections and host migrations now.

The whole game is wrecked. I don't seem to have any issues when I lpay solo during the day when there's about 1600 online, but when I want to relax with my friends in the evening its all screwed and it ruins the play. But hey, what else did we expect huh?

LuRcHED

The animation glitch happens on the first few games then goes away. The lag is horrible. When you're finally able to join friends in a lobby, if someone in your group backs out, you lose someone and they can't rejoin. I had to shut down and power up my Wii-U 4 times today to rejoin matches. Friends say that they see you in either in pre-game lobby or in a party that's joinable, but can't join. Even if you're invited.

like2nap03

Part of me really wants to download this to try the new Wiimote controls.  But I really don't want to deal with lag and my character appearing to have a siezure.  I also don't want to download two patches if that's what it will take to fix these issues.  Guess I'll just keep on a waiting.

BlackMetroid95

I haven't played online for a bit..Is it that bad?

DatBigSwitcha2

welcome to what 99% of the players have been dealing with since december.

nintendon't

I wouldn't say it's unplayable like the drama queens here make it out to be. It's just not as good as prepatch.

Craszitt

connection and hitdetection is better than ever for me and my friends in europe!

before the patch my americans friends ALLWAYS slaughtered us. no matter who was hosting, it always felt that they were 1 second in front of us.

if they fix the glitches, it could be an even playingfield in my opinion.

also, my stats are going back to normal. in every cod game i had almost the same stats (accuracy, k/d, w/l) but here at the beginning i felt like a big noob who is playing his first cod game.

nintendon't

The only reason it seems better for you is because everyone else's connection got degraded. That's not "fair" at all.

Craszitt

strange that most of my friends i asked are saying the same .

maybe its time for you to man up and deal with it that your advantage is gone (sry, last time you said kinda the same  to me and others)

btw: last time i played with you (it was a while ago and you played with beast and fissure) you had a constant redbar connection while i was hosting. even my friends from the usa with a not so good connection (3-6mbit) always get a constant 3 bars connection.

i had to play with the worst hostlag i had ever suffer! no gunsounds, instand deaths the whole time, the whole game i had to play in slowmotion. i had never seen something like this before.

we could never seen fissure on our screen but the killcam showed that he was standing right in front of us when he killed us.

you left after one game and then my connection went back to normal. maybe it was just a coincidence or somebody in your house was screwing the connection, who knows.

maybe you had an advantage over other players during the past months?. have you thought about it?

maybe you are suffering now like we did before?

before patch in most of my/our games, no matter what i did, no matter how good i played imo, no matter if i fired a whole clip into someones back(!) with getting 20-30hitmarkers, i got downed in a split second.

is this fair? me and most of my friends had this now for over two months. people we used to "destroy" for years became gods on the battlefield from our point of view. while you could enjoy the game and kept bashing other peoples which were suffering..

a friend made a nice clip in kino back then. you could see him firing a whole assault rifle clip into someones back while this guy was standing trying to throw c4 over a wall on slums. this guy was standing still! but after taking a whole clip into his back he just turned around and killed my friend. this happened to almost all my friends, doesnt matter what connection they have and this stuff finally ended with the last patch for me and many of my friends! maybe some people from the usa and other countrys are experiencing now the same XXX some others were suffering before?

i dont want you or any other to suffer the same XXX i did before, really. but i want to be able play the game like you did before. i want to say: "hell, this game has many mistakes, but i really enjoy it" and i can finally say this.

if it goes like prepatch, many people will dump the game. if it stays like this the same will happen. hopefully they will find a middle way to satisfay all of us.

my english is bad as sh.. i know. but i hope you dont get me wrong and that you can understand it

DatBigSwitcha2

I would agree with you saying they're drama queens, if I hadnt actually seen what this game does and how stupid the lag can get.

If someone told me they unloaded a clip of LMG into someones head and they survived, I would probably beleive it. I've been on the end where i've been firing countless bullets at someone and them not dying, and i've been on the end where i'm seemingly invincible to the opponent.

All in all, this game is nothing more than a game of probability. If you're connection is favourbale, you will do well no matter how bad you are. If you connection isnt favourable, you will do badly no matter how good you are.

That is the nature of Black ops 2.

Ai_Ajax

My connection has sucked since the patch.  Getting booted offline randomly too and that never happened on consistent basis, but now it seems like it does it a lot.  I'm getting dropped in 1 bullet numerous times, getting hitmarkers when I should be getting kills, etc.  Its slightly frustrating, but at least I have another game to play in the meantime.

the1andonlyIKY

ive noticed lately that there are also some games that seen to have no host.. i.e. no one in the game has a 4 bar. i have even been in a game where EVERYONE had a 1 bar. and in 2 out of three i had no lag in those games. i still left 2 for fear of glitching up or freezing.

theres also been games where my connection goes up and down - especially if i host (it eventually kicks me and migrates host almost every time). i had several games just yesterday where i started lagging and eventually freeze framing before freezing the game all together. the one time i caught it and left before it froze up i was immediately kicked offline and had to go to the main menu and start over.

any of you guys have had similar problems?

like2nap03

The "Best" search option sure doesn't work for me.  I switched to normal and found a match right away.  I played for two hours in the same lobby with mostly the same people.  3 people had 4 bars.  The rest of us had 3.  Lag seemed ok.  Taking cover was even more pointless than normal, but I didn't have issues shooting my targets.  Died A LOT more around corners and the kill cams seemed way off with what I saw.  I know they always are but this was much worse than before this patch. 

So too early to tell for me if lag is worse for killing people.  Hit detection was solid and I didn't have a single "instant" death moment.  Dying around corners felt like MW3.  There was just no point in even trying to take cover.  And the Best search option didn't work at all (I tried for about 10 minutes).  I'll post again after some more playing time.

nintendon't

Bumping. I'm still getting constant 3 bar/2 bar games and "Best" doesn't work anymore. I almost always get shot around corners now....

like2nap03

A_Trey_U said we should give it till next week and see how the lag is.  I'm not sure why.  If the Best option doesn't work I don't think waiting till next week will matter.  And if that won't change then why would anything else?  He also said they would take care of it if the lag didn't go away by next week.

PenguinAvenger

I havent been able to use "Best" search function since the very first patch.  Normal works thought, but it matches me with people from other continents (Im in the Americas), which forces me to play games at 2 bars most of the time.

like2nap03

And right now the lag seems pretty bad.  If I get a 4 bar (rare at the moment) things run pretty good.  If I host then it's just plain beast mode.  The rest of the time I can barely break a 2.0kdr.  Lot of those instant deaths today.  You know where you shoot a guy 4 times in the back and he turns and appears to drop you in one shot?  But on the killcam he turned and started firing before you did.  Yeah, that's happening a lot on 3 bars.  I hope they change this back.  Not sure why this happens every time we get a patch.  The Best option breaks and lag is 3 times worse.

wawin1221

I have a high speed internet, wired connection, open nat and always 4 bars. Alot of player have terrible connection that lags mainly 3 bars and bellow. I leave games knowing that I am almost always the host. ppl open your nat connection and get a wired connection. 

Clofairy

I've noticed I'm getting abit of lag since the most recent patch. I have never had a problem regarding my connection before.

Convict7

Yesterday things seemed to be fine again for me, but now I am dropping down to two bars, sigh.

Isn't there anything that could be done, I'm tired of getting a good start and then someone joins and I get screwed.

Why is it always me, my connection isn't that bad, it's supposed to be solid 8/10, I have no idea about those A, B,C grades you guys have, I guess it's around B?

The_Tickler

Before the patch I was 4 bars 90% of the time. Now I'm 3 bars 90% of the time. Lag's pretty awful now.