21 Replies Latest reply: Feb 2, 2013 4:01 PM by M4GNUM RSS

@Buffed Wiimote Aim Assist

Wozny

Treyarch, I know you're doing everything in your power to balance the controllers, but instead of buffing Wiimote Aim assist, you should have nerfed Analog Aim assist. I know it sounds like I'm ********, but I think that analogs and wiimote both don't need these large amounts of Target Assist.

• Re: @Buffed Wiimote Aim Assist
    nintendon't

Why should DA players have inferior controls to the PS360 versions because of someone else's control choice?

GermanicMexican

Why should Ps360 versions have aim assist to being with?

nintendon't

You need it for smooth controls because sticks are innaccurate. Almost every console first person shooter made in the past 10 years or so has aim assist.

GermanicMexican

Killzone has no aim assist, yet I don't see people crying about it.

Good players do good. Bad players do bad. Unlike in games with aim assist, you will rarely see a bad player beat a good player.

Pwnsweet

*this argument only applies to platforms with only one control input. ie, PS360*

If you think about it, having no aim assist is almost the same thing as having aim assist.

There are only two differences:

1. If you have no aim assist you allow for greater skill variation between players because 'the ability to aim' becomes a larger factor in differentiating 'the skill' of players, however;

2. If you have no aim assist you also make the game less pick-up-and-play friendly (read: noobs can't kill good players as well resulting in noobs not liking the game as much resulting in less money for Activision resulting in...)

So that's why aim assist is in this game.

He's not saying inferior, he's saying buff. These DA sniper noobs are killing the game. Thet have the superior control, no doubt about that. Like its been mentioned by many people, treyarch ruined the game with this. Its not right that a sniper can take you down with one shot while running and gunning. Didn't treyarch promise to take out quick scoping? If so, what happened there. A sniper should snipe, not run and gun with a sniper rifle. If snipers didn't know this, why are they running with a sniper rifle and not a pistol, or using overkill with a AR or SMG? They're abusing this advantage and using it for easy peasey kills. They're worse noobs than a PDW whore..

nintendon\'t wrote:

Why should DA players have inferior controls to the PS360 versions because of someone else's control choice?

nintendon't

People say it's easy to snipe but I always get destroyed when I try to quickscope. :/

Also where are all these bad ass snipers people keep talking about? Most of the sniper only guys I've seen are a 1-1.50 KDR. Doesn't exactly scream "OP".

nintendon\'t wrote:

Also where are all these bad ass snipers people keep talking about?

Obviously in hctdm. Come see for your self if you think i'm making all this up..

nintendon't

The aim assist doesn't even help much with quickscoping because supposedly it doesn't take affect until you're scoped all the way in.

It seems like people just like to hate snipers. Like when people complained about CCP quickscoping on BO1 even though it was more difficult to do than on the PS3/360 because Wii never got the sniper improvement patches....

nintendon\'t wrote:

The aim assist doesn't even help much with quickscoping because supposedly it doesn't take affect until you're scoped all the way in.

It seems like people just like to hate snipers. Like when people complained about CCP quickscoping on BO1 even though it was more difficult to do than on the PS3/360 because Wii never got the sniper improvement patches....

Again, I was taken out quite a few times lastnight in BO1 in hctdm by run and gun snipers. I must be unlucky I suppose..

M4GNUM

I've played against some really good snipers. They pick great positions and do a good job. I haven't run into any quickscopers yet though - only those who think a sniper rifle is an SMG. Spray! Spray! Spray!

Its not OP , and they usually do have a 1-1.5kdr coz they get good lobbies where people keep going then same route, to play off the bad games they have. The thing about them is theyre irritating as hell, especially if you get a party of them ,and if they set up well and know what theyre doing its impossible to play against given the power and ramge of the guns.

Padiego

quickscoping is abusing aim assist. I never quick scope or use da, but the first 3 matches o quickscoped in i managed to get a stealth chopper. It is insanely easy to quickscope, anyone can do it. I shall teach you noobs in the ancient art of qs if you want.

onlyUSEmeMARIO wrote:

Its not OP , and they usually do have a 1-1.5kdr coz they get good lobbies where people keep going then same route, to play off the bad games they have. The thing about them is theyre irritating as hell, especially if you get a party of them ,and if they set up well and know what theyre doing its impossible to play against given the power and ramge of the guns.

Of course they're OP, and I don't see many that set up in a sniper spot for long, I know the ghost perk makes them move, but thats when you switch to a pistol, not chase people around with the sniper rifle. If it was hard, why are they doing it? Because they can, easerly. Stick around long enough in hctdm and you'll be more irritated by them than the campers.

M4GNUM

Am I the only one that notices no change with Aim Assist turned on? No matter my settings, I'm not seeing anything. The changes to the Wiimote as a whole are much better though. Just not seeing this buff AA people are talking about.

My guess is that your wiimotr sensitivity setting values are rather low. As a Wiimote player whose sensitivity setting values have always been high (hgih camera speed, no deadzones, hgih cursor and camera sensitiyvity), I think that anyone who shares these Settings or, at least, very similar to them, would quite easily tell the difference because it sure is huge. Maybe thats why my friend Riah told me she noted no difference: because she uses a high deadzone value and that stuff (when she gets final killcams).

Anyway, i think that Treyarchs decision to increaes the Target Assist values for us wiimote users like 2 months after the games release was not smart at all because, IMO, u cant expect a wiimote person to play the way they did before the patch NOW that the TA has been significantly changed, because they were used to that default TA settings, so what Treyarch basically did is ruin thsi game for me, unless they decide to set the TA loke it was b4.

M4GNUM

That's it then. I have zero deadzones, but my sensitivity is low: 16, 11, 11, 1. Camera speed is 40, 30, 40, 30. I feel no difference with aim assist after the patch, than before the patch. And that's okay with me...I just have it turned off anyway.