25 Replies Latest reply: Feb 3, 2013 10:36 AM by Convict7 RSS

OP Gun: Remington 870 MCS Yes or No.

Wozny

Remington 870 MCS. Do you think it is Overpowered?

Me, No, I think it's 1 hit rage just needs to be reduced a shitload. Also, sometimes it feels as though 1 pellet from the Shotgun kills me(To those of you who are confused, Shotguns shoot a "splatter" with a number of "pellets", unlike the KSG's Buckshot...)

What do you think about the gun and/or people who use it.

• Re: OP Gun: Remington 870 MCS Yes or No.
    like2nap03

It's not OP but you want it nerfed?  I think it was OP which is why it got nerfed.  I haven't tried it since the nerf.  I'm waiting for them to fix the patch before I download it.

Wozny

I don't thik the Gun itself is OP, yet I do... It's hard to explain. Sometimes, One pellet will kill me from a distance. I think the 1 hit range should be reduced is all.

like2nap03

Wozny wrote:

I don't thik the Gun itself is OP, yet I do... It's hard to explain. Sometimes, One pellet will kill me from a distance. I think the 1 hit range should be reduced is all.

Have you run into it since the patch?  Cause it was nerfed a little.  I'm guessing you did but I don't like to assume things. 

Godotpwn

Useless without pump cancelling or 4 bar connections.

DatBigSwitcha2

The maps are what makes the remmington seem good, 90% of the time the extreme CQB nature of the maps put you in the OSKO range of the remmington, making it easy to use.

The aim assist doesnt exactly make it hard to use either, why OSKO weapons have aim assist is beyond me, i find it to be a stupid mechanic, if you want to use a OSK weapon, you should at least have to aim it yourself 100%.

So yeah, aim assist aside, the maps make it easy to use and deadly too. I saw some level 13 guy on carrier waste a whole opposing team of 2nd and 3rd prestigers with it. ON CARRIER! Totally insane.

No matter how much you nerf it, the R870 will still be an easy gun to use, and its a crutch for bad players. Its the "im being beasted, lets pull out the Remmy" gun of the CoD series, just like the akimboes from Mw3.

Oh and is it me, or does no-one ever get a hitmarker on me with this thing? Yet when i try and use it, i get hitmarkers for days....

T-boss

slow pump speed nerf for KSG, and remmington. KSG range nerf.

dont know how good remmington range nerf is but i do know the gun now practicly needs longberrel. which screwed up shotgun balance ingeneral.

infinitlag

T-boss wrote:

KSG range nerf.

The KSG's range is what makes it unique. Why change it?

@OP Its probably the same as guns in the past, but its used more, so more people have to whine.

Nerf the SMGs before you TOUCH the shotguns.

ClonedLF

Everyone knows that long barrel on a shotgun is ALWAYS a must, preferrably with laser sight too. There's isn't any other attachment that grants more advantages than those two. Most shotguns have more than enough capacity to kill and entire team, but I'll admit you can make an argument about the S12, since it can be pretty sluggish on the reloads.

TL; DR version: Go home T-boss, you're drunk.

EliteKing

remmy buckshot = spread of pellets

ksg = slug

as far as op...it needs to be buffed now.

think about it, ITS A SHOTGUN!

all other guys running smgs or ARs like smgs spray 30 40 bullets at you, shotty users get 1 or 2 shots off before you succumb to the prayers of sprayers.

codcanuck

It needs to pump WAY slower, or at least not have the ability to pump cancel.

Having a OHK shotgun that can fire faster than once per second is just stupid.

I also think all OHK weapons should have aim assist disabled for them.

I have Diamond shotguns on the WIIU version. I play shotguns mainly (either shotguns or pistols)

I can honestly say that shotguns in general are NOT overpowered.

There are honestly so many ways to counter a shotgun user. Sure, they're a pain when you don't expect them but they're limited and usually go on the same route (allyways, small rooms, corridors)
    BO2 is a CQC game and as such you should naturally expect CQC duals.

Remmy: By far the most 'noobiest' shotgun. It has a far OKHO range and it can be used by noobs, which makes it deadly.

Ksg: Have you even used it? Try to get it gold and you'll see this lovely hitmarker machine. Sure, it has a long range but use it for more than one game and you'll come back trying wanting it to be buffed.

M1216: Deadly at closerange but it sucks at mid-range. This isn't used by noobs because you have to time the reloads.

S12: It's a beast for multi-kills, on 1v1 encounters it's quite a pain (unless you can trigger it quickly)

I hate it when you guys cry that shotguns are overpowered. Seriously, get a life and learn how to counter them. I find it hypocritical that you moan about them when you yourself are probably using an SMG (PDW) with a silencer on every single map.

The thing about shotgun users is that they die shortly after they kill (unless you're facing a pro shotgun user). He may get 2-4 kills before he dies and they usually have a 1kd. This means that they are limited to scorestreaks and NEVER end up getting anything more than a wartog (not from what I have seen).

Let's compare this with a SMG user, not only do they have range. They have a lot of ammo and flexability. How often do you see these SMG 'pro's use higher end scorestreaks?  I personally find them quite often (either SMG or Assault rushers)

So, who is OP

Think about it and stop complaining.

infinitlag

Necromencer wrote:

I have Diamond shotguns on the WIIU version. I play shotguns mainly (either shotguns or pistols)

I can honestly say that shotguns in general are NOT overpowered.

There are honestly so many ways to counter a shotgun user. Sure, they're a pain when you don't expect them but they're limited and usually go on the same route (allyways, small rooms, corridors)
      BO2 is a CQC game and as such you should naturally expect CQC duals.

Remmy: By far the most 'noobiest' shotgun. It has a far OKHO range and it can be used by noobs, which makes it deadly.

Ksg: Have you even used it? Try to get it gold and you'll see this lovely hitmarker machine. Sure, it has a long range but use it for more than one game and you'll come back trying wanting it to be buffed.

M1216: Deadly at closerange but it sucks at mid-range. This isn't used by noobs because you have to time the reloads.

S12: It's a beast for multi-kills, on 1v1 encounters it's quite a pain (unless you can trigger it quickly)

I hate it when you guys cry that shotguns are overpowered. Seriously, get a life and learn how to counter them. I find it hypocritical that you moan about them when you yourself are probably using an SMG (PDW) with a silencer on every single map.

The thing about shotgun users is that they die shortly after they kill (unless you're facing a pro shotgun user). He may get 2-4 kills before he dies and they usually have a 1kd. This means that they are limited to scorestreaks and NEVER end up getting anything more than a wartog (not from what I have seen).

Let's compare this with a SMG user, not only do they have range. They have a lot of ammo and flexability. How often do you see these SMG 'pro's use higher end scorestreaks?  I personally find them quite often (either SMG or Assault rushers)

So, who is OP

Think about it and stop complaining.

Completly agreed, you have learnt well.

I think there were equal shotguns as some of these that were NEVER mentioned as OP.

DatBigSwitcha2

I stopped taking you seriously when you said you play shotgunners who have a 1KD and used that as a basis for arguing they're not powerful or easy to use.

I'm sorry but I'm not taking you seriously either until you learn to read (at least)

Quoting myself:

•  

I think I make it clear that it is the most 'noobiest' gun, by EXPLICITLY saying it. In fact, just read what I quoted and you'll see why you're wrong.

What I was saying about the 1kd people is that the majority of the people that use it are noobs/newbs. That's one of the reasons why people think it is OP, just for the mere fact that it can be used effectively with no skill at all.

Pwnsweet

I agree that the R870 should pump slower

It needs way more recoil.

Padiego

Before patch, the range on it was crazy. I didn't think it was that OP, since anytime I used it, I kept getting hitmarkers with it. See, when I call a gun OP, it is because I've used it in the past and know for a fact it is easy to use. After patch....they seriously nerfed the range. Its only a OHK at very close range. I think it's fine now.

chad111

I'll bet that anybody that whines about the smgs, shotguns, and automatic pistols, considers the assault rifle class their favorite. I cannot recall one post about nerfing an assault rifle. Quit crying, deal with it.

Convict7

It's because there is no OP AR in this game, think about it, the few ARs with barely any recoil, such as MTAR, Type 25 and M27 for example, they all have rather high RoF, but they're weak over the range and what makes them even weaker is attaching silencer into them, M27, I don't recommend it.

Type 25, becomes an SMG with the silencer so it's probaly the only weapon I can counter any SMG without being nearly killed, lovely gun

MTAR, ugh, I don't know why, but I think that it's stats are complete BS, feels weaker than what it's supposed to be.

Reason why SMGs are getting hate is because the map design favours them in every single map, even on the larger maps the SMG users are so fast with their movement that they can just do the typical BO2 players assault, attack from behind or rush right in front of you where the only thing that matters is the RoF.

Only weapon from SMGs that has taken my attention for now is the Skorpion, today I've faced few guys with it.

I don't know why are some SMGs instakills against me, either it's the lag, or then there is a bug that makes the FMJ affect the damage of the weapon, even it's supposed to only help with the penetration trough materials.

PenguinAvenger

Probably because ARs are usually meant to be the "balanced" weapon.  Although before I thought the M8 damage was a bit too much.