That's part of the first patch, not yesterday's.
As you are aware, a patch was released on 12/21/12. The patch included the following:
- Cross platform bug fixes and modifications as reported in “21 Nov 2012 Xbox 360 Game Update”
- Added Cursor Sensitivity and Camera Speed settings - released a Hot Fix to address issues in the patch
- Reduced voice chat sensitivity
- Added Output Device setting to Audio Settings for playing with headphones
- Host player can now see bullet marks
- Enabled predictive text for GamePad keyboard
- Lightning Strike points can now be set by touching the GamePad
- Performance optimizations
- Fixed various crashes
Not sure about the Chopper, though.
If this happens with the stealth chopper, I would just hit A to confirm its position and not move it at all because then it places it right in the middle of the map which would be a good spot for it to be anyways and you don't have to guess what direction you have to put it in too. With lightning strike, there's not much you can do...