8 Replies Latest reply: Feb 5, 2013 9:21 AM by eXcThinkFast RSS

BIG ISSUE WITH ZOMBIES ON PC

eXcThinkFast

Okay i need help,

Since the last patch for zombies came out 25.611.2 i have a big issue, whenever i go to black ops 2 zombies i have a problem. So i go to public match, town, survival and the lobby page opens. The game finds three more players and the countdown starts. And it goes "The game is about to start 5,4,3,2,1" and then black screen. In the bottom right corner the black ops logo and treyarch sign are frozen. The orange line on the treyarch sign does not move. And it stays like that forever. In the background i can hear the music you get when a map is starting but no image except the frozen black ops 2 logo and frozen treyarch sign. And i left it for like 10 minutes like that and the song keeps playing on and on but noothing happens and then i have to ctrl+alt+delete and end the game by the task manager. But TranZit works. I do the same. It finds the players and the game starts as usual. But survival or grief doesnt work on any map. I really dont like this. Everything used to be fine and after the patch i got the problem. Please i want to know if i am the only one with this problem. I hope not. I hope treyarch and activision will release an update for this problem.

• Re: BIG ISSUE WITH ZOMBIES ON PC

I had the same problem. I first had played a solo Survival match on the farm and then went to do the same match online with a group. It first had the black screen with the logo in the corner and then came up with that postcard looking screen, but then it changed to the sounds that are there when the match begins, though the match never did. I had to ctrl alt delete out of it as well.

I restarted and it does the same thing on solo mode after I've already died once. Same farm map on Survival mode, and when I go to start the match again, it just hangs on the black loading screen.

I just got the game the other day, after the last patch had already been released, so I can't speak for whether or not it has something to do with the patch in my case. Multiplayer is fine though.

eXcThinkFast

Yes i know, playing multiplayer all day and not a single proble. Sadly im glad im not the only one and probably this will be fixed with an update soon. I really hope. Thanks for the reply (:

Sure thing. I'm having a weird issue where the game isn't quitting out. I use the quit option in the menu and then I went to exit out of Steam, and it popped up saying I had to close out of Black Ops 2 to be able to exit Steam, which is just odd. It wasn't even running in my taskbar anymore. So I went to the task manager and there it was, running as a process. When I selected it to close it, it brought the Black Ops 2 main menu back up, and then I quit out of that, and it was no longer a running process. It's just weird.

Hey I think I fixed the issues I was having. I found a stickied thread on the Steam forums and followed what it said, and now it's not doing any of the weird things I posted about before.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3001753

I verified the game cache files, and then ran the vcredist_x86.exe file and repaired the installation, and then ran the dxsetup, all detailed in the post. Give that a try, hopefully that works for you. I was able to play more than one solo match without it crashing or freezing when trying to start another.