22 Replies Latest reply: Mar 16, 2013 4:55 PM by domgalmem RSS

Anyone Back to MW3?

scotland-rules

Has anyone returned to MW3.

I have, I recently prestiged on MW3 after not doing so for about 4 or so months (stopped before BO2 came out) and I have been having so much fun with said game. I mean I dislike a lot about the game, namely the map design, still being a little too small for my liking but overall the game is amazing compared to BO2, The spawns are almost amazing compared to BO2. The game play is more impressive and team based and you can play how you want to play. You don't have to be a run and gun man or a complete camper. You can be in the middle, be tactical or sneaky.

Overall MW3, with all its problems, looks amazing compared to black ops 2.

Anyone else returning to this old game?

• Re: Anyone Back to MW3?
    ChestSplittah

I have been tempted, but I just can't bring myself to play. I may someday.

scotland-rules

I had that feeling for quite sometime, I got this feeling around mid December when I couldn't play any CoD because MW3 was still fresh in my mind and Black Ops 2 was hell. However hover the last two weeks I have been playing MW3 and have been loving it.

The best thing is, because my friend only has BO2 and only comes on once a week I play it once a week just to catch up with him. So I am continually reminded of the horrors of Black Ops 2. Which then when I think of the Cons of MW3, I remind myself of Black Ops 2 and those cons seem very small compared to the Cons of BO2.

sutakas

Yesterday just played MW3 and CoD4 fo a while and even with 3 bars gameplay was excellent. I could use ARs again..sweet:)

Played TDM and in both games it was pretty fast paced, in bo2 TDM is becoming campfest (this is the reason why I only play KC in BO2).

hyper72

Yeah gone back full time MW3 is amazing next to blopflops2...... Ok MW3 still to this day has its problems but atleast you know your gonna have a good shoot out instead of in black ops2 not sure what the game will give you a good connection lag comp free ish or lag comp the **** out of you and make you wont to rage quit... Moving forward this is a very sad time for activision and trayarch very sad.

ab36

MW3's been the worst Call of Duty yet, and so I haven't played it and don't plan on it. I don't know if people don't recall but that game is where the whole "lag comp everywhere" complaints really started, and where it was basically you see someone first = you win the "gunfight", which isn't how it should be. If you are a better shot than someone else, you should win the gunfight, but Stopping Power being built into every gun made it too difficult to get away from enemy fire and recover to turn it into a gun fight.

It's ironic that people are saying it's amazing now, particularly because the things people complain about in this game are what people complained about in MW3. And it was much worse in MW3 imo, but maybe players will see that when MW4 or whatever it may be comes out. If I were to revisit an old Call of Duty, it'd be Black Ops 1 (since Call of Duty 4 is hacked ). MW3 is the same game that made most people wary of even buying another IW Call of Duty game, myself included.

kenjitill

No way mw3 sucked, should have been a map pack for mw2

rlbl

No... never have and never will.

IW puts too much garbage in their games and the experience is terrible.

There is still a forum for MW3, go back there

BO2 craps over MW3.

sstang1

I go back to MW3 for the Clan Ops and despite having already played it over 600 hours I still prefer it to Black Ops 2.

I just like the look of the graphics - and the maps are much nicer - weapons feel powerful - ie I don't get 5 or 6 hitmarkers and the person still isn't dead like BO2.

I have always preferred Infinity Wards COD games over Treyarchs offerings.

My top three COD Games of all time -

1. MW2

2. MW3

3. BO2

BukLau101

I find it interesting how people's experiences differ for example even to this day MW3 lags like crazy for me compared to blops 2 but some people experience the opposite. Anyway I swore to be done with MW3 but a couple of days ago I partied up with some friends and soon realised why I never wanted to play MW3 again

sutakas

I only play 50/75ms games and so far I haven't noticed any major lag in MW3. There may have little lag, but majority of gun fights are from distance, so those 0.05-0.1 secs behind isn't so decisive.

In BO2, very often I feel like I'm about 0,2-0,5 seconds behind or my opponents have World greatest reaction times:)

dalger22

By this time last year, I was done playing MW3.  I'm still playing BO2.  Answers your question there.

garryowen107

just recently went back to mw3 to see how it was. Yes lag is a bit of a factor in mw3 but when i shoot somebody they die.

Spaceboss

Nope BO2 for me although I was thinking of playing other games. hmm no I have to unlock camo still.

Mw3 is funner. I always play it at night. I love maps like resistance, seatown, and dome

Turtle_Tommy

I've only played MW3 a couple of times since Black Ops 2 came out. Each time I got bored quickly and went back to Black ops 2. I also disliked playing because of how little the objective was played in MW3. Although sometimes the objective can be ignored, I feel it is played way more in Black Ops 2 due to the addition of scorestreaks.

scotland-rules

Interesting this was moved to the off topic section. However it was discussing Call of Duty Black Ops 2 at the same time....hmmm....

amanda

Although I like Black Ops 2 better I am seriosuly concidering going back. The connection I have for BO2 blows! And I cant even access the store to download the new content. Its a fun game but really frustrating when you are running around with a 1 bar connection!

YourAverageRusher675

sometimes, I go back to black ops 1 but black ops 2 is okay for me (besides the lag)