23 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2013 8:39 PM by Holliday9139 RSS

What do boosters get?

SyF1418

To be honest with you I've never actually saw any boosting progress throw my whole gaming in BO2 until this week I caught about 16 booster!! I know right? The secret is that they play in hardcore.. My guessing is cause there is no mini map maybe ? But anyway I report them all the time, some of them are even creative ! One dude had two Guardians set up in the box next to the spawns in hydro so know one can get inside and see them! But my eye caught them cause I had engineer :p so what is their punishment ? Or do they even have one ?  I think that 3arch should reset their weapons cause their boosting to get diamond anyway..

• Re: What do boosters get?
    blackheart_72

I record them if I do come across any. Found two the other day and recorded a few minutes of them boosting which was then sent to cutpurse and tweeted to Vahn.

Needless to say when I checked elite Mr prestige 7 went to being Mr prestige 0 after a couple of days.

LeeJones

I've caught so many booster reported them in game and nothing has happened to any of them i've tracked them with elite and i started rendering videos of them to send to clairejeepchick ATVIAssist ect but still nothing has been done about them all they ever say is report them ingame thats the best way so i gave up on it. Who is Cutpurse and how do u get hold of them?

UgotDoneUp

i had two in a dom game the other day that got the final kill cam!

as for what u get, camo's, weapon unlocks, nuke calling card, high end score streaks, you name it

CowboySr

The official word from the mods here and David Vander himself is to report them ingame and that it really works. The real deal behind it is that there are so many people doing it that they can only monitor a very small % of those who abuse it. So the way I understand it is that it works like a que where a persons GT that is reported the most prob falls into the top of a que. Their games are reviewed at the time they are reported. If somethings found, they get reset.  In MW3 there were a few people early on you could send PMs to that would get it done, but that didnt last long. There is nothing like that here at 3arch, at least not anymore if there ever was.  Its more of a hassle for the companies to pay someone just to do that.

I personally believe they should remove the tac insert and add more spawns. Call it a day.

Diamond camo lol

Am i the only one who feels like boosting isn't cheating, it's called free choice to play the way activision created the game. IMO its their fault in how they made tactical insertions operate that creates a "boosting" problem. Freedom of choice to die a bunch to let your friend rank or the other way around. I find it funny when kids say that its a tactical insertion glitch... lol its not, thank treyarch and activision for ruining your life.

whiteknight1902

Yes you are the only one.

I saw a old friend on cod last night and his whole clan (apart from 2) of 30 got reset and they all have a k/d of 0.05 now lol.

It does not affect my game, so I really care about people boosting.

If anything it seems like it would just make the game boring because there is nothing to work for.  If I'm not getting xp or unlocking something, I'm pretty bored.

But it is against the TOS and so boosters can expect to get reported and reset/banned.

Yeah see the TOS portion for "boosting" i guess is Treyarch's and Activision's way of limiting the amount of complaints they get. i'm sure its much more annoying for them to hear from the millions of snitches every day then they care about someone gaining fictional xp lol. I guess i don't blame them.

ultimaterider1

Griefbot wrote:

It does not affect my game, so I really care about people boosting.

If anything it seems like it would just make the game boring because there is nothing to work for.  If I'm not getting xp or unlocking something, I'm pretty bored.

But it is against the TOS and so boosters can expect to get reported and reset/banned.

Boosting can effect the game outcome, I was in a match didn't think nothing of it, till I went into theater mode cause I thought someone was lag switching and that is where I found two players boosting, they had a vsat and dogs and i forget the other one, but they was losing and we was winning then one person gotten a vsat and a swarm but we was still winning then when he used his vsats and dogs and the other scorestreak its when the game turned around and they won, it made the one that gotten the vsat and swarm to get another one cause of the dogs running around and a vsat up, so boosting can affect the outcome of the game. Of Course I reported both of them for boosting.

nflfenatic

It does effect the game when they start using scorestreaks. If they just want to get their headshots because they can't get them like a normal person and don't use scorestreaks then it may not effect the game. But when 30 seconds into the game you have warthog then dogs then swarm then back to warthog etc. it effects the game. They should get a ban for cheating when they use scorestreaks.

rankismet

BoosterRuinedMyLife wrote:

Am i the only one who feels like boosting isn't cheating.. [...]

No.

But then again... I don't care what those who agree with you might feel.

Adam1234567893

I think boosters should be reset to level 1 with -999,999,999 XP first offense so it takes them weeks just to get to level 2.