19 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2013 11:03 PM by parnezzi RSS

Flak jacket

Oxidez

The whole flack jacket and ub3r 0v3rp0w3r3d stuff.....Are you serious?! I threw a big as block of c4 right NEXT to a guy double tapped x soon as possible and what happens.. A hitmarker. Fair enough if it was a grenade ya know I can understand that but a FCKING HUGE ASS BLOCK OF c4 gets me a hitmarker?!

Because of flak jacket i equip c4 since grenades are pretty much useless nowadays. Heck not even a SMAW  will get a kill  when shot at their feet. (from expierence ive learnt this) I dont like to moan and whine but i seem to do nothing but with this game.

Why dont the developers learn and get it in to their money driven mind that we want the game to go back to the cod 4 style of gameplay when its down to skill and teamplay not get ub3r p3rks that make you invincible and hip fire spray whilst racing your team mates tot he enemy spawn to kill them.

Am i the only one who's getting annoyed with more than just the lag and the gameplay that feels like everyones playing on crystal meth here ? Because I could write a list... A long list with whats wrong with this game... but I'm not going to waste anymore of my time. I'm more interested in seeing if we can get enough of us for the developers to acctually listen to us and not the 12 year olds.

• Re: Flak jacket
    Oxidez

Lmao good response guys got a good community here.....

You were expecting a response? I just figured since all you did was rant about how 'Flak Jacket counters some explosives so the game is terrible' you were just venting. I disagree, Flak Jacket does exactly what it's supposed to do and isn't OP. If you're right on a frag or get stuck you die, if it's nearby or C4 you're low enough to lose a gunfight if the person runs in. Everything has a counter.

Oxidez

I can win gunfights fine... its the fact if i dont want to run around the corner like a headless chicken when i know someone is there  and spray and pray like you and everyone else and  because i want to get a kill with my equipment im outcasted my idiots like you? I could run around like a headless chicken but i prefer to use everything im given and mix it up a little.

Noob_Lyncher

People need to stop spamming explosives like noobs and get some gun skill. Problem solved.

banned-again

personaly id like to see flak jacket beefed up a bit more ive been killed by single grenades and hunter killers a few times now

Proclaimor

Shoot first and if someone is hurt and ducks behind cover, then use explosive weapons. Firing a rocket at someone's feet doesn't take skill.  If you really want cheap explosive kills go back to MW2 and equip danger close, one man army, and noob tubes.

Bullets work fine on people with flak jacket. Use them.

I think it needs a slight buff actually, I have been killed a few times by a HK while at full health, I was under the impression FJ was supposed to counter that completely. That said, I'm glad its back and doing what its supposed to, Blast Shield was worthless in MW3.

pfcsmooth

Actually I used Blast Shiel all the time in Drop Zone and it was balanced. It saved you but if a grenade rolled next to you or a rocket launcher hit you you died. Oh yeah that is how it is supposed to work. This whole save me from HK's crap is bull. Use Blindeye that is what it is for. Also, aimiong a launcher is slow and laborious so why is it cheap? You can only do it at times not like the quick scoping cheat which is aided by the code in the game.

I have seen a Flak Jacket survive 2 RPG's and a Betty. That is ridiculous in any world you live in.

sqitso

Wait the flak jacket does what it's supposed to do? You threw C4 at someone and it didn't kill them? Guess what.. that is called BALLANCE. If C4 blew up people with flak jackets.. then everyone would just run C4 and render flak jackets USELESS. There is no perfect combinations. That is the point. You have C4.. you throw it on the point to clear people out. BOOM.. you got two people, but look one guy was smart enough to have on a vest and he kills your ass. What is the counter? THROW 2 C4s!. God, it's just stratagy, use your head. Stop whining about stuff and learn how to counter play.

ghosthound

Flak Jacket is fine the way it is - use a tactical grenade to disorientate your target then shoot them - if you have the balls to try that radical strategy.

scolia5044

It's supposed too do that there is no pro version of perks just think you would be crying a lot more if there was Flak jacket pro

creaper21

Good. Use a gun.

No offense but talking about skill when you're suggesting spamming explosives is not a very smart statement. If you're truly better than these players beat them in a gun fight. Besides, think back to BO. You could withstand practically any explosive without dying... now if you're hurt already a grenade can still kill you.

parnezzi

maybe you should learn to aim instead of being an ******* throwing c4 at people because you suck.