10 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2013 10:12 AM by WhatzHisName RSS

Snipers in black ops 2

tomorulz

I noticed after playing a domination game on plaza that snipers are just so overpowered in the fact that treyarch decided that instead of catering the snipers for slow-paced patient players like in bo1, its like mw3, hardly any skill and REALLY annoying. During the match I noticed that none of the snipers were using toughness and while I was shooting bullets into their bodies they would still kill me even though they had an insane amount of recoil from the bullets being shot at them. I personally think that the snipers in this game are boring and repetitive to use in comparison to black ops 1 or modern warfare 2. I think treyarch needs to do something about this annoying sniper gameplay where they are able to go 20-0 by running about the map playing aggresive while people using automatic/ semi automatic guns have to pay for it when they keep constantly dying left right and centre all the time. I'm not saying snipers are overpowered, im just saying that they need a more black ops 1 kind of feel.

• Re: Snipers in black ops 2
    okthatsyouropinion

Go play a match of any gamemode and pull a positive KD using a sniper. Then maybe when you come back to the forums you'll think twice about being a half ass troll. 0/10

ElseAndrew

The one hit kill feature is a powerful tool for a gun that can be used to run and gun with, but Activision are marketing to kids, and the kids want to be "trickshotters and QSers".

Izjar11

tomorulz wrote:

I noticed after playing a domination game on plaza that snipers are just so overpowered

OH boy here we go, snipers are OP! We do hear it all in this thread! Lets continue with this dudes thread.

I personally think that the snipers in this game are boring and repetitive to use in comparison to black ops 1 or modern warfare 2. I think treyarch needs to do something about this annoying sniper gameplay where they are able to go 20-0 by running about the map playing aggresive while people using automatic/ semi automatic guns have to pay for it when they keep constantly dying left right and centre all the time. I'm not saying snipers are overpowered, im just saying that they need a more black ops 1 kind of feel.

You obviously have not learned to shot, or your trying to kill them with a SMG from who knows what distance. Wait your not saying snipers are "overpowered" what did I read in the first sentence of you rant?

You need then to go back and play BO1 for a BO1 kinda sniper experience. Peace.

zvers

The funny thing is that the only issue I have with the Snipers is that it seems like they give you a larger "hit" area. Many times I've sniped and been sniped only to noticed that the cross hairs were not even close! It's probably lag though.....

Izjar11

Thats how they designed it. They wanted to give snipers that QS thing of zooming and shooting and hitting targets.

Many do not like it, I care less. When someone stops in front of me, and tries to QS me, I move left right shooting back!

madmcardle

tomorulz wrote:

I noticed after playing a domination game on plaza that snipers are just so overpowered

I'm not saying snipers are overpowered, im just saying that they need a more black ops 1 kind of feel.

Made me giggle

WhatzHisName

Sure there are some ridiculous QS's by good quickscopers. But to the average player snipers are not easy to use and QS definately is not easy. If you say snipers are easy or OP i really don't think you have really used one or have tried anything but the DSR. The Ballista and SVU are OP... what a joke