6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2013 11:01 AM by xxspectrexx RSS

Voting system to migrate host?

I was just wondering if there could be a voting system in-game that allows a certain amount of players to vote to migrate the host if the game is running terribly, have had a few games where the lag is damn near unbearable and pretty much right near the end of the match is when it migrates host.

Say maybe 6+ votes in the current game will migrate the host without kicking that player who is the current host?

I dunno just a random thought.

• Re: Voting system to migrate host?
    gdexter

Nope not possible.

How would you know who to pass host to?

How does the game know who to migrate host to if the current host of the game leaves........it moves to the next player with the best connection.

With 1000+ posts that you have I would of expected you would not ask dumb questions or give dumb answers.

xmrythem

what 3arc needs to have done or still SHOULD do, is keep a running total of games quit and dashboarded and keep that count attached to each xbox live ID. Then when the lobby gathers and the game picks a host, it should take into strong consideration who quits less.

snorubit

I would support this heartily- like rolling a care package if enough people vote you at least have the option of a decent host.

As to tracking the quit total, I really don't care although I understand the perspective. I just want a decent connection with good hit detection. If they quit repeatedly I would deal with it as long as they are capable of providing decent ping.

I had a tough time last night and in fact one notable room had a host in Alaska. Everybody was quitting and I would have too execept that I had limited time online and was closing out a weapons challenge, having already bounced several times from other bad hosts.Ridiculous.

If this game had the MW2 host migration, it would be in a constant host migration tell the next COD comes out.

That when there are 400 people playing within 20 miles of you, the game can't find them.

If you leave a game in MW2, it puts you back in that same game 5 times in a row.

xxspectrexx

I can see this as a bad thing. People would abuse this a lot. It should only give players the option to vote if the game begins to slow down or lag.